Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Next Meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/392692-next-meeting.html)

Flounder1967 07-15-2005 10:09 AM

Next Meeting

I can't make the July 05 meeting. Is it possible to move the next meeting a little more central say CR or Iowa City. I'm sure we can find a place to have it. Something for the family also.

fellro86 07-15-2005 10:14 AM

Name a place and we'll see what everyone has to say about it. I can come up with some places too, it all depends what everyone wants to do. We had the last one out to Little Amana, but there isn't a lot there to do other than spend money... Even though they are a rip. Duffy's is kinda nice to go through, old restored cars. Might want to check out Hawkeye Downs schedule, see if maybe they are having anything of interest.

Flounder1967 07-15-2005 03:45 PM

I pick based a little on locations of some of the members. My orginal thought was Coralville Mall Area. Families can go shopping things to do in the area, but knowing a date ahead of time would be great. Are the meetings held monthly every other month quaterly or a verison of all.

Maybe everyother meeting bring the family or go to a Hawkeye or Cyclone game or the Iowa vs ISU fotball game.

Is it required that a place is needed to work on trucks.

when is the next meeting after July '05

fellro86 07-15-2005 04:56 PM

We can meet anywhere, it is based on what everyone wants to do, have nuice surroundings, ahve something to do, have truck related whatever, anything goes. I myself have to watch the pricetag, and the hawkeye games will blow that quite well for me. We haven't had any scheduled meetings, just been kinda going seat of the pants on that. aIf there is enough interest, we could have monthly meetings, but at this time my travel funds are limited, so I wouldn't always be there. We can have more local meetings, as the interest is there, on a more regular basis. If a few guys in an area want to get together for whatever, that is the way it all starts. It has to start local to get the strength of the state going. We have had several meetings, in several locations. The state is big enough that it is tough to make it convienient for everyone. If you were going truly central, we would need to be closer to Des Moines, as we have members on both the east and west border. Right now, the NW part of the state is where the fewest members are.
As for a date in August, the first weekend is out if you want me to live through it... wedding anniversary. 27th is also out for me. So that leaves the 13th or the 20th. As there is interest we hold meetings. You have shown interest, lets see who else wants in... we can do these meetings any time, no set schedule, no limits.

johaner78 08-24-2005 11:03 AM

Keep me posted on any upcoming meetings, etc. Where are they usually posted?

fellro86 08-24-2005 11:58 AM

There is no set schedule, we just have them as the interest is there. We can have as many or as few as wanted. Have an idea for having one, or whatever, say it and we'll see how it goes. There are no set rules on having meetings, they are only intended to help members meet and have fun together.

johaner78 08-24-2005 12:11 PM

Thanks fellro86! yea, that is what i want to do and maybe learn from other guys' experiences in rebuilding old fords.

fellro86 08-24-2005 12:15 PM

There are a good number of members in your general area, a local meeting would be a good way to get going. Most of the guys will even be willing to come over to help you, all you have to do is ask...

chrono4 08-25-2005 06:51 PM

well, id be up for a meeting, as i had to skip out on the keokuk meeting due to work. i got the 88 all put back together, so i could take it, as long as its not gonna drain my bank account on gas.

monsterbaby 08-26-2005 01:39 AM

Well I am racing the next 2 weekends but if someone wants to do a gtg the second weekend in sept I would be up for it. well unless someone tells me about a race that weekend although not looking for to many more races or I will have to buy more race gas to finish the season out.

Saurian 08-26-2005 09:57 AM

Could all meet in Reasnor. =) Good thing is that Missy is back at Pella, so the Reasnor one I *should* be able to make it too. The MO one I think she's making me stay here *choke chain tug*

69 and 85 08-26-2005 10:22 AM

*choke chain tug*

What's the deal? i thought you weren't married.... yet. :-X03

Saurian 08-26-2005 10:42 AM

Her roommate refers to her as the "wife" already, so...