Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General NON-Automotive Conversation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/)
-   -   old "collectible software" (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/382263-old-collectible-software.html)

CheapRanger 06-09-2005 07:14 PM

old "collectible software"

I've always heard about people collecting old software, but never seen any sites. Anyone know of any? Thanks

Windows 1.01 NIB

sierraben 06-09-2005 07:26 PM

Do a google.

You'd be surprise on what you find.

CheapRanger 06-10-2005 08:11 AM

I have and most google results deal with software for your collections. As confused with software that people collect.

websthes 06-10-2005 08:38 AM

a fun thing to do is get MAME... multiple arcade machine emulator. you can play all your favourite classic arcade games on your computer.

CheapRanger 06-10-2005 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by websthes
a fun thing to do is get MAME... multiple arcade machine emulator. you can play all your favourite classic arcade games on your computer.

? I mean WTF
Off topic?
Am looking for groups that buy/sell for the formentioned software, as I am trying to clean out the house. Mame projects and build your own arcades have nothing to do with it.

Mil1ion 06-10-2005 09:26 AM

There is a place in Calgary called Round again software

Maybe look for catchy names like this for a place that takes it.

Maybe contact small puter businesses in your area for their input.

Important Point:

Don't make the reader do all the work.

Questions are best asked with precise information.

jdadamsjr 06-10-2005 09:28 AM

My goodness.... CheapRanger !
that's why this site rarely gets my visits any more...

How the HEL...ck did HE know what YOU meant...
communication is the responsibility of the speaker/typist....

I thought his response responded to you !!!

Jeeze......

Roushians 06-10-2005 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by CheapRanger
? I mean WTF
Off topic?
Am looking for groups that buy/sell for the formentioned software, as I am trying to clean out the house. Mame projects and build your own arcades have nothing to do with it.

LOL
Software that old becomes abandonware, and you can usually get it for free :P I have windows 1.0 :P

CheapRanger 06-10-2005 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by jdadamsjr
My goodness.... CheapRanger !
that's why this site rarely gets my visits any more...

How the HEL...ck did HE know what YOU meant...
communication is the responsibility of the speaker/typist....

I thought his response responded to you !!!

Jeeze......

My appologies, I should have stated, collecting as in buying and selling old software, NOT SWAPPING copyrighted roms or downloading abandonware, and using it to play old games.
I figured seeing the Windows version 1.01 would give a clue as I am looking to sell it, (no longer enjoy having an unopened new in box package taking up space). Very late and severe spring clean out, as I have way too much stuff and projects and I feel like I am drowning in them.

Mil1ion 06-10-2005 01:16 PM

Contact the Smithsonian :)

sierraben 06-10-2005 02:02 PM

Just give it away or toss it in the trash.

Out of site; out of mind.

Cravin 06-10-2005 10:20 PM

Save it for twenty years maybe another time traveller like http://www.johntitor.com/ will come back through time to buy it from you and save the world again.:-X10

VikingBabe 06-11-2005 03:19 PM

"Home of the Underdogs" is home to a few thousand old abandonware PC games that you can download and play. It also hosts an "abandonware MacGames" site too. If the games are still supported, it will direct you to where you can get them in it's "review" section.

Generally any game older than 5 years old and not supported, Abandonware is considered a very "Grey" area by some but useful keeping these older games alive. Especially if you were unable to play them when they came out and cant buy them now. For others, it's the nostalgia and good story/gameplay. All the "eyecandy" in the world will not make a game replayable if everything is mediocre or outright bad. Some of those older games will still give the newer ones a good run.

I found their forums very helpful too.