Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Official FTE Oklahoma Chapter Logo Design & Selection Thread !!!!!!!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/337831-official-fte-oklahoma-chapter-logo-design-and-selection-thread.html)

cigarxtc 01-29-2005 10:46 AM

Official FTE Oklahoma Chapter Logo Design & Selection Thread !!!!!!!!!

Okay, I hope I'm not steppin' on anybody's toes by starting this thread. :-tap But here goes. This will be the official thread to design and select our Oklahoma FTE Chapter logo. :-X22 :-X25 I have read through the Kansas chapter thread for designing and choosing their logo. The two main issues that I found that we must abide by is 1) The stickers must not provide a profit, or if it does the proceeds must benefit FTE or the FTE Chapter only. 2) We are specifically not allowed to use the Ford scripted oval due to copywright issues with FORD. x(

I mentioned a long time ago that I had been working on some ideas for some chapter logos and/or stickers. Seeing Tim's samples got me motivated. :-fire I finally got off my butt and made some samples. The pics are in my gallery, in the Oklahoma FTE sub gallery.

I used three of what I would consider the most popular Ford trucks that I see on the road.(I'm probably biased since I own two of the samples used.) The sample trucks could be changed to maybe include Broncos, or the small ranger pickups or the late 90's full size pickups. All the pics are hand drawn either on paper or on the pc, by yours truly. The quality could be better, but these are to give ya'll an idea of what they could be like.

The last sample is simple and not too cluttered. The blue oval is a subtle reminder of what the club is all about. (Remember that we can not use the Ford scripted logo. But no one has a copywright on just a blue oval. ;) )

So for Tim, and anyone else here that wants to, let's get started on designing and selecting our FTE O.K. Chapter logo!!! :-X22 Check out my ideas below.(FYI, the "visit WWW.FORD-TRUCKS.COM" text in the top left corner is not part of my design. That just overlaps my pictures.) Also, we probably don't want to get too elaborate with the designs so that they can easily be turned into window stickers and suc

cigarxtc 01-29-2005 10:48 AM

FYI, if none of these designs appeal to anybody, please let me know. And be vocal about what changes you might wanna see to any of my design submittals. You won't be hurtin' my feelings with any suggestions for improvement or changes! ;)

SwOkcOffRoader 01-29-2005 11:24 AM

glad to see someone is taking the initiative and putting up some ideas, kudos to you!! :-X22 if i were a little more computer savvy, (other than typing and left clicking!), i would try my hand at designing something.... i like your first drafts, they have alot of potential....im thinking since we can use a non Ford scripted blue oval, that we use a FTE logo like you had up before(with the scooner on the truck,minus the scooner...)and have a blue oval above the trucks thats scripted with Oklahoma or Sooners or the like, but make the oval look as much like Ford's as possible, filled in with blue and cursive lettering...wish i knew how to creat something like this so i could show you whats in my mind, well enough of my rambling, thats my 3 cents, im sure whatever is chosen will represent our chapter successfully and tastefully...

ranger240 01-29-2005 05:10 PM

draw it on paper, then get it either scanned or take a pic and post it up, Brian.

I have started working on a few designs as well, will post them when done.

dakota_viking 01-30-2005 12:02 PM

OK guys and gals, here's my 2 submissions. Both follow the rules for using the FTE logo. The first one is with the Schooner on the '50.

I submitted the first one to Ken Payne (FTE Owner) for approval and recieved word the other day from him that it was OK to put the Schooner on the FTE logo.

With Schooner

No Schooner and larger chapter name...

I have nearly completed the digitizing of both designs and would be able to have them printed into decals or I could cut them as window decals in a matter of a week or so.

Just let me know what you think.

Tim
:-tap

Okie-Dokie 01-30-2005 02:11 PM

I am not able to post as often as I should, so my opinion shouldn't carry weight here. I really like the last one. With the blue oval. So, how much and when will they be available? Got a couple of vehicles I would like to see with a logo in the back window.

MikeB 88 01-31-2005 08:28 AM

Personally, I like Tim's no schooner decal.

Traxxis 01-31-2005 10:03 AM

I think for me it is a tossup between Tims no "Schooner" and Rons "Sample 6". . . though as you can tell, I'm a real plain guy. . .

STan

dakota_viking 01-31-2005 10:32 AM

I like the blue oval too, but I found this statement from Dennis (Mil1ion) in an older Logo thread:

Originally Posted by Mil1ion
All chapter logos require the FTE logo to be in them.

Just an FYI before we go too far.

Tim
:-tap

Arnold Kenyon 01-31-2005 10:46 AM

I like the look of the non schooner also.

cigarxtc 01-31-2005 01:05 PM

Thanks, Tim. I've been searching for the official FTE Chapter Logo guidelines and am finding a suggestion here and there throughout the different Forums and categories by Mil1ion and Ken. I put in a request to Mil1ion for the official Logo guidelines. I'm waiting to hear back from him. In the mean time, I guess I'll get back to the drawing board. :)

White_Knight 02-01-2005 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Okie-Dokie
I am not able to post as often as I should, so my opinion shouldn't carry weight here.

:-huh

Okie-Dokie,

Your opinion DOES carry weight here and in all matters of the Chapter.
Just as much so as mine. Please do me a favor as a friend- don't ever
underestimate yourself again. :-X15

That goes for the rest of y'all too. }>

your fellow member and Ford nut

Mark a.k.a White_Knight :-X14

rogerf100 02-01-2005 05:01 PM

I like the No Schooner from Tim. I like having the FTE logo over the outline of the state. Looks very good.

SwOkcOffRoader 02-01-2005 10:53 PM

with the help of my talented wife, we managed to come up with a possible logo....take a look and tell us what you think..........

BTW: just to make sure credit is given where its due, the outline came from dakota vikings no schooner logo with large letters.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...&albumid=14613

Traxxis 02-01-2005 11:01 PM

Oooh... that's nice Brian. I might just have to put my vote in for that.

STan