Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1961 - 1966 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum40/)
-   -   1965 Ford ranger??????????????? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/409601-1965-ford-ranger.html)

lowridercaddy 09-08-2005 05:10 PM

1965 Ford ranger???????????????

I just bought a 1965 ford ranger, does anybody know if it is a true ranger...i was under the impression that the ranger model was started in 1967. The truck is complete, but was told its missing the console? I have the full vin and wondered if there was a book that decodes this vin or explains the model of this truck. THANKS FOR ANY HELP....

barry 09-08-2005 07:08 PM

Yes, they started in 65. Post your serial number and someone can decipher it. Look in the archives for several discussions on the Ranger model.

Barry

crash66 09-08-2005 08:52 PM

Oh, you *******! Does it have bucket seats, some kind of cover over the gas tank, and all that cool stuff?!?! Can I ask how much you paid? Got any pics? I really want one, if you can't tell!

ZombieSlayer 09-08-2005 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by crash66
Oh, you *******! Does it have bucket seats, some kind of cover over the gas tank, and all that cool stuff?!?! Can I ask how much you paid? Got any pics? I really want one, if you can't tell!

Talk to camperspecial65....

GregTruck 09-09-2005 12:08 AM

I thought the Ranger option was introduced for the 66 model year. I could be wrong but I swear I'm pretty certain I read that on another post on this forum. Even though the 65 and 66 are nearly physically identical the Ranger option was only done one of the two years and continued on of course.

Somebody check me on this one....

Pro-Street/StateTK 09-09-2005 05:20 AM

I have an add that was in an old truck mag and it is a copy of an old
advertising add from Ford, it shows a 65 with the bucket seats!

:-X06 :-X06 :-X0A6

Very cool find !

P.S Look for a falcon console !

And Welcome to (FTE) !

Ringo Fonebone 09-09-2005 08:35 AM

All the items for a ranger conversion were available as options from Ford as early as 1963
http://www.f-100xl.com/

But they didn't call it a "Ranger" package til '65

Crash66 where are you? there was a Ranger on ebay, (may be still there) in California. It was that trucks fourth or fifth time thru on ebay that I have seen.

lowridercaddy 09-09-2005 10:02 PM

If its the red one thats the one i bought....

lowridercaddy 09-09-2005 10:04 PM

Ya thats the one gimme your email and i will send you pics....if you like, i paid $1500.

lowridercaddy 09-09-2005 10:06 PM

the serial i# s f10dr639935

camperspecial65 09-11-2005 03:00 AM

The Ranger was a 65 option....I have one...for sale...still I might add....go look in classifieds or drop an email...Im VERY HIGHLY motivated to sell....but I sent a letter to Ford requesting any kind of documentation etc., they may have to prove it was a factory Ranger, etc. They cannot come up with anything on it...VIN tells nothing...only way is to get darn lucky and find a build sheet...The console itself, was an option within the Ranger package(consists of buckets from Mustang, carpeting, gas tank cover. Thats it....
All the other things many have said are options are mostly dealer add ons(door pockets for one..) If anyone knows where those bright idea guys stashed the build sheets...let me know....
Personally, I prefer the ride of my bench seat to the Mustang seats....just my 2 cents....

Drop me a line if anyone is interested in my 65 for sale....

cs65

jowilker 09-11-2005 07:31 AM

I have 4 photos of one that I took a few years ago, at a truck show. The owner has the bill of sale with it. As you can see it has bright windshield & grill trim but no body side molding.

http://forums.ncfto.org/photo_album_...r&mid=3&cid=70

If the link doesn't work try starting at ncfto.org home and work the links on the side. It is in the jowilker album.

John :-X06

crash66 09-11-2005 02:55 PM

I just noticed I've only seen 65 Rangers, no 66's. I've got a buddy in Az with a 65 Ranger, and that started my desire for one. I currently have a 66 F100 2wd and a 66 F100 4wd both in project status, and I kinda have a thing for 66's, so a 66 Ranger only seems natural for me. Has anyone ever had one? It would be easy to swap grills to make one, but are there any? I'm sure there are, but I dunno.

BTW, Camperspecial65, You have an Email. I forgot to mention I'm in Mn.

ghostflamed66 09-11-2005 07:48 PM

I have a 66 ranger. I bought it 2 yrs ago for 200.00. WHAT A STEAL. It has the mustang buckets and a red carpet cover on the fuel tank. Also has door pockets and the f100 fender enblems with RANGER emblems insted of the twinIbeam insert.
Previous owner must of taken console out, due to there is holes where one used to be mounted.
It has a 352 in it. Someone installed a 4 speed, but i changed it to a auto.
It had a 3 speed overdrive from factory, due to it still had the 3 speed column in it with all the overdrive parts still mounted in cab.ie Overdrive control cable switch under pedal and relay on firewall.
I do need to replace cab mounts,floorpans and rad support. Also inner fender wells. But i dont think i went wrong for the money.
Wes