Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   New pictures!! Finaly......... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/428082-new-pictures-finaly.html)

fabmandelux 11-08-2005 09:13 PM

New pictures!! Finaly.........

I just posted new pictures of my methaloxide mixing tank, and also pictures of the methanol still. Please excuse the "messy" shop, after all this is a working ranch and I have 4 other people using it also! I just found a URL that is willing to post Video of everything in operation, Will post a link to there when I can get it uploaded. This will probably be the last pictures of this set-up, as I'm starting to build a "continious- flow" system, to take advantage of larger volume's of oil. When I started this, I never thought it would get this BIG!! I am currantly in discussion's with 2 different counties and the state to site a biodiesel co-op here. I have 10 local farms willing to grow rapeseed for it. Also started a new company called "Oregon Trail Biofuels LLC" whitch is a consulting firm, And a supplier of Biodiesel. Will keep everyone posted on my progress on the new plant.FABMANDELUX.:-fire

commonhack 11-08-2005 10:34 PM

I would really like to see the video!

PowerstrokeJunkie 11-10-2005 07:26 PM

that is a pretty cool setup! great work!:-wink

jones8 11-17-2005 10:23 AM

I would love to see a video also. I'm going to build a 500 gallon per month system in Auburn, AL in the near future and any ideas are welcome. I know that's not huge, but it's just for some friends, family, myself and promotion of biodiesel.

amish77 11-17-2005 10:25 AM

how much is the output of yours fabman?

fabmandelux 11-17-2005 11:04 AM

output

[Q
UOTE=amish77]how much is the output of yours fabman?[/QUOTE]

Currantly 400gal per day. With the new continious-flow system I should be able to process 1,600 gal per day.FABMANDELUX.:-fire

Forgot to mention my son Harley bought me a brand new computer for my birthday 2 days ago! I SHOULD..... have streaming video uploaded very soon!!! FABMANDELUX.

amish77 11-17-2005 01:01 PM

that's impressive. 1600 per day could make some serious dough, so long as you don't end up giving it all back to those farmers giving you the rapseed.

fabmandelux 11-17-2005 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by amish77
that's impressive. 1600 per day could make some serious dough, so long as you don't end up giving it all back to those farmers giving you the rapseed.

Not likely; I am now hauling 900 gal/wk from non farm sources. Still talking with 6 more frenchfry plants. They use a total of 3,000 gal per week!!FABMANDELUX:-fire

amish77 11-18-2005 09:53 AM

man yeah! Looks like you hit the mother load for fuel sources. Wonder what there is in my neck of the woods....:-D

skibender 11-18-2005 01:12 PM

That is an impressive setup.