Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   March 2006 Nebraska Chapter Meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/470026-march-2006-nebraska-chapter-meeting.html)

cowboywanabe 03-08-2006 09:13 AM

March 2006 Nebraska Chapter Meeting

Just wanting to get a head count of folks planning to attend the swap meet this coming weekend.

Sunday, March 12, 2006
Swap Meet in Lincoln, NE at the State Fair Grounds
10:30am @ the Ag Hall
Lets plan to meet at the entrance to the Ag Hall (outside if the weather is nice, inside if not!)

Nothing formal, just a quick meet to put names with faces!

I'll try and have an FTE logo of some sort so you can recognize me.

Thanks guys!

Rob

CBSuperduty 03-08-2006 04:24 PM

I would love too but you know how it goes when you are married.... Plans change. I got a lot coming up and gotta get some crap done. Sorry. Perhaps next time.

cowboywanabe 03-08-2006 06:34 PM

No problem CB, I understand.

Anyone else? If this isn't going to work out for anyone I understand. We can try and set something up at another time.

Rob

MXcowboy244 03-08-2006 11:51 PM

There is a very good chance i can make it. I will know for sure tomarrow evening!

FordTrucksKickGM 03-09-2006 11:53 AM

I will be there. If I dont meet you at the Ag building I will be with my friend selling stuff. He has a silver Dodge dually Club Cab and a dark blue Super Duty Crew cab. Im not sure which one he will have at the swap meet yet. He has a bunch of mustang and bronco stuff so Im sure you will be able to spot us.

husker 03-10-2006 12:53 PM

Hey guys if you don't mind, I will drop by just to say hello. I'll be there with some friends from Lincoln. Hey FordtrucksKickGM, what years Bronco stuff do you have. I have a 78 that I'm working on.

nikates 03-11-2006 07:21 PM

im not going to make it. i got a bad shake in my front end of my super duty and didn't have time to look at it today. sorry guys. have fun anyways!!

150ford 03-12-2006 02:51 PM

I couldnt make it either. I hope some off you showed up at the meet. The weather was kind off stormy near Lincoln this morning. I hope somebody took a few pics so i can see what you all look like. How was the meet? Hope you all had a good time.

cowboywanabe 03-12-2006 03:10 PM

The weather was pretty lousy, I got there right after the hail/snow pellets blew through.

I hung out outside of the Ag Building for 15 minutes or so, took a couple quick looks inside, but didn't meet up with anyone. Lots of folks were crammed in the building hiding from the cold!

Lots of stuff to see at the swap meet. Didn't really need anything so it was nice to just wonder around for a while.

CBSuperduty 03-13-2006 08:42 AM

Sorry to hear that Rob. I thought about coming as my plans changed but then I couldn't find a co-pilot and just when I was about to go by myself I saw that it was starting to sleet. I decided that it just wasn't worth it. Perhaps next time.

FordTrucksKickGM 03-13-2006 10:26 AM

Rob, I looked for you but I didnt see anyone with anything FTE related. I did see a guy buy the NE entrance of the ag building around 10:40 with some papers in his hand. I was wondering if that was you. There were lots of people lingering around the entrances and I didnt feel like walking up to everyone and asking who they were. Lets try it again some time or maybe we could post our pics of ourselves so we know who to look for. The weather sure sucked and the meet was very disorganised.

cowboywanabe 03-13-2006 12:13 PM

Ya, Mark, it's tough trying to figure out who someone is when there are a bunch of people milling about. I didn't realize that the Ag hall would have two entrances either... I was carrying some papers, so that could have been me, but, I saw lots of folks carrying all kinds of stuff too. Guess I should have made a giant poster and hung it around my neck!

I thought the meet was pretty disorganized too, some of the rows were so close together, you could hardly move up and down them. I was trying to keep an eye out for the two trucks you mentioned you might be with.

FordTrucksKickGM 03-13-2006 12:33 PM

I was hoping you might have an FTE logo on your jacket or hat or something. Maybe check with the other chapters and see if theres a patch or something we can buy and sew onto our hats so we can recognise eachother.
If you were the guy standing next to the dumpster I walked by you twice wondering if that was you. My friend had his silver Dodge and he was selling a couple John Deere mowers and a 4 wheeler. I never know what he plans to sell at these things and he usually does pretty good. Hes got a couple of old style Broncos at his house. Maybe we can plan something for the Wahoo or Fremont swap meets? Im sure I will atleast be at the Fremont one.

cowboywanabe 03-13-2006 03:23 PM

Mark - that's pretty funny, I remember seeing a silver Dodge dually with a trailer holding the John Deeres and the atv. But, I was thinking Bronco and didn't look closer... Oh well, we almost met.

The only item I have with an FTE logo is a T-shirt.... wasn't really T-shirt weather!

I guess I'll just put this in my lessons-learned file, and next time we try to meet I'll have a better plan.

FordTrucksKickGM 03-13-2006 04:35 PM

Where did you get the shirt from?