Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Modular V10 (6.8l) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum49/)
-   -   V10 exhaust (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/360536-v10-exhaust.html)

casetractor5 03-28-2005 03:32 PM

V10 exhaust

I am looking for a good deep toned exhaust to run on my ford f250 with v10 does anybody have a good suggestion? How about anything else that might help with performance on this truck?(not that there is anything really wrong with it now, just looking to make it even better) thanks a million. Pat

boxcar1974 03-28-2005 07:28 PM

Just remember that a V10 is not a V8. A deep toned exhaust will never happen in a V10. The only way to deepen the tane a bit is to install headers. The headers did take the tone down a notch. At idle is sounds really good. At highway cruising speeds it sounds really good. Under really had acceleration is sounds awesome. The average acceleration (1800-2200 RPM) is does have a funky V6 sounds to it. Do your research and listen to alot of sound clips.

dkwoodco 03-28-2005 08:43 PM

I have an 05 F250 with the V10. Just installed the flowmaster sys with dual pipes porting straight back, 3 inch diameters up to the cat. 2 hour job max. Very throaty rumble. Innexpensive mod for the result. Wanting to supercharge. Can't find anything, anyone to assist. Is this a case where the technolgy has yet to catch up or I am just not looking in the right places? Really wanting to thow my HP well over 400+ range. Possible or just a dream?

HeavyAssault 03-28-2005 09:11 PM

One word comes to mind .................WHIPPLE!

V10man 03-30-2005 03:46 AM

dkwoodco, Just wondering why you didn't use 2 Flow's and make a true dual exhaust? Should be simple enough to unbolt the flange and weld up dual pipes. Got any pics? :-wink

dkwoodco 03-31-2005 06:49 AM

V10Man: No reason at all. The decision to install was during a drive thru at an exhaust shop. Sould I rip out and do over? How significant of a diff would I realize? Looking for power only. And a lot of it. Suggestions? This thing is very loud. As for pics, everything I own is in storage including camera. Moving today!

Heavy Assualt: The Whipple suoercharger is not available for the '05 V10. They told me it would be months.

dkwoodco 03-31-2005 06:49 AM

V10Man: No reason at all. The decision to install was during a drive thru at an exhaust shop. Sould I rip out and do over? How significant of a diff would I realize? Looking for power only. And a lot of it. Suggestions? This thing is very loud. As for pics, everything I own is in storage including camera. Moving today!

Heavy Assualt: The Whipple suoercharger is not available for the '05 V10. They told me it would be months.

chuck641 04-04-2005 09:42 AM

you can get a decent rumble at low RPMs but i dont think any exhaust will be deep on a V-10 when your on the throttle. I cut off my exhaust right in front of the cat and just put a 3" straight pipe that ended right in front of the rear axle. that was LOUD but it wasnt deep at all but a lot of people liked it. i now have a flowmaster 40 series in place of the stock muffler and it has a low tone at low rpms but in my opinion still doesnt sound god at high rpms

Jason

buffman 04-05-2005 03:12 PM

I have a 2002 F250 V10 CC Lariat 4x4 and I added BanksPowerPak last year.

Absolutly love the sound very "throaty". Not to meantion gas miles and power.
But defiantely not the cheapest route if that is what you want.
4" exhaust, headers, chip, and trans command = $2,200 easily.

Good Luck and happy shopping!

ken04 04-05-2005 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by dkwoodco

Have you tried Kenne Bell ? They had s/c's for V-10's fairly early, you can also call them and shoot the breeze. Heck, maybe you can be the test mule for the 05 V-10 ?