Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Is it spring yet ? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/468790-is-it-spring-yet.html)

fordloverf2501970 03-05-2006 01:25 AM

Is it spring yet ?

i think Cabin fever has set it's dirty claws into me. i am so bored that i am almost wishing i had my truck back so i would have something to do. My kids are driving me nuts wanting to do this and that and it is too cold for this and they dont want to wear their coats anymore. the wife is driving me nuts because she spends all day taking care of the twins and she needs a break. i get home from 18 hours at work and she hands me 2 babys and heads out the door and all i want to do is sleep 3-4 hours before i have to be at work again. My harley is threating to file a lawsuit against me for lack of affection because i dont spend enough time with her. But it has just been too crappy to ride. Last weekend i spent 4 hours on a saturday rearrangin the wires inside my PC case so that they were all out of the way. I even counted all the pennies in my piggy bank $14.47. I went thru 1247 pictures i have saved on my PC and renamed the files to what the picture was, plus edited the photos and arranged them in different sets for different kids. That killed almost a whole day saturday. i am going nuts, i need a warm weekend with clear skies where i can get on my harley in the morning and be in no hurry to go nowhere as i ride away the miles. HOW MUCH LONGER TIL SPRING !!!!!!!

fellro86 03-05-2006 08:55 AM

Sounds like if you had the truck, the kids wouldn't let you do anything with it... been there. But that's why I always keep something to do available, I would go nuts with nothing to tinker on, the lawnmower would get modded or something... :-wow We had been contemplating moving for the next year, then move to Marengo after that, but the lack of anything or anywhere for me to do it just made it to where I just couldn't agree on it.. It would save some gas, but cost my sanity. :( For now, we stay put, unless something good enough comes along at a good enough pricetag. Besides, I hate moving!

truckertaz 03-05-2006 12:24 PM

Well Fri I was out for a couple hours on the wing. Yesturday we had the dogs out on the trial, last night we went down to I-80 truck stop for supper. Today there is about 4 inches of snow on the ground still snowing :-X16

fellro86 03-05-2006 12:41 PM

Yeah, last week, I was working out in my t-shirt, this week, been minimum 1 if not 2 jackets... no snow here, just rain, still cold all the same.

fordsrgrt 03-05-2006 03:12 PM

yeah we got about 4" down here today also

FarmForward 03-06-2006 12:06 PM

No, it is not spring yet... I can tell because my barnlots are not muddy, therefore any new calves can't make an appearance.

And don't even get me started about the condition of my planter... or my disk... or my baler...

yamaweezle 03-15-2006 11:13 PM

well, spring has got to be close...the robins are back in my neighborhood once again...shouldn't be long now...

fordloverf2501970 03-16-2006 09:44 AM

gonna ride the harley today if the weather holds out

truckertaz 03-16-2006 02:27 PM

snowing like a SOB here today :mad:

fellro86 03-16-2006 02:30 PM

60 degrees here today... :-X07 :-X06

Flareside94 03-16-2006 03:41 PM

It WAS nice today. Went to class wearing a cutoff shirt, khaki shorts and flip flops, came out freezing my butt off. TAlk about a quick change.