Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Indiana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum124/)
-   -   Dst (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/362764-dst.html)

FTE Herman 04-03-2005 08:27 PM

Dst

Ok, so as Chris suggested DST Yes or No? A big yes here. I would like to understand your reasoning if you feel differently. (I have wondered this since I moved here 14 years ago.)

snowfighter 04-03-2005 09:01 PM

I want it! I hope june 5th.

shortymac83 04-04-2005 10:47 AM

I lived in the west chicago burbs, and hated DST, you had to deal with the time change, and I'm such a routine freak that I can't deal with a change in my routine.

Chris_ce 04-05-2005 07:44 AM

After reading todays paper and the changes they made to the bill I really don't think they will pass it this year.

snowfighter 04-05-2005 09:49 AM

We can all thank our elected house of MORONS for that one!!(I thought they were supposed to work for us) Guess who I won't be voting for!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FTE Herman 04-06-2005 08:41 PM

Oh well. I had really hoped to understand the apparent widespread opposition. Even if it isn't, I'd love to understand the reasoning of those who are in power to keep things as they have been.

Superdave 04-14-2005 12:43 AM

No DST for me.

I hated it when I was a kid, going to bed (when I was little we went to bed at 8:00p.m.) and the stinking evening sun was shining bright against my drawn down window blind. And walking to school in the pitch black of a morning.

cpe41 05-03-2005 09:10 PM

I've never been for it, and have yet to hear a reasonable reason to want it. I've heard many arguments in favor of it but have yet to hear one that sounds convincing.

"Other states can't keep track of what time it is in Indiana"- With the technology and the intelligence level of today's world, can it really be that difficult to figure out? I'm just an average working stiff and I have no problem figuring out what time it is in any of the continental United States at any given time of year. It's not rocket science.

"An extra hour of daylight at the end of the day"- Okay...why? It'll still be light out at 10:00pm during some summer months, which for me is no advantage, and could be a disadvantage.

There are many other arguements, but I'm just not convinced.

FTE Herman 05-04-2005 08:30 PM

How's this: I have time for 9 holes of golf after work after I drive back to Lafayette from Indinapolis?

nixer 05-05-2005 08:04 PM

well now in northwest indiana it will be dark till 8am and will stay light out till 5pm gee i guess this might work, yea right i didnt vote for that pinhead its you southerners that did lol

cpe41 05-05-2005 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by hkiefus
How's this: I have time for 9 holes of golf after work after I drive back to Lafayette from Indinapolis?

AHA!! You just gave credence to something I've said for years....that DST was created by/for lawyers, doctors, etc so that they could get in an extra round of golf before nightfall!...:-X04

alhersch 05-06-2005 03:14 AM

I've lived here all my life so I don't have any experience with it. I guess it don't matter to me really. When I get up its dark here in this basement, so the dark wouldn't bother me in the morning, other than the pita factor twice a year. I suppose I can fish longer in the evenings since i'm to lazy to get my but outta bed earlier to go to work.. Now when October comes around I got deer on my mind I can get up anytime... Now that I just shot cpe41's theory all to heck, i'm outta here...:-D

Alan

Superdave 05-10-2005 02:46 AM

If they change the time zone as well, to central time, (if I remember right) it will be freakin dark at 5:00p.m. in the (Nov/Dec) winter.

Won't be no deer huntin' in the evening after work.

We have all heard the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it". That should have applied here. Just my opinion.

Streetcruzer 05-14-2005 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by Superdave
We have all heard the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it". That should have applied here. Just my opinion.

I would have to agree with superdave, Is this all our elected officials have to concern themselves with. I dont recall thousands of citizens jumping up and down to change this, so it couldnt have been a big deal! But they have spent (wasted) 4 months trying to get this done! Now maybe the elected officials can find the time to focus on balancing the budget, enticing new industry to Indiana, fixing our education system and other things of importance for our future. Or do we really matter!

Just my .02,
Cruzer