Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   International Region (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum141/)
-   -   Itīs the International chapter a two man island? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/398394-it-s-the-international-chapter-a-two-man-island.html)

Encho 08-01-2005 10:26 PM

Itīs the International chapter a two man island?

It seems lately only BigF and me are posting in here... kinda feels lonely, come on people donīt leave us alone

bootie 08-02-2005 01:12 AM

hey!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm, around i only usually say stuff if i think it's worth it anyways all i hope is that you remeber that we aren't a district of New south wales
cheers

BigF350 08-02-2005 02:44 AM

There are other people that "pop in" too from various countries.
As more and more people learn about the site, we will get more and more people, don't worry at all Encho!!!

all i hope is that you remeber that we aren't a district of New south wales
I thought you were part of Tasmania!!!:-D

Only joking. I have a great affection for New Zealand (my Mom was born in NZed, and moved to Aus when she was 2), a beautiful country, fantastic people, and the BEST Ice Cream I have ever eaten.

2smokintailpipes 08-04-2005 03:35 PM

i'm here aswell, always looking in, only post when i feel the need!!!

Encho 08-04-2005 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by BigF350
Only joking. I have a great affection for New Zealand (my Mom was born in NZed, and moved to Aus when she was 2), a beautiful country, fantastic people, and the BEST Ice Cream I have ever eaten.

:-D This is really off topic, but here in Venezuela we have one Ice Cream shop (on Merida city) that sells more than 2000 different flavors, including beans and shredded meat... :-roll

BigF350 08-05-2005 01:07 AM

I am all for going off-topic :)
200 flavours. WOW.
I had heard that you could get shredded meat ie-cream, but have never seen any.

Have you tried it? What does it taste like? I am curious.

Encho 08-05-2005 11:51 AM

No, never tried anything different from choco, vanilla or straw... but people say theyīre actually good, and thatīs a 2000 not a 200, actually, it holds the Guinness world record.

2smokintailpipes 08-05-2005 03:40 PM

shredded meat and strawberry sounds good lunch and dessert all in 1!!!

BigF350 08-05-2005 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Encho
and thatīs a 2000 not a 200, actually, it holds the Guinness world record.

Whoops, mistyped. I wonder if you can get a Guinness flacoured one too???

Encho 08-07-2005 03:03 AM

That would be sour as hell, iīve only tried that beer once in my life, but you find it pretty seldom as itīs an import, so probably not, but they do take sugestions, so when you have the chance to come (im pretty sure you want to by now) you can tell them ;)

BigF350 08-07-2005 03:47 AM

I don't know if I would want to try it either.

When I make it over (and it won't be for a while :( ) I shall have to give them some ideas, but most likely they have all the flavours that I would want anyway.

TigerDan 08-10-2005 06:26 PM

Here in the Republic of California we have a town called Gilroy, famous for its Garlic. They hold a Garlic Festival every year. Tried some Garlic Ice Cream there once...ONCE!

Encho 08-10-2005 08:53 PM

Yeah, i saw it on Discovery, fried garlic, garlic pie, etc... good for the hearth health, nasty for the breath :P

BigF350 08-10-2005 08:57 PM

Garlic Ice Cream... hmm...
Interesting...

TigerDan 08-10-2005 09:20 PM

Want me to send you a sample, Fred? Of course, it would be Sweet Garlic soup by the time it got there...!

There's another town closer to me called Guerneville, they have a Banana Slug festival every year, with a competition for the best Banana Slug recipe. Don't know if they do Banana Slug ice cream though...(ICK!)

(Maybe this should have gone in the thread about foods from your country, although Banana Slugs aren't an item that can normally be found on the menu...well, like anywhere!)