Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   Future IL Chapter meeting idea (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/460312-future-il-chapter-meeting-idea.html)

JohnT 02-10-2006 04:54 PM

Future IL Chapter meeting idea

With the low attendance that we've had at past monthly chapter meetings, I had a different idea for a future IL chapter meeting. How about having the IL chapter meeting as a once a year thing sometime during the summer months. The meeting should be held somewhere in the central part of the state so that members from southern IL as well as members from the Chicago area could attend if interested. I've had several e-mails from chapter members who live in the central/southern Il area who would be interested in attending meetings. Maybe having just one big IL Chapter meeting sometime this summer in central IL would work out better than the monthly Chicagoland area meetings we've been having? Anyone interested?

frdrngrlvr 02-10-2006 11:08 PM

i take it that the jan. meeting didn't go so well. sorry, i was supposed to be there. the summer may be a better idea considering it'll be nicer and we can show off our vehicles. i'm open for either and would attend a feb. or march meeting if there was to be one.

Fastronald 02-12-2006 02:49 PM

Meeting

While Chapter Leader............we discussed many meeting locations.

Central Meeting?

May I suggest Danville? It's off I - 57 and off I - 74. It's central enough for all to meet in, along the Vermilion River and there are many places to meet and eat too.

Next?.......maybe meet in Matoon? It's just off I - 57 and route 16.

Chicagoland areas? Lets hear your thoughts

Fastronald

fairmontman 02-12-2006 07:37 PM

I agree a yearly meeting during the summer may work out better or maybe twice a year.Good idea to have it in the central part of the state,make driving distance close to even for everybody.

Jigsaw 02-12-2006 08:24 PM

Chicagoland Meetings

:-wink How about hitting some of the many "Cruise Nights" at the local restaurants?

JohnT 02-13-2006 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jigsaw
:-wink How about hitting some of the many "Cruise Nights" at the local restaurants?

I definetly intend to attend some cruise nites this summer. My fiancee Carol and I have several vintage Ford pickups that we like to take to cruise nites. They are a 73 F100, 77 F100 flareside, 79 F100, 2 92 F150 flaresides, and a 95 F150. Unfortunately, at the cruise nites that we attend, there usually aren't many other Ford pickups.

frdrngrlvr 02-13-2006 09:48 PM

theres "Frosted Mug" in alsip on pulaski. it may be an ok place for our fords to hang out. then theres "Dukes" in burbank? on harlem and about 81st but i've heard some horror stories about keyed paint jobs.

Patatoe1 02-13-2006 10:56 PM

Frosted Mug is on Tuesday nights right? About when does that start up again?

frdrngrlvr 02-14-2006 01:59 AM

the guy that runs it is kind of funny. he only allows certain kind of vehicles on tuesday nights so i don't think us ford truck guys could get a spot that particular evening but if there is enough of us i would imagine we could get another night. i'm not sure when exactly it statrs up but i think they kick it off around the spring time.

JohnT 02-17-2006 02:24 PM

Because of our work schedules, Carol and I only attend crise nites that are on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. We usually go to Stake 'N Shake in Tinley Park on Friday nights and Lindys/Gerties in Oak Forest on Sunday nights.

frdrngrlvr 02-17-2006 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by JohnT
Because of our work schedules, Carol and I only attend crise nites that are on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday nights. We usually go to Stake 'N Shake in Tinley Park on Friday nights and Lindys/Gerties in Oak Forest on Sunday nights.

how is the stake 'n shake. i thought there was a bunch of punks up there. no?

Jigsaw 02-18-2006 09:12 PM

Anybody further North - like Schaumburg area?

JohnT 02-24-2006 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by frdrngrlvr
how is the stake 'n shake. i thought there was a bunch of punks up there. no?

Try to get there early (no later than 6:30), then park in one of the first few rows of cars nearest the Stake 'N Shake. That way you can avoid all of the punks with their rice-burners. The ricers usually park towards the back of the lot, and those of us who are into classic cars/trucks try to park in the first few rows.

4.9inline6 02-24-2006 02:07 PM

springfield and jacksonville both have cruise nights...jacksonville is one of those that if you show up, your welcome in. pretty big around here. it is only a once a year deal towards the end of summer if i remember correctly...anyone live around here?
chris

4.9inline6 03-03-2006 11:00 PM

anyone ever think about meeting in this area? better yet, is anyone within an hour of the springfield/jacksonville area?
chris