Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Montana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum130/)
-   -   Time for a new job! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/377112-time-for-a-new-job.html)

Matts72 05-21-2005 11:24 PM

Time for a new job!

Wow... I am ready to get out of the parts business. I like dealing with the customers and stuff...but my coworkers make me dread going to work...

They're the type that stand around leaning on the counter while I do the work and then they whine that I don't do anything... not to mention that I have been there for over a year with a management position open for 6 months now... nobody has even bothered to mention that... or a pay raise... Not that I should whine about money... but a bigger paycheck would increase the happy factor.

I've applied at a local research facility... I don't want to give names out yet... but its a big plus... when I finish my degree, its should be a solid career type place...plus I can get my feet wet in the area... and maybe spread my name around... :-X25

big hoss 29 05-22-2005 01:21 AM

Hey man, I'd really stick it to 'em if I were you when you leave and sneak a 460 out the back door! I'd even be there to pick it for you and hold it until February 30, 2071. :rolleyes:

Fordlover55 05-22-2005 09:48 AM

It seems like everywhere you work, there's at least one or two slugs among the hired help. And for some reason they get away with it! Good luck with your new prospective job.

fordmtnman 05-23-2005 12:20 AM

Good luck. I hope you get the job you want.

MontanaFord 05-23-2005 03:56 AM

just this year alone, since we came back basically full swing in march (i build fences for a living), we've lost 3 crew leaders...2 quit, one got fired....that left me as the next person in line for a leadership position...tell ya what...gittin throwed into that type of a position was a big change from what i've been doing for the last two years, but ya know...it ain't too bad overall....and with a bit of a pay raise, it's almost worth-while....i'll stay on and see how long till they bump me up again in pay....i make decent money for only bein there 2 yrs...i'm not gonna complain too much....it's a good job, the work ain't too bad, and the people are pretty much all fairly decent to work with...

MontanaFord

Matts72 05-23-2005 10:22 PM

I'm going to college this fall and I want to work on an Environmental Studies degree. I just want a change of pace.

The biggest thing that I am facing now is, that we are being bought out by O'Reillys, and come May 28, I will be basically starting over in a new business, with nothing. I don't want that again. I want something more stable than the business that I am in. :(

Matts72 05-29-2005 01:20 AM

Energy Lab hasn't contacted me yet....

I've applied at Coke, as a "merchandiser" which is fancy speak for a guy that makes sure things look nice and schtuff. It pays considerably more than what I am making now. :D Hopefully I hear back from them.

TWolf 06-01-2005 02:40 PM

Hey there Matt, you can always move over to the good side of the state. Get away from the flat land. Kalispell and Missoula are both growing fast and have some good jobs. The security business is growing like crazy. More people moving in want security for their homes. Easy work and great pay with the right company. My old company has an office in Billings and Missoula.

Tom

Matts72 06-01-2005 11:10 PM

I can't move... I'm going to school here in the fall.

mustange70 06-05-2005 10:29 PM

If you ever happen to run into people from the sunburst area at msu billings say high to them for me as most likely will know who i am :).

Yeah i myself am going into engineering, be it welding enginneering tech + mechanical engineering tech, or a full blown mech. engeering deg is still yet to be decided, either way i know i will end up with a job i will enjoy doing. But best of luck to you in school and all.

Matts72 06-06-2005 03:28 PM

I just got a phone call from coke! They want me to come in for an interview on Thursday!

mustange70 06-06-2005 10:11 PM

Wickedddddddddd, best of luck to you on the interview :).

IF you do get the job be sure to tell them that you are busy the weekend of the 25, as i am pretty confident i will be down there for the bog at BMP.