Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   My 55 F100 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/428063-my-55-f100.html)

rogerf100 11-08-2005 08:34 PM

My 55 F100

Brought my '55 F100 back to my garage to work on the frame this winter. Glad to have it back in the garage. Just the rolling frame and cab. Now I can start derusting the frame and getting the shocks mounted. Need to do final fitting of the rear axle. When the frame is clean and painted I can mount the engine/trans to figure out the shifter location in the floor. Then fit a drive shaft. Put new brake lines in. Before you know it will be running. Well I can dream about it.

Getting close to putting things back together.

hotrod48 11-08-2005 09:51 PM

Glad to hear it is home. :) It won't be too much longer before you are driving it. Keep up the hard work. :-X22

hotrod48

rogerf100 11-13-2005 03:00 PM

Update to my 1955 F100 Web page

Worked on my truck this weekend. Great weather and got a good start on the frame. You can see pics at this address http://members.cox.net/rogerdh/disas..._continued.htm

Hope to get the frame and suspension done this winter.:-D

hotrod48 11-14-2005 09:23 AM

Looking good. Won't be much longer before you are driving it on the road. :-X22 Keep the good work up.

hotrod48

ranger240 11-18-2005 04:30 PM

looks good Roger!! good to see you haven't abandoned the site ALLTOGETHER!!! hahaha, like I have room to talk.

rogerf100 11-23-2005 01:13 PM

More progress and web site updated with new photos at
www.rogersf100.us

rogerf100 11-23-2005 01:15 PM

Good to here from you again Ken. Hope your family is doing well. Have you had time to do any work on your pickup?

hotrod48 11-23-2005 01:41 PM

Website looks good. I would like to know how that Toyota power steering box handles on the street when you get it there (I'm sure it's worth the upgrade, but still curious what you think) if you don't mind.

One question for you. I noticed you still have the other two tires that were on the front of your truck when I picked up the rear end from you (The other two you gave me with the axle). Would you be interested in getting rid of them? I like the tread and I think they would look good on my 81. Thanks, and I appreciate the rear end and rear diff.

hotrod48

rogerf100 11-23-2005 02:04 PM

Yes I would like to get rid of those wheels/tires. They take up a lot of room and I have another set from my F150 I can use when I need to roll the chassis out of the garage. Email me and we can discuss a good price.

ranger240 11-24-2005 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by rogerf100
Good to here from you again Ken. Hope your family is doing well. Have you had time to do any work on your pickup?

well the family is doing well, and no no progress on the truck, but I have been driving it a lot lately, so hopefully something like the tranny will break and give me a good excuse to do some work lol :)

rogerf100 11-24-2005 04:03 PM

Ken, careful what you wish for, it may come true at the wrong time. I thought I was stranded at work last week when my truck wouldn't start. Phyllis was at home baby sitting our grandson Joshua and did not have a car seat, so could not pick me up. It acted like a dead battery, but I new the battery was not old enough to be bad yet. Luckily I found someone with a set of jumper cables.

If I turned on the lights while driving, the voltage would drop real low and the trans would shift to neutral.

Got the truck home and shut it down. Would not start again. I checked the battery voltage and it was over 12 volts. Turned out to be some mild corrosion on the battery posts. Cleaned them up and it started right up. No more problems since. And we now have a car seat for Joshua, just in case.

cigarxtc and I worked on my '55 today and got the rear axle and mono leaf springs mounted to the frame. Then we put the drumbrakes together and mounted the wheels. Now the back half of the truck can roll. Still need to come up with a way to mount rear shocks.

Next, the front axle.

rogerf100 11-27-2005 08:47 PM

Made some more progress on my truck this week. Ron (cigarxtc) helped me remount the rear axle, thanks Ron. Pics updated on my web page at www.rogersf100.us

rogerf100 12-10-2005 05:51 PM

Suspension

I got some more progress to report. The front suspension is done. New tie rod and ends, shocks, front disc brakes mounted. I made some custom upper rear shock mounts to work with the 68 F100 rear axle so rear shocks are done. Pics are here http://members.cox.net/rogerdh/assembly_begins.htm

:-X03 :D

cigarxtc 12-10-2005 10:18 PM

Wow, Roger, it looks good. Your truck is sure coming along nicely. I like the red and black color scheme. And those custom rear shock mounts look like they will work.

hotrod48 12-10-2005 10:51 PM

You are really getting some progress done with your truck. It's looking good. :-X22 I may steal your idea for the upper shock mount. I may have to get Ron down here to help me with my truck. :-X14

hotrod48