Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   2005 F-150 factory alarm question. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/344524-2005-f-150-factory-alarm-question.html)

chowder 02-14-2005 01:32 PM

2005 F-150 factory alarm question.

When I activate or deactivate the alarm with the keyless entry remote my horn honks (beeps). Does the same thing if I use the keypad. It is really annoying and I don't think my neighbors like it either. Any way of making it so the alarm dosen't honk? On my wife's 02 explorer, it only honks if you press it a second time. This is driving me NUTS!!!!!!

DAThomas9 02-14-2005 01:55 PM

It isn't a "chirp"? Your horn blows? That would suck. Mine "chirps". Maybe the dealer could do something?

chowder 02-14-2005 02:02 PM

Yeah it's the horn. The factory installed alarms seem to use the horns. When you press the lock door and arm system on my wifes explorere twice it honks (beeps) the horn once.

piercede 02-14-2005 04:34 PM

My 05 doesn't honk unless you press lock twice.

JohnnyBoy 02-14-2005 09:29 PM

my mustang chirps too. The horn honk is waaay to loud, so I can see how the neighbors are getting annoyed. I think that ford miswired something. have them fix it, but be careful, they tried to charge me $200+ to adjust the sensitivity of the alarm they installed!

Carguy1959 02-14-2005 09:54 PM

I think all the new Fords with keyless entry are like that. Once locks all the doors press the button again and the horn gives a quick beep. My wifes 05 explorer and my 04 FX4 does too. She does the same thing pressing the button twice thinking they didn't lock the first time. She had a 04 neon (piece of crap) it honked every time you locked the doors ( one press of the button).

jbone108 02-14-2005 09:55 PM

I think some where in the owners man. I saw that you could disable the horn when locking/setting the alarm.

Dr No 02-15-2005 10:20 AM

The first thing you need to know is the 04/05 F150 does not have a factory installed alarm.
The horn sounds on the second push of the button . There are two modes to this.If the horn sounds one time all is ok with locks.
If it sounds two times there is a door open and all is not ok.
This info is in the owners manual.

Mike

vader716 02-15-2005 10:26 AM

Mike's right....I doubt you have the alarm, rather just the keyless entry. That little blinking red light doesn't mean you have an alarm.

Try it....don't "disarm" your truck....use the key and open the door...nothing right?

I think the alarms from Ford have CodeAlarm written on the keypad.

Jim

JohnnyBoy 02-15-2005 10:55 AM

theres also a inconspicuous black horn under the hood that says on a blue sticker " ford security" or something like that. So all the new trucks etc honk the horn instead of chirping??

TRITON-ic 02-15-2005 12:09 PM

This is a topic which I am too lazy to investigate. I think that the alarm system is actually a anti theft system? Your vehicle goes into a electronic hybernation after the doors are locked. The key pad disables itself after several failed attemps to access the vehicle. The system also looks for the coded key, or it wont start. I don't think there are any sirens that go off when broken in to. On my truck I use the fob to say "lock" the truck then says "ok locked" by a fast blinck of its headlamps. I think the
second button push is just a verbal confirmation that says "Yes I did lock up!" Either way the system is activated.

chowder 02-15-2005 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by vader716
Mike's right....I doubt you have the alarm, rather just the keyless entry. That little blinking red light doesn't mean you have an alarm.

Try it....don't "disarm" your truck....use the key and open the door...nothing right?

I think the alarms from Ford have CodeAlarm written on the keypad.

Jim

No. I definately have alarm. If I don't disarm, and unlock door w/ key and open door, horn starts honking like crazy. I have alarm AND keyless entry.

chowder 02-15-2005 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Carguy1959
I think all the new Fords with keyless entry are like that. Once locks all the doors press the button again and the horn gives a quick beep. My wifes 05 explorer and my 04 FX4 does too. She does the same thing pressing the button twice thinking they didn't lock the first time. She had a 04 neon (piece of crap) it honked every time you locked the doors ( one press of the button).

That's just it. My 05 f150 honks like your neon did. Press it once, it honks. Press it twice, it honks. Unlock, lock, you name it, it honks. I can't hit my button, or use my keypad ( on door ) without it honking.

94568xlt 02-15-2005 05:43 PM

I think you have a dealer installed alarm. Do you have a little black box below the stearing column that when locked has a blue blinking light? If so you should have a owners manual in with the truck manual. I had the same annoying horn honk and I turned mine off by following these steps: Turn the ignition key on then off; within 10 seconds of turning the key off press and release the valet button (on the bottom of the black box on the dash below the stearing column) three times. Any time you disconnect your battery you will have to re-do this because it will reset. Hope this helps.

chowder 02-16-2005 02:53 PM

Sweet! I will give it a try. Thank you. Yes it is a flashing blue light with a box down there under steering column. Will let you know how it turns out!