Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   Anybody but the stealership (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/338982-anybody-but-the-stealership.html)

stutterstan 01-31-2005 09:35 PM

Anybody but the stealership

I am looking for an alternative to the stealership for a IAC sensor on a SOHC Explorer. Anyone know of a parts supplier in the area that has access to Ford parts at a cheaper price. It's out of the realm of Autozone, Advance, etc. Even a website will do.

soulpatchfr 01-31-2005 09:58 PM

well, A&B on Princess Anne Rd in Norfolk advertises that they stock everything - or can get it. 857-1224.
been around forever, & they've done me right anytime i've used them (20 yrs now)

texan2004 02-01-2005 01:38 AM

I have been away for a while but there used to be a parts store in Newport News called E&E Autoparts (also went by the name Parkers but it was the same place) that carried Motorcraft and delco parts. If I remember correctly, it was one of theose places that was closed on Sunday and only open until like noon or 1:00pm on Saturdayt and closed at 6 or 7 during the week. Real "Old School". Also, Apple's Auto Parts in York County on Route 17 if they still exist used to be the parts warehouse for most parts stores on the Peninsula. I say all this with the qualifier that I have not lived there since 1995 but I do go back occasionally. Have not been to auto parts stores on my trips home however. Both places could be ong gone but I would take a moment or tw to check them out.

texan2004 02-01-2005 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by texan2004
I have been away for a while but there used to be a parts store in Newport News called E&E Autoparts (also went by the name Parkers but it was the same place) that carried Motorcraft and delco parts. If I remember correctly, it was one of theose places that was closed on Sunday and only open until like noon or 1:00pm on Saturdayt and closed at 6 or 7 during the week. Real "Old School". Also, Apple's Auto Parts in York County on Route 17 if they still exist used to be the parts warehouse for most parts stores on the Peninsula. I say all this with the qualifier that I have not lived there since 1995 but I do go back occasionally. Have not been to auto parts stores on my trips home however. Both places could be ong gone but I would take a moment or tw to check them out.

Apparently Parker's is stil there. This came from Yahoo. They used to carry a ot of "dealer only" stuff or could get it quickly.
Parkers Auto Parts

(757) 930-1806

Address: <ADDRESS>12567 Warwick Blvd
Newport News, VA 23606</ADDRESS>

Cross Street:Near intersection of Warwick Blvd and Alpine St

fordguy21 02-01-2005 09:13 PM

FYI: When I bought my IAC for NAPA auto it had motorcraft stamped on the IAC itself, but it came in another company box.

So when I put it on it looked like I bought it from the dealer.

NAPA price: around $50

Dealer: $125 - $150