Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Mid America Ford Meet (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/379512-mid-america-ford-meet.html)

dakota_viking 05-31-2005 08:43 AM

Mid America Ford Meet

Here's a link to the flyer for the Mid America Ford Meet coming up in Tulsa on June 9th thru the 12th:

http://www.midamericafordmeet.com/05...yer%202-05.pdf

Hope to see you out there. The car show on Sunday should be a great time!

Later,

Tim

Traxxis 05-31-2005 10:33 AM

I'll be there Saturday for sure, and perhaps for the cruise on wed (or was it thursday).

STan

ranger240 05-31-2005 11:40 AM

yeah, some of the guys from the Nissan club are heading up there. and hte guys from able racing will be taking their turbo 'stang up and racing.

Silver Streak 05-31-2005 12:27 PM

I'm planning to enter the show on Sunday. The rest is too rich for my blood.

cigarxtc 06-01-2005 09:41 PM

I'll be there for the races. Don't know about the car show yet. Hey, Silverstreak, are you gonna race yer Lightning?

Silver Streak 06-02-2005 12:09 PM

Not at the Shelby show. I am planning to go to Hallett this Saturday with the Prelude club if it doesn't rain. There is also an issue with the brake hoses I just installed that I need to check out before then.

1978fordtruckgirl 06-02-2005 01:13 PM

I'm still planning on racing red. Had to order my wheel and 4 tires today. Got a few last minute preps to do. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn Select on Skelly drive Fri., Sat., and Sun night. Cruise is Thursday night, Stan. I have to work.

Traxxis 06-05-2005 05:18 PM

Alice, I'll call you...

As for everybody else, who plans to attend on Saturday? (I know you've posted that already that you plan to attend... but it always seems that everybody drops out...)

I say we do breadfast and a cruise out... does this sound good to everybody? Say a Denny's or something?

Everybody: I'm sorry that we haven't done much... it's springtime and we all have our things that we have going... but let's try to turn this around and make something happen. I would really like to see everybody there. Those of you who "lurk" and don't post... if you are reading this and plan to attend, please... post and say you'll be there, you don't even have to say anything else! It's a joint effort! ;)

I am going to post this in the Kansas Chapter... and maybe other surrounding Chapters to see if we can get a decent group.

STan

Traxxis 06-05-2005 05:19 PM

BTW: If anybody wants to do Hallet, I might drive out there one day or so (and anybody from my area is welcome to ride along).

STan

ranger240 06-06-2005 01:04 AM

haha, I could just see our old beaters and lumbering bohemouths bumbling around the track at hallet!!!!! I would definitely need some video of that!!!!

as for a leave out time, I like the breakfast and go thing.... I'm in, as long as I get the days off. I may drive up thursday night and hopefully someone will be kind enough to let me sleep in their driveway (or couch) for the night. This way I won't need to rush up there at 4:00 in the morning.

Traxxis 06-06-2005 11:26 AM

Hey Ken, glad you are planning on making it up here. So are you wanting to do friday at Hallet??

Does anybody know of a good place to eat around Hallet?

STan

ranger240 06-06-2005 11:51 AM

I personally don't even know where hallet is, but some of the nissan guys go quite frequently. I guess I could go to hallet, just need to budget it into my forcasted spending......right now I'm looking at needing atleast $500 for room, food, and fun, not to mention GAS!!!! omg, it would be so much cheaper if ford trucks were import compacts!!! hahahaha

1973F250CREW 06-06-2005 04:06 PM

Where is the show on Sunday? Is it at Southern Hills or is it at Hallet?

ranger240 06-06-2005 05:13 PM

[ken scratches head] you know there are too many meets going on here!!! I am going to the national meet, I can't make it to the mid america meet, work sucks!!

I got very confused there for a minute, I thought we were talking about the national meet there. so make my posts all void for this subject.......except for the one about our trucks on the road course!! hahaha that'd be great!!!

sorry guys.
-Ken

Traxxis 06-06-2005 07:03 PM

teasing us are you??