Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nova Scotia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum121/)
-   -   What a find! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/416797-what-a-find.html)

bossind 10-03-2005 06:42 PM

What a find!

So I was thinking the other day about my old 79 bronco and how I should have kept her and how I could be using that front Dana straight axle on my 96 bronco, but no I had to go and sell her back in 95 only to turn around and buy my lovely 96 bronco (well it was new than).

So I've been searching the junkyards for a straight axle for a couple years now and Saturday was no different, load up the tools get a coffee at Tims and hit the road. They know me pretty well now at the junk yard just walk on through or if the weather is bad drive around, only window shopping unless I see something I must have.

Again this Saturday was no different than any others but wait a sec what's that in the corner? Is that a black 79 0r 78 bronco? Best go over and have a look - not only is it a 79 Bronco but its my old 79 bronco!!!!! What are the chances? Well it's all beat up but the drive train is still intact, well was intact cause now it's in my trailer. :-X06

Man I had hope to find a 79 but finding my old bronco? well it doesn't get better than that! That girl had lockers front and back and I don't mean that limited slip crap either.

Well it looks like I've found a project for the winter months.

Anyway just wanted to share this with someone.
:-wink

MatthewC 10-08-2005 03:50 PM

One word. Karma!

Awesome find! Its nice to have a piece of your own history in you Bronco so you always have a piece of it with you at all times.

-Matt

bossind 10-08-2005 04:11 PM

It sure is! - Matt what gears do you have in your bronco?

MatthewC 10-08-2005 04:22 PM

3.55's. Ill have to go to some 4.10's at some point in the future. Did you read my thread on my edelbrock find? We're both having a good week.

-Matt

beer boy 12-03-2005 06:58 PM

lucky

what kind of luck is that? man i would go and buy many lotto tickets. congrats on a great find.

big daddy chuck 01-22-2006 07:12 PM

well thats the good news part that just about every one likes to hear , a junkyard trip with good results , if any of you guys in N.B around the St. George area ever run across a 1969 Firebird I left there about 20 years ago i would sure love a now picture of it

big daddy chuck
Ontario Chapter

MatthewC 01-31-2006 06:13 PM

Any progress on the SAS Steve?

My uncle is Sussex has a solid Dana that I can get my hands on. Im thinking of swapping to leafs for the sheer simplicity.

Your sticking with coils, no?

bossind 01-31-2006 06:17 PM

I'm sticking with coils. I have 2 SAS axles I got them both a part now and hope to start the rebuild soon.

Things have been on hold while I help out with dad, he had heart surgery a couple weeks ago, getting better though.

MatthewC 02-06-2006 06:42 PM

Was your 79 the one with the green seats? I was at Coburns today and saw it.

bossind 02-07-2006 06:45 AM

Nope it had black and gray seats. The bronco was black as well.

big daddy chuck 02-13-2006 07:51 PM

anyone here familiar with the St. George area?