Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Somebody hold up the Ft. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/353901-somebody-hold-up-the-ft.html)

Traxxis 03-10-2005 04:46 PM

Somebody hold up the Ft.

Just wanted everybody to know that I will be out of town next week. Actually, I am leaving tomorrow. For those of you who don't already know, I will depart tomorrow afternoon (4pm. or so) for Matamoros, Mexico. Somebody needs to hold down this Fort... ;) (since we have so much trouble in this Chapter and all :-roll .....).

Everybody take care, have a good week and after tomorrow, I will check back in next friday (time permitting... still gotta be at work on sat/sunday at 6am... yuck).

STan

okieassassin 03-10-2005 04:56 PM

bring back some mexican fireworks , i hear there a half stick of dyno mite!!! find some mexican ford enthusiats down there and bring up here

fordborn 03-10-2005 05:02 PM

Oh My the what kind of mischief can we get into while he is away??? }> Sounds like a good time to mix things up. :-X14

Traxxis 03-10-2005 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by fordborn
Oh My the what kind of mischief can we get into while he is away??? }> Sounds like a good time to mix things up. :-X14

e... here.... ;)

No misbehaving in our Chapter... misbehave in your own Chapter. hehe :)

Actually, while I am down there, I hope to see if I can test drive... or atleast check out one of their 4-door Rangers... that we can't get up here. From the WWW, they look pretty neat.

STan

SwOkcOffRoader 03-10-2005 06:40 PM

well Stan have a safe and fun trip, wish i could go to mexico :-roll , have a good time and bring me back a sombrero!! ill help keep these folks in line!!! or maybe someone should be keeping ME in line...lol.......have a good trip......

fordborn 03-10-2005 06:49 PM

Stan, enjoy your trip man and hope you can drive one of those. Get some pict too. Things will still be here when you return. :-X22

Might just be a little different though. }> :-X14

okieassassin 03-10-2005 07:10 PM

traxxis, i converted the currency and the deluxe four door model is only 18,463.63

not bad considering here int he states a four cylinder with works is 16k

okieassassin 03-10-2005 07:11 PM

and you can get a usper duty chassis, diesle xlt for about the same price, i wonder if theyll let me get a loan evne tho i live in the states?

you should see the ford ranger thats in the uk, it four door but it sets as high of the ground as a f150 its called the thunder it looks awesome
kinda like our edge but bigger

fellro86 03-10-2005 09:45 PM

Hey, it's about time you took a break, Have fun!

cigarxtc 03-11-2005 08:17 AM

Have fun, STan!!! :D And do not drink the water. Seriously, I wouldn't brush my teeth with it and if you eat out ask for a bottle of water. Otherwise they will give you a glass of tap water with ice. A lot of us came back from a business trip from down there last year feeling quezy for days. All I did was brush my teeth with the tap water. Via condios, mi amigo! ;)

Traxxis 03-25-2005 12:38 PM

Hola,

Well, I'm back from the trip... okay, so actually I've been back for a week, but school has REALLY been kicking my hide this week. Anyways, finally finished with some of that work and got a chance to catch up with you guys.

We had a great trip, and we got alot of work done. For those of you who don't know, I went to Matamoros, Mexico to "Angels of God" childrens home. There was alot of work to do down there, and I'm glad to say our group pulled together and got a fair amount done, atleast what we could do in the one week we were there. Not to go into a long schpell, I'll just give a brief overview of the projects that I lead.
Monday, I found out I was the only one of our group that knew how to drive a tractor, so I brushhogged 50 acres.... with a 5' brushhog. :( lol, abour 8 hours... the tractor was nice though, it was a 1942 Case that had been restored (hence the reason it took so long). My next project was about 250 yards worth of fenceline that had to be cleared, so that made for about 12 or so hours worth of chainsawing and loading/dumping etc... the last day, we just built a couple of desks for the dorms.

This is just the projects that my group and I spearheaded. The other groups did alot of painting and tree planting etc...

As I said, it was really a great trip, and I cannot wait to go back. I've got many pictures to show at our next gtg and many stories to tell.

I'll get to the other threads soo, but for now, I'm off to bed. Would you believe I have to work on sunday?? For no holiday pay either! Yuk!

Adios amigos,
STan

ranger240 03-25-2005 03:03 PM

glad to see you made it back in one piece and no holes!!!! hahaha!! I have a friend that goes to central mexico quite frequently for mission trips, he is an electrician, so he already has all of his work cut out for him before he even leaves.

that is a real good thing you're doing, and I am sure you will be greatly rewarded one way or another. I for one, am glad to have such a person as yourself as a part of our little group.

welcome home!!

fellro86 03-25-2005 04:03 PM

Leave it to you to take a vacationh thatis just more work... but then many of us would think that is an enjoyable vacation. I enjoy running equipment like that, and the fact of the help you gave is enjoyable as well. I guess I could see myself doing something like that...