Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texas Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum96/)
-   -   Built Ford Tuff? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/411440-built-ford-tuff.html)

texans 09-15-2005 03:44 AM

Built Ford Tuff?

Ok first off I am a die hard ford fan, but what is up with there slogin? Built Ford Tuff? If you think about it that makes no since. You cant compare a Ford to a Ford. Thats like saying an apple is made apple tuff. Of course its built Ford tuff it is a Ford. As much as I hate to say it, at least C**** compares itself to an object "like a Rock". you know how tuff a rock is, but like I always say Sinks like a Rock. I Just think ford should come up with a new slogan. Maybe compare itself to an object (not to itself). You know what I mean? Anyone eles agree with me? Sorry if I made anyone angry by this. Just thought I would share my opion. Thanks for reading. Any Comments welcome.:-X25
Scotty

13MWZ 09-15-2005 04:12 PM

Maybe there's nothing tuff enough to compare it too except itself.

Built Diamond Tuff, that just sounds gay.
Built Depleated Uranium Tuff, that's a mouth full.
Nails bend too easy, rocks get crushed easily, steel melts, ect ect.

Your right though, it is kinda a goofy saying.

rfxj3 09-16-2005 01:27 AM

I think the slogan was designed to build upon the perception that Ford trucks are built a bit tougher than the competition (primarily Chevy). While this may or may not be factual ( I personally believe that it is), if you talk to farmers, cattle ranchers, and construction workers that have owned trucks over the last 30 years, you will find that most think the same way.

Everytime I go visit my in-laws in a one horse town in the Texas Panhandle and look around at what all those country folks are driving, the ranchers and farmers are all driving Ford HDs. Most of them over 20 years old. My father-in-law is the lone exception. He seems to think that the Chevys are better but can't really express why he thinks that. I had to quit teasing him about it because he would get so upset and flustered. Yet his dad, a retired auto mechanic of 40 years, still drives '76 F250 daily.

Marketing is a powerful force but is even more powerful if it can build on a general belief already in the marketplace. I am not sure how accurate this is in the last couple of years since both Chevy and Dodge have really stepped up their attempts to be competetive in the HD market but I think they are still running a bit behind.

I think it is a pretty effective slogan, myself.

texans 09-16-2005 01:56 AM

yeah I know what they are trying to say with built ford tuff, just dont think it makes much since.
scotty

rfxj3 09-16-2005 11:41 PM

That is the beauty of it - by declaring a standard of "ford tough", they are challenging anyone to come up with an alternative definition. And as my previous post states, there is no real market driven previous perception. This is a prime example of perception is 9/10ths of reality or some such formula.

brokebronco 09-17-2005 11:40 AM

Hey don't bring formulas into this. I'm not doing math here.

:)

Chris

ford4life69 01-25-2006 09:50 PM

com'on boys. all they're saying is that there's NOTHING that compares to a ford. it's the toughest around so you have to compare it to itself cuz there is no other comparison.

men!