Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   new member, wheaton illinois (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/469908-new-member-wheaton-illinois.html)

E150wreckonoline 03-07-2006 09:40 PM

new member, wheaton illinois

hey guys i just registered, toyota hauler told me about this forum, after visiting i knew i had to register.
I just purchased a 2004 e150xl econoline, i do alot of quad and dirtbike riding and just needed a larger vehicle to get me to the tracks.
I live in wheaton and work in lisle as a technician for Infiniti,if anybody in the illinois chapter rides off road, please lmk im out riding nearly every weekend in the summer

i currently installed an alarm and a magnaflow cat back exhaust for the econoline, more to come

angelo

Patatoe1 03-07-2006 09:47 PM

Hey, welcome to FTE.

I used to go quadding, up until my friend with the quads had to sell them off due to to many tickets. Was looking into getting one myself though.

How much are they?

E150wreckonoline 03-07-2006 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Patatoe1
Hey, welcome to FTE.

I used to go quadding, up until my friend with the quads had to sell them off due to to many tickets. Was looking into getting one myself though.

How much are they?

well expect to pay around $5000 and up for a new quad, and around $2500 and up for a used one(sport quads), the average sport quad with a 400cc motor new will set you back between 4800 and 5500, the race ready 450's however are in the 5800 and 7000 price range

98EB-Expedition 03-08-2006 08:11 AM

Hi
I also live in Wheaton. I do have an ATV (Honda Recon) I don't ride it a whole lot just some light trails when I have time. When I go offroad I mostly go off road in my Jeep. I am at Cliff's and Badlands at least twice a month especially in the warmer months. Maybe we can meat up sometime.
Mike

Patatoe1 03-08-2006 04:24 PM

Are there actual trails that allow quads around here? Me and my buddy used to go through the forrest preserves in and around Orland Park, and then around the neighborhoods.

I'll have to call him up and figure out what type of quads he had.
I think they were 250cc, and they were pretty quick. Would that be reasonable?

98EB-Expedition 03-08-2006 05:16 PM

There are many off road areas that are legal. RORP in Rockport IL, Badlands in Attica IN, Silver Lake in MI, Cliffs Insane Terrain, Marsaillies IL Ki Tracks in Oregon IL Tons of legal trails in WI and MI and someothers here in Illinois. Basically there is nothing free though. If you don't pay Most likely it's illegal and trespassing.

Fastronald 03-08-2006 05:43 PM

E150wreckonoline

Will you be joining the Illinois Chapter? Click "Join Chapter" at the Illinois forum.

whowey 03-09-2006 06:03 PM

Don't bother with Ki Tracks. Only thing you can get there is bored and hurt in some stupid accident. It is so completely overcrowded.

There is a new place in Rockford for quads.

E150wreckonoline 03-13-2006 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by 98EB-Expedition
Hi
I also live in Wheaton. I do have an ATV (Honda Recon) I don't ride it a whole lot just some light trails when I have time. When I go offroad I mostly go off road in my Jeep. I am at Cliff's and Badlands at least twice a month especially in the warmer months. Maybe we can meat up sometime.
Mike

yeah mike, definately we should do some riding this year, i have a 400ex setup for xc, i havent been to badlands but thats on my list for this year.
pm me and ill get you my # i can always use more riding buddies

angelo

E150wreckonoline 03-13-2006 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by whowey
Don't bother with Ki Tracks. Only thing you can get there is bored and hurt in some stupid accident. It is so completely overcrowded.

There is a new place in Rockford for quads.

ive heard that the rockford place is incredible, def. gonna hit that up this year, also i agree about ki tracks, if you dont lke mx dont go, i spend the majority of my riding season at fox valley, but this rockford place seems awesome, keep forgetting the name though

E150wreckonoline 03-13-2006 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Patatoe1
Are there actual trails that allow quads around here? Me and my buddy used to go through the forrest preserves in and around Orland Park, and then around the neighborhoods.

I'll have to call him up and figure out what type of quads he had.
I think they were 250cc, and they were pretty quick. Would that be reasonable?

if they were 250cc they must have been 2 strokes(if you say they were fast)
a 250r in good condition can get you good money, those were badass rides man, and becoming rare.

just joined the illinois chapter!

BobbyDiesel71 03-13-2006 11:20 PM

welcome Angelo!!!

I think there is a March meeting soon, you go to come along with me and BLUEMAG RT

E150wreckonoline 03-15-2006 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by toyota hauler
welcome Angelo!!!

I think there is a March meeting soon, you go to come along with me and BLUEMAG RT

bob ill see you there, can i have the number for the guy that does your rhinolining type coatings, i need some work done

BobbyDiesel71 03-15-2006 11:17 PM

just call me

whowey 03-16-2006 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by E150wreckonoline
ive heard that the rockford place is incredible, def. gonna hit that up this year, also i agree about ki tracks, if you dont lke mx dont go, i spend the majority of my riding season at fox valley, but this rockford place seems awesome, keep forgetting the name though

Its called Rocky Glen. Its right off of Bypass 20, on South Main. Its in an old rock Quarry, next to the Garbage truck Depot.