Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Louisiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum148/)
-   -   CoonAss (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/378453-coonass.html)

stl1 05-26-2005 09:24 PM

CoonAss

I plan on making my 2 vist in June. Will send some time down on Bourbon Street and then down to Grand Isle. Any other places that a redneck can vist?

Long Live The South

MBBFord 06-04-2005 04:39 PM

Yea any bar or anyone's camp you can think of, we are always at our or someone elses camp down here, especially during HUNTING SEASON.

3broncocrazy 02-07-2008 06:26 PM

I have a bluetick coon dog, does that count

Cut Em 4x4 04-01-2008 08:06 PM

Visit Duhons Mud Hole(Abbeville) Get tore up and watch people sink trucks in the mud

MBBFord 04-01-2008 09:07 PM

......cut em 4x4.
You ever put your truck in over there.
I've gone a couple times and was suposed to bring my bronco, but event was canceled.

I plan on going to one of the events this year(when ever they open it back up).

rbloodhound 04-01-2008 09:17 PM

I want to go. Maybe we can make a meet out of it

Cut Em 4x4 04-02-2008 07:48 PM

...MBBFord, no i haven't put my truck in duhons b/c its still stock. I'm puttin a 2" leveling kit w/ 34 toyo open country mts cuz i commute an hour to school but i'm goin to get some 34 swampers for muddin. I tried out the 4x4 in my dad's cane fields, but only been stuck one cuz of the damn stock bald ass tires.

cookie88 04-02-2008 07:55 PM

Hello southern neighbors.

What does coonass mean? I used to work with a Louisiana guy and he told me all the time there are only two types of people down there. Coonass and Cajun. Didn't ever bother explaining what it meant, but it sure seems offensive as hell.

MBBFord 04-02-2008 08:56 PM

Nothing offensive about it.

I consider myself more of a Cajun, but have some coonass and redneck characteristics.

To tell the true.... I couldn't come up with a 'Definition' for any of them.

MBBFord 04-02-2008 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cut Em 4x4 (Post 5986492)
...MBBFord, no i haven't put my truck in duhons b/c its still stock. I'm puttin a 2" leveling kit w/ 34 toyo open country mts cuz i commute an hour to school but i'm goin to get some 34 swampers for muddin. I tried out the 4x4 in my dad's cane fields, but only been stuck one cuz of the damn stock bald ass tires.

Is this on a F150?

IF so, then the 2" Auto Spring leveling kit OR Bilstien shocks w/ a 2" lift in them would be the way to go. ( the stock shocks suck and need to be replaced no latter than 50k miles, and the Bilstiens w/2" lift would be like killing two birds with one stone.
Either way you go, you will need an alignment after.

The 04 in my sig has hankook M/Ts to run on the roads, and 34" swampers on a extra set of wheels to play in the mud.

The Toyo M/Ts are some real nice tires, but the Copper Discover STTs are identical tires in every form, just cheaper.... might want to give them a look.

Also, I recommend the 34" SS LTBs over the TSLs (they last about as long, they're cheaper, and have bigger outside lugs to pull better in the mud).

Cut Em 4x4 04-03-2008 10:15 PM

This is an f-150. What kind of options do i have in the rear if i put a 2.5" leveling kit, my friend said something about a 1'' or .5'' block in the back? Thanks for the insight on tires, i do my research by what my buddies run on their trucks.

MBBFord 04-03-2008 10:27 PM

The 2.5" leveling kit makes the truck perfectly level.

You already have a 2" block from the factory, so you don't want to stack and put a 1" block.

Some people put a 1.5" add a leaf. It will make the rear end slightly higher than the front, but not bad, and best of all, when you put a load on the rear, it won't look like it's squating every time.

I would put the 1.5" add a leaf, but it would be possible to take out the factory block and put in a 3" block.

I just used a 2" leveling kit and didn't worry about the rear.

IF I would of known about it at the time, I would of got the bilstien shocks w/ the 2" lift in them, and went that route instead of putting a 2" leveling kit, then going back later and changing the shocks. Could of did the same job once instead of twice and got the same affect.

Cut Em 4x4 04-06-2008 10:31 AM

I dont really want to mess with the block. Alright i have my plan, if i put blisten shocks(1") and leveling kit(2") in the front and leave the 2" block and put 1" rear blisten shocks, then the truck will be level and higher. Then it will easily clear 34s.

MBBFord 04-06-2008 05:27 PM

They make a 3" leveling kit....(don't see why, cause that'd put the front end .5" higher than the rear...
But I easily clear a true 34" tire, not 33.5" with only a 2" leveling kit.

They don't make the bilstien lift shocks for the rear, just the front with the coil over shock set up.

IF you want level, then 2.5" does it, even though 2" is close enough.

My suggestion would be 2" bilstien shocks up front and level everything else alone, but it's your truck, so do with it as you please, I'm just giving my informed opinon.