Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Hampshire Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum158/)
-   -   Sold one of my kids (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/345534-sold-one-of-my-kids.html)

7283-F250 02-16-2005 09:11 PM

Sold one of my kids

Well I did it. I sold my 1983 F250.
I am now left with my 1972 Project truck and the focus.
Hate to see the truck go but need the money. I lost so much on the truck but what can you say......

I might be able to start work on my 72 now. I had rebuilt the 83 motor swapped the cab over after an accident, installed body lift, replaced frame mounts, de-rusted it, repainted it, added little things, and still had more plans for it. But its now gone. Now any free time I might get will be going into the 72.

And I will also be telling the new owner about this site and we may grow by at least 1 member.

fords8 02-20-2005 08:33 PM

Got a 1985 F250 coming. Paying 200.00 for it. :-D Needs floors put in it. Thats about it. Adding a plow to it, because it is going to be my work truck. Plowing and towing my car trailer will be its job. Going to retire my 1971 F250. Pulling the 360 out and rebuilding it, and maybe selling a few parts and junking the body. Body is rotted bad. Need any parts for your 72?

7283-F250 02-21-2005 11:04 AM

Ummmm..... YA!!!!!

PM me

fords8 02-23-2005 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by 7283-F250
Ummmm..... YA!!!!!

PM me

I tryed to send you a email. But it says I can not. Anyways, the whole body of the truck is junk. It has no brakes. I use it to plow my yard and will be taken the motor and plow setup off of the truck. It has a good trans(4 speed) and transfer case. The rear end is in good shape. The front end could use the bearings replaced but other wise it is good. The drivers door is missing and the heater core is toast. If I could sell the rear and front ends and trans and transfer case, that would be cool. Spring time is when I plan on doing all this. I will pull the motor and plow setup and you can make me a offer on the rest of it. You tow it out. I am in Sterling, Ma. also.

PS: The drive shafts are good I think too.

7283-F250 02-24-2005 08:32 AM

I have a 70 or 71 4x4 sitting in my back yard (bough for the front grill). It has motor, tranny (3 on tree), xfer case and rear end already, but probably all needs rebuild. Mine is 2wd and I'm not converting. I'm always looking for interior parts as well as body parts. Anything mechanical I will probably replace with new just so I don't have to worry about it. The big things I need are hood(I have a good hood but looks like someone took a street sign pole across it), bed (I have parts to fix it but taking it appart kinda scares me), and original rear slider if theres still such a thing. Would the radiator core support be like the rest of the metal, mine looks good but its not off yet and I'm not sure about the mounting points.I also have no truck or trailor to take the whole thing away. Don't think my focus is up for hauling a heavy truck:-D
I'll think about it tho.