Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum246/)
-   -   Which bedliner should I get for my '05 F150? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/364995-which-bedliner-should-i-get-for-my-05-f150.html)

BadderBrad 04-10-2005 02:41 PM

Which bedliner should I get for my '05 F150?

So I just brought the new truck home. Would like to get a bedliner. Looking for suggestions and prices. Please advise!

Thanks.

EnergizerBunny69 04-10-2005 04:41 PM

Bed-Liner Info.

:) After I purchased my '04 F-150, I went and had a Line-X liner sprayed into the bed of my truck. It is a little bit on the expensive side. That is if you compare them to a plastic throw in liner. I would not have it any other way. I love the Line-X spray in liner. It is very durable and it has a lifetime warranty. Not to mention the fact that it increases the value of your ride.:-X22 When I had my liner sprayed in (December 2004) it cost me $428.00 and that was with the tax. Keep in mind that I am in South Georgia. Here is the link info. for you..........
http://www.line-x.com/ .......L.O.L.8D

BadderBrad 04-10-2005 06:30 PM

Thank you Mr Bunny. Any other opinions out there on the throw-in type?

czcwest 04-10-2005 06:37 PM

I agree go with Line-X you won't be sorry. Much better in my opinion than say Rhino. Will last you for ever.

Stone F-150 04-10-2005 07:23 PM

I have a 05 Scab 6.5 ft bed. I looked at both. The spray in liner is nice but to do it right they have to sand all the paint off to bare metal. Could'nt bear to have that done on my new truck. Went with the Ford bedliner. Duraliner makes them for ford. Only diff is it has the ford logo on it. It goes under the rail and caps and is a clean install. Cost 200.00 installed at my dealership here in Ca.

WEB 04-10-2005 07:36 PM

Line-X by a mile :-X21

You won't be sorry :-wink

RyanSta80 04-10-2005 07:56 PM

Line-X. I have had it done on my current truck and previous and never had a problem.

boomer08 04-10-2005 08:43 PM

Have read lots of good reviews on the Bedrug

Mr.BrrIce 04-10-2005 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by czcwest
I agree go with Line-X you won't be sorry. Much better in my opinion than say Rhino. Will last you for ever.

How is the Rhino compared to Line-X ?? What makes Line-X better?

ATCS2004 04-10-2005 08:54 PM

I got the Bedrug. I installed it in about an hour and if fits like a glove. I paid $290 from truckaccessorizer and it arrived 3 days later. (no shipping charge). You can check it out in my gallery. Good luck

64f10 04-10-2005 09:51 PM

My .02 …
A mostly covered bed = BedRug all the way!
No cover ... well, there's plus and minus to either spray or drop in and I sort of like the rubber mat deal too.
Throwing/dropping rocks, brick, heavy hard type material in the back = drop-in will save your bed and still look good.
Spray is nice but slide, don’t go dropping heavy things into the bed as it WILL dent! Also the tailgate may have a problem latching afterward depending on who does the spray.

Saw the bed of a Ram with the spray in liner after a little front end loader “gently dropped” (as quoted) a scoop of 6-10” river boulders in the back. Also his dad’s truck with a drop-in that got the same load treatment but bigger and not so gently with no damage. Dad warned him … but Jr baulked and claimed that new Line-X is tough as nails and the best protection available!

likalarry 04-11-2005 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by BadderBrad
So I just brought the new truck home. Would like to get a bedliner. Looking for suggestions and prices. Please advise!

Thanks.

I really like my "Ford Logo" drop-in liner. Installation is nearly foolproof. The molded-in ridges are high, for water run-off, so cardboard boxes/suitcases in the bed seem to stay dryer than with the steel bed. The built-in non-slip texture is effective, the price is reasonable, it's easily replaced when it's time for an overhaul, and as pointed out earlier: no dents in the bed unless you really clobber it. The molded-in platforms for lumber "shelves" and dividers are handy to help customize the load. All-in-all, a drop in is a pretty good solution to bed protection. The only drawback, IMO, is that any corrosion and rust problems under the liner can remain hidden. Good luck.
Larry in SF, CA

F_1_Fitty 04-11-2005 02:53 AM

DualComp

I considered the Line-X, but it doesn't seem worth the money. My brother had his 05 Dodge 2500 sprayed with Line-X and is disappointed with the scuffs and scrapes from extremely light use.

I'm going with the DualComp bedliner. The sides are the same as the drop-in liners, but the floor is a rubber mat that links into the sides. Seems like the best of both worlds at a reasonable price - $268 shipped.

http://www.dualcomp.com

New2004Lariat 04-11-2005 06:42 AM

I have a Trail FX drop in. The bottom of the liner where it rests on the floor has the same contour. Also has rubber plugs that cover the cleet access holes. $149. I'm happy.

Subsailor1127 04-11-2005 07:00 AM

I have the Line-X and love it (got it through dealer at their cost of $330.00). I had Rhino in one of my other trucks and it faded after about a year. I also buy (and have for years) the 1/4 inch black rubber bed mats to put on top of the Line-X. I like the rubber mat over the liner to help keep stuff from sliding. All bed liners tend to be a little slick (even with the grit they add) when hauling stuff. They did not sand my bed down before they put it in and the Line-X dealer.