Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   Date for October Meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/412674-date-for-october-meeting.html)

BlueMagRT 09-19-2005 05:08 PM

Date for October Meeting

we are having a poll for the date to hold the October Meeting.

It will run until october 1st and whichever date is in the lead at that time is when we will hold the meeting.

The meeting will be held at Toyhaulers's store in Lisle.

JohnT 09-21-2005 06:19 PM

Hey BlueMagRT, you got the dates wrong on those Saturdays. Actually, the dates would be either Oct.8 or Oct.15. I'd prefer to have the meeting on the 8th because I am planning on attending a swap meet in Joliet on the 16th and I have to get up really early that morning, so it would be a little inconvenient to have the meeting on the 15th.

BobbyDiesel71 09-21-2005 08:44 PM

I just realized the dates Brandon posted were incorrect

I see on my calender that you are right, John

Brandon, can you edit the poll or does John have to do that?

I really hope IL members see the poll itself and respond/participate

John, make the meeting madatory(inactive members will be removed from the club if they can't make it to at least 6-8 meetings per year)
I would say the monthly meeting would only need to be 1 hour
anyone can at least devote 1 hour per month to the club
keep up the good work~

bandit72577 09-22-2005 10:32 AM

I'm new around here, and would like to be able to help the illinois chapter in anyway I can.

Fastronald 09-22-2005 09:06 PM

Meeting

Gotta love the new screen names popping up expressing interest!

Keep it up guys!

I can't believe how long it is taking the site to drop my screen name off the Chapter Forum and add JohnT's screen name.

Fastronald

JohnT 09-23-2005 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by toyota hauler
I just realized the dates Brandon posted were incorrect

I see on my calender that you are right, John

Brandon, can you edit the poll or does John have to do that?

I really hope IL members see the poll itself and respond/participate

John, make the meeting madatory(inactive members will be removed from the club if they can't make it to at least 6-8 meetings per year)
I would say the monthly meeting would only need to be 1 hour
anyone can at least devote 1 hour per month to the club
keep up the good work~

I can't make the meeting mandatory. It would be nice to see more members at our Chapter meetings, however, some people can't attend because of work/family obligations. Also, not everyone in the IL Chapter is near the Chicagoland area, so it is almost impossible for them to attend meetings because of the distance. With gas prices as high as they are, it would not be realistic to expect someone to drive a couple of hundred miles to attend the meeting.

JohnT- IL Chapter leader

JohnT 09-23-2005 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by bandit72577
I'm new around here, and would like to be able to help the illinois chapter in anyway I can.

Welcome to the IL Chapter! Our next Chapter meeting is going to be held on Saturday evening Oct.8 in Lisle. One our members, toyotahauler, has a furniture store in Lisle, and we are having the meeting there. Toyotahauler posted the directions to his store last month in the September Meeting thread. If you're not busy that day, feel free to stop by and check it out.

JohnT- IL Chapter leader

Fastronald 09-23-2005 04:24 PM

Meetings

I agree with John 100%....it is not possible to require members attend meetings.

That would only cause them to leave all together and reduce the participation and interest level.

Again....we have many members who are hours away from us in the Chicagoland area and unable to attend.

It is sad when we hold meetings in various and new areas only to find that the usual faces are there.

We tried to gage interest in many areas of Illinois for meetings and the results were not always what we had hoped.

John and the active members are doing a great job.

Thanks, Fastronald

bandit72577 09-23-2005 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by JohnT
Welcome to the IL Chapter! Our next Chapter meeting is going to be held on Saturday evening Oct.8 in Lisle. One our members, toyotahauler, has a furniture store in Lisle, and we are having the meeting there. Toyotahauler posted the directions to his store last month in the September Meeting thread. If you're not busy that day, feel free to stop by and check it out.

JohnT- IL Chapter leader

I will be there, Lisle is very close to me here in Carol Stream. I'm trying to get my friend who also has an Explorer Sport to come along as well.

Fastronald 09-23-2005 07:07 PM

Chapter

Sounds like Bandit could be another asset for the Chapter.

I need to squeeze in some time off and get to a meeting myself.

Fastronald

BobbyDiesel71 09-23-2005 08:08 PM

I think I uderstand what you are saying, but I think joining the IL chapter should require some amount of active participation.
I know everyone has family and work obligations, that is why I said 6-8 monthly meetings(per Chicago area/southern area)
I am really hoping to meet the members that post online!!!

02EX73 09-29-2005 09:28 AM

Priorities

Being the only male in the household my lists are long and my weekends are full either going to MI (#1 prioity - Love it there) or busy around home. I hope to get there. Glad you did not select OCT 1. Opening day in MI for bow hunting.

Leif in Gurnee

03 7.3 EX 75KMiles, Superchip tuned, gauaged 2/3's done... (now buring more fuel so I can watch the boost gauage sweep :) Next is an air box and exhaust.

Fastronald 10-03-2005 04:13 PM

October

What time on the 8th? be sure to give the directions.

Later, Fastronald

BobbyDiesel71 10-03-2005 06:58 PM

I am speaking for myself, but I am sure John will chime in and confirm
Sat, OCT 8th, at THE RESALE CONNECTION
1719 Ogden Ave
Lisle, IL 60532
630-963-0600
I think the meeting could start at 5:30 or so and last 1 hour or so
the location is my resale furniture store that is 1.25 miles west of I-355, 3 blocks west of RT 53
feel free to call my cell if you have any questions (630) 688-4939 Nextel ID 111*83148*1

fairmontman 10-03-2005 09:54 PM

I thought the meeting was going to be around 6:30.Just want to be sure I know what time it will be.