Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nova Scotia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum121/)
-   -   Matt you almost got called to work on a bronco (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/422831-matt-you-almost-got-called-to-work-on-a-bronco.html)

bossind 10-23-2005 08:14 PM

Matt you almost got called to work on a bronco

What a job! Changed the rear axle on my bronco. Went from 3.55 gears to 4.10s. Went from open Diff. to trak loc. And than the whole rear disc brakes on top of that. New U joints in the drive shaft. Man I'm beat!,,, Took the whole weekend and I just finised up tonight.

Still have the front axle to do, so you may get a call to help with that one as soon as I get a few more parts.

Oh the 4.10s made a huge differance.

MatthewC 10-25-2005 03:00 PM

Im spending this weekend working on mine, finishing up on the welding that needs done. Hopefully, that will be it, and I can have him back on the road!

Sounds like you had an awesome weekend, I sorta wish I was there with ya. I went to a wedding dance in Minto instead. Ended up in a brawl of course......Any issues putting in the 4.10's, or is that something youy have done before?

-Matt

bossind 10-25-2005 07:09 PM

A friend of mine setup the gears, I didn't have the tools to do it nor have I done one yet - read about how to do it. I was in tonight replacing the brakeline and I notice the pinion seal is leaking so now I have to go in and fix that, but thats not so easy cause you have to replace the crush sleave and set the preload so I think I'll have to call my bud in for that.

I'm loving the disc brakes, if I come accross a good deal on a set I'll pick them up for you - its so worth it! Best mod I've done.

I hear those Minto parties are a blast. I'm more of a drinker than a fighter, but I won't get pushed around either. :-X19

MatthewC 10-25-2005 07:13 PM

But you have an 8.8 right? Didnt you put some brakes off an Explorer on yours? Is there something cheap out there for 9 inchers?

-Matt

bossind 10-25-2005 08:08 PM

Same thing can be made to fit the 9" :)

MatthewC 10-26-2005 04:54 PM

Whaaa? I didnt know that! How does that work?

-Matt

bossind 10-26-2005 05:09 PM

Well you do just about the samething I did.

bossind 11-13-2005 06:13 PM

Ok i did the front end this weekend to 4.09 gears and traction lock, did all the u joints and I also upgraded my radius arm bushings. So I can use 4wheel drive again. :)

MatthewC 11-15-2005 06:24 PM

Just in time for the 8-10cm of snow tonight!!

-Matt

bossind 11-15-2005 06:29 PM

Yeah and I got some other news, oh this is so bad to post on a ford site, but it looks like i'm buying a new jeep TJ unlimited for the wife, man they drive so nice and it was either that or a VW Bug convertable.

But I'm still keeping my Bronco, its my toy had it since new and I have big plans for it just needed somehting that was new, dependable and got some sort of gas milage. The way I look at it I get to play in both worlds, jeep and ford.

MatthewC 11-15-2005 06:57 PM

You are dead to me.

bossind 11-15-2005 06:59 PM

Well thats nice! lol

MatthewC 11-15-2005 07:03 PM

Just kidding! Wish I had the time and place to finish mine! I gotta play in this snow!!!! Mini-vans are just no fun.

-Matt

bossind 11-16-2005 03:27 PM

Whats left to do on her?

MatthewC 11-16-2005 04:14 PM

Rear Brakes: No biggie, have the pads, springs etc, but lost my lug-key. Got to find it.

Floor: Hole in the hump under the rear seat, and another in the corner under the seat belt retractor. Caused by rain gutter crack. I tried welsing them, but my crappy stick welder just blew holes in the floor.

Body Mount Hanger: The hole rotted out enough that the top bushing is coming through. Ford wants $75 for another, but I might just have a large washer welded on.

Rear Crossmember: Right where the rear body mount goes in. Need to have a small piece of plate welded in. Not a big deal, but the body mount has to be taken out, and possibly the gas tank as well.

Thats it. Not hard jobs really, just time consuming what with having to unbolt the mounts and jack the truck up. Christmas is coming, so I wont be able to pay a shop to do it for me, so it may have to wait until after Jan. I think next year ill buy a complete poly-bushing kit.

-Matt