Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   To All NC Chapter Members...and Those Interested in Membership (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/403210-to-all-nc-chapter-members-and-those-interested-in-membership.html)

artj66 08-17-2005 07:42 AM

To All NC Chapter Members...and Those Interested in Membership

Over the past few months, a small group of us have been trying to build this chapter into something more than just a Forum on the FTE site. To this point, we've held one actual meeting (with 4 members present), one online meeting (with 5 members present), and had a few failed attempts at a second online meeting (one being my fault due to comptuer issues). I've had a few people who have asked why we don't do another actual meeting, as the online meetings don't generate as much interest.
So to all those interested, please let me know what you would prefer. Would you rather:

A. Plan for another actual meeting some Saturday in mid-September.
B. Organize another online meeting...to get some issues resolved prior to the next actual meeting.
C. Just leave everything as-is and not bother with meetings at all.

Please voice your opinion as you feel necessary. The more input you provide, the more we can all work from to develop this chapter.
Thanks for your time.

-AJ

slash31938 08-17-2005 01:13 PM

i think we oughta have a meeting in person. it would be real cool to meet everybody, and we could show off our rides and share tips and tricks about how to work on these wonderful machines. if you need anyhelp setting up a meeting, artj, id be glad to help you out some.

plus we could look and act like we all have a lick of sense, seeing a group of hardcore FTEs and a line of ford trucks would be cool

dreadinger 08-18-2005 11:47 AM

I live in Rock Hill, SC and would be interested if it wasn't to far away

slash31938 08-18-2005 11:54 AM

rock hill isnt far away. come on man, get in the spirit of NCFTE!

jwilson0265 08-18-2005 06:55 PM

:-wink Actual meeting,That sound good. My vote is [ A ] It wood be nice to meet everyone that's a member or going to be.But [oh yes]But i will be out of town one sat in sept, we are gone on the 21- sept not be back till late the 25- sept.other than that sat' will work for me,let's do it.If it works better for everyone on that [sat-24] do it.i will get update's later.I hope we all can be there.:)

Silver350Crew 08-19-2005 11:05 PM

i could probably handle a meeting, just depends on when and where. i work every other saturdays and if there isnt a show anywhere, i could probably make it. shows would more than likely be the only major thing to keep me from showing up, got to take my hydraulics truck to them and make some money :-D

crashnburn 08-27-2005 08:26 AM

Since I work out of state so much, a face to face meeting would be tough for me to attend. I'd like to meet everyone, but I'm only home 2 weeks out of 8. On line works for me, except I missed the last attempt due to a broken pc.

StarFox 08-28-2005 08:50 AM

I must confess that I have not been following the NC Chapter, even though I live in the Raleigh area. I spend most of my time on the '48 - '60 forum as I have a '60 that I have just begun to work on. But I have an idea, see what you think.

I'm guessing that as a group with different schedules, you might gather a dozen rides at one meeting. How about if the meetings were scheduled in conjunction with other classic car gatherings? There would be a bigger crowd and the additional classics might bring out some of the FTE'ers that are a little more distant who normally would not have bothered to make the trip. My truck is not currently on the road, so I likely would not make a long drive myself unless I could bring my truck.

As an example, here in Garner, just outside Raleigh, every third Saturday evening at Grill 57 on Rt. 401 there is a gathering of upwards of 40 or so classic rods, cars and trucks. I am sure that there are plenty other such meets available. So do you think that is a viable idea or does it dilute the 'Fordiness' of it all?

artj66 08-28-2005 09:20 PM

Jwilson0265 brought up a similar idea to me for a show that is held every Saturday in Sanford. I think it'd be great to get everyone together at something like that. My only question is this: Do you guys think we should hold a meeting to get our group a bit more organized before we attend shows as a club?
Over the past few months, we've discussed membership packages which would include window decals for the vehicles and shirts and hats for the members.
At the same time, maybe we just gather at a few of the shows until the season is over and hold a meeting afterwards. Or, does everyone think we can successfully hold a meeting at one of these shows?
Sorry for babbling....it's been a long weekend.

-AJ

jwilson0265 09-06-2005 11:58 AM

Did we have 6 people to vote on the meetings.If it's 66% [for] let's set up a meeting and try to get everybody to show up.:-X22

slash31938 09-06-2005 01:56 PM

Yea, jwilson has a good point. we should have a meeting in a central location in NC, somewhere near all the members.

StarFox 09-07-2005 11:45 AM

From what I can tell by the profiles, we are in Rock Hill SC, Charlotte, Fuquay-Varina, Raleigh and Sanford. My Raleigh address is misleading as I am in Johnston County, equidistant between Fuquay-Varina and Clayton, or Garner and Benson.

Meeting in Sanford would apease three of us, but perhaps not Charlotte or Rock Hill, SC. Would the Pinehurst area be any better?

Toss out your ideas....

...Fox

slash31938 09-07-2005 03:23 PM

Pinehurst is a long way away from charlotte... but i guess charlotte is a long way away from where the rest of yall are. What about somewhere in the Greensboro area? thats not too far from anywhere.

artj66 09-08-2005 06:14 AM

Just a thought...how many of us are going to the Auto Fair in Charlotte next weekend? I'm back and forth about going, but if everyone is interested in meeting there, then i'll definately make the trip.

-AJ

crashnburn 09-08-2005 07:06 AM

Wish I could, but I'll be back in Calif. on the 11th for another 6 weeks. I would love to be part of this, but I know that with my schedule it will be virtually impossible. If you ever schedule another on-line meeting, then LMK. That I can at least attend.