Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   Just thought id actually properly introduce myself (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/345199-just-thought-id-actually-properly-introduce-myself.html)

Brian794x4 02-16-2005 01:25 AM

Just thought id actually properly introduce myself

Im Brian, 23 years of age, own a house in Castlegar, BC. I work in construction mostly, some union work, some mechanical crap, whatever pays for the toys.
I Love my fords, I have an 82 Mustang with a touched up 351w and a bunch of other goodies, and my 79 F150 project. I bought it as a wood gettin truck origionally...but i have always had a sweet spot for the old fords. So i went from a 1000 doller truck, to 9" of lift, a different box, some stereo, and once im done this recent shutdown at the plant, the big axle swap with tires and wheels.
So i just thought id see if i can get some acceptance into the chapter, and get to know my fellow BC/alta guys. Ill be sure to sniff around the chapter forum more often, thanks for checkin this out!
Brian

Mil1ion 02-16-2005 02:23 PM

Welcome to the chapter.

With an Aunt & Cousin living in Trail,I get through your way every now & then.

mustange70 02-18-2005 11:21 PM

Yeah welcome to the chapter (be sure to hit join chapter, just underneath the alberta/bc link on the forum main page), sounds like that stang moves pretty good, and that 79 sounds like it will be one heck of a rig when its finished.

460f250 02-19-2005 10:15 AM

Hi Brian, good to see anther Castlegarian. Hope to see you about some time.

Ken aka Savage 02-19-2005 07:50 PM

Howdy Brian; Sounds like quite the truck project you are working on, when you get a chance, upload your photos to the FTE Gallery, I would enjoy see'n them for sure, no doubt others would too.
Ken

Brian794x4 02-21-2005 02:14 PM

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome guys. I finally figured out that join chapter deal, so hopefully ill be in! I will be sure to take alot of pictures of those diffs when they get under the truck, sounds like it should be happening in 6 weeks or so (after i finish the cominco shutdown) I gotta get gears comming right away, then find some mounting wedges/traingles for the radius arm locations, Cant wait, should be pretty unique around here. I think i taked wtih you before briefly 460f250, and yeah, hope to see you and your rig out. Thanks again
Brian

jenral 02-21-2005 06:14 PM

Welcome to the nut house Brian........just kidding. There are a good group of guys in here that really know there stuff..( I ain't one of em ). Hope you find lots of usefull info in here.

mustange70 02-21-2005 10:02 PM

Beware though, if you aren't careful and you start frequenting the offroad forum your truck will end up with double the lift/power/tires/etc, trust me on that :-D.

Brian794x4 02-22-2005 04:09 AM

hahaha, funny you mentioned that....that had started happening before i actually became a member. Lift is in, now its time for the big diffs and the tires, and maybe later if its lucky....all one color (excluding mud brown)
Brian

mustange70 02-22-2005 03:54 PM

yeah we just found a beat up 88 ford 1 ton crew cab 4wd that we should be able to pick up for cheap (under 1500) that i will take the axles and my dad needs thetranny and t-case as well.

Brian794x4 02-22-2005 07:46 PM

excelent, i love the idea of a tough built truck. I tried to talk myself out of swapping in big diffs...but i know ill waste more money if i try to run big tires on the stock diffs. A friend of mine was going to do a 4 link setup in his 2000 f150, so he picked up a D60 out of a 79 1 ton, and a 01 superduty 10.5" with disks, but decided to buy a new Superduty to build, so he gave me a screamin deal on the pair, and i made him throw in tech support, and he's going to install the gears. So its too good to pass up for sure. Should be quite the lil project for sure!
Brian

mustange70 02-22-2005 10:49 PM

You do know the bolt patterns are different between those 2 axles right? (the rear is a metric pattern), but yeah on my bogger (in gallery, budget bogger) is an 81 f-250, and to date, even with the axles if we can get them, we have more into the 35x16x16.5 boggers then the rest of the rig, but the only reason why thats true is because it took parts from 10 trucks and 1 car, all the parts were in excellant shape and the motor was a ford remaned 400, runs perfect, the only new parts are the coil, clutch, the ign. modular and coil, rebuilt carb. Then the lift will be free (thanks god for scrap metal and a welder:-X21) with the execption of 200 bucks for shocks and a droped pitman arm, the hydro assist will be free as well (i like the farm :-D).

But i know the feeling of wanting to swap out for the bigger axles, we (me and my dad, since this is a joint project) were (or are, depending if the truck hasn't been sold yet) going to weld a dana 50 TTB into a solid axle (i have it almost figure out), but this 1 ton should hopefully fix that problem, and then this truck will be one of the toughest/well built trucks in the area, and i should be able to clean up in the mod classes :D at the mud boggs.

Brian794x4 02-23-2005 02:27 AM

Sounds like a cool cheep project mustange70. I do know that the axles have different patterns, but apparently you can put a 10.25" older style outer hub on and adapt the rotors, interesting concept, and hope it works.
Brian

mustange70 02-23-2005 04:24 PM

That is a pretty neat concept and if it does work it would make a good tech article, so be sre to let other know when you find do this.

Ironpants 02-24-2005 12:24 AM

mustange70 -

If you end up buying that 88 ford crew cab, I might be interested in everything else you don't take from it.... you mentioned the axles and the tranny and t-case would be gone. That is ok with me.

Let me know if you pick it up, and what you don't want on it.
I am looking for a second crew cab that I can do somethign with, but don't want to shell out alot up front. (Just want to spend more in the nickle and dime-ing that I usually do).

Chad