Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum91/)
-   -   Meeting at KY speedway in July for truck race (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/346338-meeting-at-ky-speedway-in-july-for-truck-race.html)

DeckedoutF150 02-18-2005 10:50 PM

Meeting at KY speedway in July for truck race

ok, i have been talking to rywegh, the kentucky chapter leader, and we were talking about getting a group to go down to KY speedway for the NASCAR craftsman truck race that is sponsored by Ford. I have looked on the speedways website and if we get 50 people we get a 10 percent, 100 or more 15 percent and 200 or more 20 percent. the race is on saturday July 9th and there is lots to do before the race. the race is also a night race. before the race there is a free billy ray cyrus concert in the track on the terrace in turn one. if we do not get enough people to get the discount race tickets to this race are pretty reasonable and i have never seen the race sell out. if you decide last minute you want to go, there are tickets available at the track. i have had season tickets every year there since the year after the first season the track was open and i have them on order now. please post if you have any questions and let me know if you would like to go or not. if you would like to go ahead and order tickets the toll free number to order them is 1-888-652-RACE and you can also order from the website i believe which is www.kentuckyspeedway.com . i look fwrd from hearing from everyone.

phatcracker 02-19-2005 07:59 AM

I wonder if we get enough people to go, that we can have our own section to park in and have a truck show of some sort. Or at least let Ford know that there's a group of proud Ford truck owners. We'll have to wait to see if there's enough interest in going first. I have some third party contacts at KY Speedway.

I'm in either way on July 9th

Eric

rywegh 02-19-2005 11:36 AM

me too. I think that I will personally account for about 6-7 tickets maybe more.

F2504x4 02-19-2005 04:16 PM

This is a great idea, Thanks Nick :-X22
I think should be able to come up with a few people too.

And this also gives me an idea for a contest with a nice prize that will be awarded at this this event..... :-X25

I may do more than one contest,Ryan, i'll will get with you on this, to include your members as well......

and lets make this event the one to attend :-X03

rywegh 02-19-2005 07:44 PM

Sounds good!

DeckedoutF150 02-19-2005 10:51 PM

Eric, let us know if you can arrange something like that. that is a great idea. Lets see if more people catch on and decide they want to go. this might turn into something big.

F2504x4 03-24-2005 09:31 PM

:) I'm giving this a bump to se if the interest is still here for getting together for a race, im still game , although i would like to try and get pit passes :-D

DeckedoutF150 03-24-2005 10:26 PM

i wish i knew how to, you can get cold pit passes but you dont get to see much.