Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum148/)
-   -   Whats your favorite LA fishing spot? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/381928-whats-your-favorite-la-fishing-spot.html)

bassaway 06-08-2005 05:07 PM

Whats your favorite LA fishing spot?

Mine is anywhere that the bass are biting! Ive always loved fishing Toledo Bend but have recently began fishing water closer to home (I live in Baton Rouge). Every now and then I head down the adams landing in the atchafalaya basin or Lacassine. Ive been to henderson swamp a couple times this year. Went last weekend to henderson and caught about 5 bass with one being a nice fat 17.5 incher. Where does everyone else like to go? :-X06

BergerFromage 06-09-2005 11:53 AM

i love bass fishing and when i go, i go to the spillway and put in at little pigeon, but i have a camp at grand isle and go fishing out at the oil rigs.

were in baton rouge do you live? i live in baton rouge, maybe we can get together and go fishig sometime.

toddyw 06-09-2005 09:26 PM

My favorite place is at the mouth of the Mississippi River, Southwest Pass at the lighthouse, which I was stationed on, in the USCG, for two years back in the early 70's.

V10KLZZ71S 06-12-2005 01:38 AM

Out of Lake Hermitage which includes Barataria bay, south to Grand Isle.Freshwater I go to the Salvador Management area.Ostrica locks to the east side of the river produces some nice specks.

92CajunExpress 06-18-2005 05:13 PM

Belle River

MBBFord 06-23-2005 10:21 AM

I'm a salt water type of guy, and I like to go to grand isale and big lake. Grand Isale is great, because you can go to the beach, and just fish in the surf. I go to big lake to catch a couple specs and red fish, all the specs I usually catch are over 5 lbs and reds around 15 + real fun to catch.

lariat97 07-15-2005 06:43 AM

I grew up in the Shreveport area. I fished Cross lake. Cyprus lake & Lake Bistanau. Great fishing.

jgc2521 10-13-2005 07:13 PM

Lacassine refuge and toledo... I used to live in Welsh... (Lacassine refuge is right under it) Now i live in New Roads on False River. Any of yall been here before? theres always fishing tournaments going on

vtmdsm25 10-13-2005 08:02 PM

Amite River, just outside Denham Springs off Hwy 190, at the bend. Set many a catfish in that spot when I was a kid - some of the best times ever to be had. But that was 30 years ago. Before me, my mom and my uncles fished that river at the same spot.

Tim98TA 10-13-2005 08:52 PM

Tony's Seafood on Plank Road. Easist way to catch fresh fish.

71F100/390 04-11-2006 03:47 AM

When i was a boy, i used to go back of white castle and sometimes they would jump into the boat. Bass, Socks, Gar(about 3 footers....you know, the ones you might land). But thats been years, so i dont know how good they are bitin now.

Monju123 05-18-2006 07:10 AM

The lonliest place in the world to fish?

Bayou Self

bigdaddyII 07-10-2006 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by MBBFord
I'm a salt water type of guy, and I like to go to grand isale and big lake. Grand Isale is great, because you can go to the beach, and just fish in the surf. I go to big lake to catch a couple specs and red fish, all the specs I usually catch are over 5 lbs and reds around 15 + real fun to catch.

I am about 45 minutes away from Grand Isle and occasionaly fish in the surf. I work in Fourchon and the surf is just as good to fish in there as well. Dont know what the deal is but for the past few months the beach in Fourchon has been closed off. If fishing by boat I usually go to Catfish Lake.

vettdvr 07-17-2006 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
Tony's Seafood on Plank Road. Easist way to catch fresh fish.

One of my spots also,, no liscense needed,, no bait,, no heat.

But I do take out my 23' cuddy on Lake Bourgne east of NO. (ok so I didn't spell it right, but I can still find it on the GPS.

ReelWild 07-22-2006 01:21 AM

I fish primairly saltwater and fish a lot out of Lafitte, and Delacroix. The reds have been schooling in Lafitte and it's been a blast. I hear that the big speckled trout are being caught in Grand Isle from the beaches. One report is Elmers Island (whats left of it) has been invaded with huge trout. You'll have to walk to get to it or take your boat but I have from a good source that it's worth it.