Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   Anti-fog for REAR window?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/345519-anti-fog-for-rear-window.html)

YOMAN 02-16-2005 08:41 PM

Anti-fog for REAR window??

HOWDY!

I m a bit sick of rear window always fog up when its raining/cold...

i tried opened window for a bit ( its cold!) and use heat etc..nothing really work..

I m thinking about apply some anti fog on window (rear).

Any feedback?? what brand of anti fog do you guys use?/ X-rain anti fog??

Thanks!
YOMAN!

WhëëlMå1 02-16-2005 10:15 PM

I have used the Rain-X interior window stuff with good results. I have yet to try it with this new truck, but it worked well in my bronco. If I find some fog now, I just crack a rear window, and the drivers window (god bless rainguards).

lardman 02-17-2005 05:54 AM

I have the same problem. My rear side windows fog over before the truck heats up. I have the 40/20/40 bench and wish they put some ducts going to the back seat (there aren't any on the floor either). I close the 2 outside dash ducts and point 2 center ducts toward the back and crank it on. Usually clears up in a few minutes. It is very annoying. I will have to try the fog-x. My brother used it years ago and it was like smudging oil on your windows. He couldn't get it off and was very disappointed. Sounds like the formula may have changed...I have to try something.

TestPilot 02-17-2005 05:39 PM

Yoman, I had the same problem. I started running the AC when its rainy, even on chilly days, and haven't had the problem since.

greenroses 02-18-2005 03:00 AM

I read on another forum that shaving cream prevents fog on glass. I haven't tried it. You go first and tell me how it works.

blitzen25bm 02-18-2005 04:05 AM

fogx. rainx is also awesome i dont have to use wipers anymore and snow dosent even stick.

Crash687 02-18-2005 04:46 AM

what do you need to look out the back window for? you have a nice set of sideview mirrors on that truck. I drive cargo hauling vehicles alot and rarely have a rear view(even with a mirror). You should be able to see everything you need out of your sideview mirrors, only blind spot is directly behind you. Unless you run without a tailgate, you can't see anything less than about 4' tall anyways.
just keep your front defroster running (it should activate the A/C).

lardman 03-02-2005 05:30 AM

Applied the fog-x after cleaning my windows. It must have been too cold, I can't "buff off excess" as the bottle suggests. I don't have any problem with rain-x, the fog stuff must be a bit different. Now my windows look streaked and dirty. Hopefully it warms up soon so I can give it another shot.

PaulC 03-02-2005 11:12 AM

Keeping the glass clean helps a bit. The film that builds up from driving, interior plastic gassing, etc., tends to attract fog build up.

Ruckus 03-02-2005 11:48 AM

I am having the same problem with Rain X Defog that Lardman is having, only I applied mine during warm weather.I cleaned windows thorouhly with Windex prior to application.I wiped and wiped trying to remove swirls and streaks that Rain X defog left behind.Does anyone have remedy for problem?If not, I think I will clean mine off and forget it.Thanks!

tabanks412 03-02-2005 01:03 PM

I'm not sure about all the warm weather/cold weather application stuff here. What I do know is that Rain-X is like car wax. You have to keep buffing the window with a decent amount of elbow grease to remove the swirls. I've put this on just about every car/truck Ive ever owned, and I love it. It'll save your life on a rainy day if your wipers go out. Don't laugh. It's happened to me before on a 9 hour drive in the rain.

Have any of you guys applied this stuff to a tinted window? I know you're not supposed to put chemicals on window tint, but I was just curious.

Ruckus 03-02-2005 01:12 PM

I have no problems with Rain X on outside of windows,however I cannot get swirls/streaks out Defog stuff they make for inside windows, no matter how much elbow grease I use.Any suggestions?

blitzen25bm 03-03-2005 12:47 AM

are you guys using paper towels? i only have luck using lots of rags probably takes 3 rags each section.

Ruckus 03-03-2005 01:00 AM

Yes, I have always used a ton of paper towels.I will try using rags, changing frequently.I don't know what difference it would make, if paper towels are changed frequently.However, I sure will give it a swirl with rags!Thanks for your knowledge.:-X22

mkoser 03-04-2005 09:06 PM

In my experience, paper towels just do not work. The BEST that I found have been old t-shirt material. It seems to suck it right off the window. Give that a shot.

Like others have said, you can turn on the A/C or defroster (it automatically activates the A/C) to lower the humidity on the inside of the truck. I do it all the time anyway, to help dry out the carpets from rain/snow.

Also, by law you have to have a clear rear window... geez.... don't listen to the post above about just using your mirrors. Stupid, dangerous information....

MK