Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   HID installed and ?s (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/442899-hid-installed-and-s.html)

is300wrx 12-24-2005 06:28 PM

HID installed and ?s

I just installed a set of HID conversion kit on my 2005 F-150 STX. It is only one beam bulb so therefor I have no high beams. Also, to remind you I have fog lights on the truck. My question is, when I turn my head lights on, and pull the knob to turn on the fog lights, a "blue light" indicator lights up on the dash. It is the high beam indicator and I have no idea why that is lit. As far as I remember, that light never came on before the install. You have to excuse me since this is my first truck ever and I just got it back after having it repaired at the body shop the last two monhts. So technicaly, I only had the truck for 2 months....Just curious whether the blue light is suppose to be on when the fogs are on the dash.

p.s.-Merry XMas and Happy Holidays everyone

Cuisinart 12-26-2005 11:43 AM

No, the high beam indicator is not supposed to come on when you activate the fog lights. Why would you purchase a system where you have no high beams?

is300wrx 12-26-2005 12:58 PM

Because these beams are so bright that I dont need high beams. Plus, the level of movement in these 9008 films from hi/lo are so patheitc that they dont make a difference. Does high beam really make a huge different to you with the stock halogen bulbs? It anything, the beam gets wider. And since these healight casings are not projectors, the beams do spreak wide with HIDs. :-X06

Cuisinart 12-26-2005 04:49 PM

Well, the big difference is the angle, the beam literally aims a bit higher. At least it sure seams to in my truck.

JasonB1 12-27-2005 07:50 AM

I am about to HIDs also.

Where did you get your kit? I have only found one supplier that looks like he has a good product.

is300wrx 12-27-2005 08:44 AM

http://www.blinglights.com

Look at his rating on ebay as well. hes a moderator on a Corvette forum. Has sold many and no complaints.

JasonB1 12-27-2005 09:01 AM

Ok, thanks.

is300wrx 12-27-2005 04:17 PM

Jason, let me know how it goes. If you have any questions regarding installation, PM me and Ill be more than happy to help you out.

p.s.- I got the 8000k bulbs. No complaints what so ever. Looks awesome

YOMAN 12-27-2005 09:24 PM

is it plug and play ? if its not, whats required tool for it ?

Any picture of your new HID lit on AT NIGHT ??

Been thinking about get 6K HID kit :)

Thanks!
YOMAN!

is300wrx 12-27-2005 10:51 PM

this kit is not plug and play for 9008 bulbs. It requires simple splicing. I will take pics as soon as I get back from VT tommorow. Check out my gallery tommorow or the day after.

valenrandy 12-28-2005 10:48 PM

So it fits right where the regular halogen bulb was at? Is the light beam (pattern) the same?

is300wrx 12-29-2005 10:28 AM

Yes the bulb fits perfectly since I ordered the right bulb! All you have to do is mount the box (ballst/starter built into one) and wire the bulb. The beam is a bit wider and the difference between the regular halogen is literally night and day.}>

P.S.- I had the Sylvania Silverstars prior to the HID bulbs. I have used Sylvania Silverstars for all my cars and they performed outstandingly. However, due to the design of the Ford's headlight, for some reason, even the Silverstars performed extremelely poorly.:-X13 That is the reason why I installed the HIDs.

tdister 12-29-2005 02:45 PM

So what silverstar bulb were you using (# wise)?

is300wrx 12-29-2005 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by tdister
So what silverstar bulb were you using (# wise)?

A close friend of mine works for Sylvania out in Danver, MA at their headqurters. He gave me a prototype to try out for my truck since they dont make a 9008 bulb for the Silverstar line. To tell you the truth, I was dissapointed in Ford's design. I'm sure the bulb wouldve performed well in a different casing.

rowdyt 12-31-2005 05:10 PM

Any of you guys that have installed HID's have a problem of the HID bulbs flashing when you unlock the truck. They ignite just fine when I turn the lights on manually, the bulbs flash when I hit unlock. I dont think its the ignitors since they ignite fine when being turned on manually. I think that it is a power issue, like maybe the lights do not get a full 12v of power when you hit unlock onthe key fob. Anybody else have this problems, or have any suggestions?