Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   West Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum134/)
-   -   Here Fitter, Here Fitter, Fitter Fitter Fitter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/434508-here-fitter-here-fitter-fitter-fitter-fitter.html)

Dave Sponaugle 11-28-2005 11:45 PM

Here Fitter, Here Fitter, Fitter Fitter Fitter

Practicing for the Hemis' tomorrow night.
Gonnas go smoke a couple of 'em if all goes well tomorrow.

CAUTION, National Weather Service has posted a large black cloud over Clarksburg and surrounding areas for the near future.

I am gonna go out and burn about 50 gallons of diesel tomorrow night.
Should only take an hour or two.

5_labsownus 11-29-2005 04:03 PM

Dave, Do we need to go give Fitter some medical attn. I have not seen him here for some time and think he may be sick or worse from all of the black smoke with metal dust in it from DOA engines!

TTFN
Rod

Dave Sponaugle 12-04-2005 12:18 AM

Well if he is in Clarlsburg he has black lung for sure.
For some reason people don't want to tailgate me anymore.

Not sure if it is because they can't catch me or they can't see where they are going when they are close to the rear bumper.

Since I don't know what Fitters ride looks like now, he may have been one of those that got lost in the cloud behind me. The first 1/4 mile behind me is a lot like the Bermuda Triangle, drivers go into the cloud and suffer vertigo and get lost in time.

I may have to run over to Parkersburg and smoke him out.

5_labsownus 12-06-2005 10:48 AM

I figured the smoke had drifted over to him and had him down!

Crazz 12-06-2005 08:17 PM

got the truck running Dave ?
new or used engine and how is it doing ?

Dave Sponaugle 12-08-2005 08:41 PM

Junk yard 6.9 engine.
Installed the turbo off my 7.3 on it.
Installed the IP off the 7.3 on it.
Had the injectors out of the 7.3 rebuilt and installed them also.

It is doing just fine.
Here hemi, here hemi come on out and let's play.

Fuel mileage is down to about 10 for right now, but that might be my foot since it has been so long since I drove a good truck.

Now since I have all the 7.3 injection stuff on it when someone follows me with their brights on I just black the headlights out. Works a lot like those auto darkening sun glasses and is controlled by my right foot.

Crazz 12-08-2005 09:26 PM

lmfao thats funny, and im glad its running good for you

Dave Sponaugle 12-10-2005 12:56 PM

It is good to see I have not lost my sense of humor through all the Reviva deal.
I was starting to worry about that about two months into the ordeal.

Just a couple of tanks of fuel turned into black clouds and I am almost back to normal now.

Crazz 12-11-2005 05:17 AM

haha, thats awesome.

Dave Sponaugle 12-18-2005 12:11 AM

Yesterday I found a leaking fuel line on my engine right above the fuel pump.
Fixed it last night after I ordered a new one. Maybe since all the fuel is going into the engine instead of on the road the mileage will go up some now.
I think the only fuel leaks I have left are in the chrome pipes behind the doors.

Did Fitter fall in the river or something worse?
We may have to send out a search party for him Rod.
If I keep my right foot less than 1/4th of the way down on the throttle we should be able to see him for a couple of hundred yards or so unless he is behind us.

I may have scared him off when I talked about invading his new garage for the meet and eat earlier this year. F350 woman got divorced and is not on the Georgia chapter page any more either.

Crazz 12-18-2005 04:39 AM

fitter565

Last Activity: 12-08-2005 05:21 AM

Alright fitter you could atleast stop in and say hey ;p

5_labsownus 12-18-2005 08:09 AM

So where did F350 Woman go? We need to get her back online as well as Fitter!

I vote to stage a protest about his abduction and no one doing any thing about it on his front steps after the first of the year!

Rod

Dave Sponaugle 12-18-2005 11:59 AM

Rod do you know exactly where his steps are located?
Switchboard may have found him, wonder if Fairview Ave is close to his house?
If so we could meet there and sing Christmas Carrols for him.

Last time I was in the Georgia forum she had not been there for some time, the forum was in the process of selecting a new leader.
The last time I heard from her the divorce had taken a toll on her. I think she got the kids and Mike got the computer is how the custody battle went. She was going online while at work at that time.

fitter565 12-20-2005 06:54 PM

:-wink Hello all! I'm still around and doing good. I want to Thank Dave and Rod for all their concern. I promise I'll check in everyday now that I have my computer back up and running.

I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!
We will have a get together very very soon.:-X22

Fitter

Dave Sponaugle 12-20-2005 07:05 PM

LOOK HE IS ALIVE

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone.

We did miss you.

I have been sending smoke signals for a couple of weeks, guess the wind was blowing the right way finally.