Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   Central and Southern Illinois Members (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/335168-central-and-southern-illinois-members.html)

Fastronald 01-23-2005 10:05 AM

Central and Southern Illinois Members

Hello to our members in Central and Southern Illinois.

In order for us to meet the needs of ALL chapter members, please take part and voice your thoughts and comments.

We can surely schedule a meeting in the Danville, Springfield or in the Matoon -Charleston area this year.

We need to know who is willing to take part and become active in order to schedule Chapter Meetings to suit all of our members.

I will admit that the majority of the Illinois Chapter members are within easy drive of the Chicagoland area.

To accomodate everyone out of that area, we need to hear from you!

Are there more members near Springfield? More near Matoon? More near Danville? More near St. Louis?

Not everyone has listed their City or Town in their profile information.

This makes planning in advance difficult as we have no information to select a city or town in that area to meet.

I'd ask everyone to update your profile with your City or Town to help make location selections easier.

Okay everyone............let's hear your comments, suggestions and ideas.

Thanks - Fastronald

Wiskey6 01-25-2005 10:24 PM

I'm down here south of Marion.
I'd love to be able to participate, but with work, it is hit and miss as to when I am around.

4xfreak 01-27-2005 03:41 AM

I live down here in Carrier Mills. St.Louis is the closest major city for me. It's about 2 hours away..

mc73454 01-29-2005 02:46 PM

I'm near Effingham,so St Louis,Matoon,Charleston,and Springfield are fine.Danville and Gilman are kinda the "outer limits",but I'm not against it at all!

Fastronald 01-30-2005 04:20 PM

meeting

A Chapter Meeting at the Cracker Barrel in Matoon or Pizza Hut in Charleston is a couple choices to try.

I'll bring these locations up at the February and March meetings to gage the interest.

Maybe a meeting in Danville or Matoon could be a good location.

We will need to hear from members in that area if they plan to attend and take part.

We could plan to make some cities/towns regular sites for meeting during the year.

We just need to hear from everyone and have good participation to make it a regular site or choice.

Our goal is to make meetings easy for ALL members of the Illinois Chapter.

Also, remember the Illinois Chapter will hold it's first ever "show'picnic" in May at the Kankakee River State Park.

We'd love to see as many members from the state there as is possible.

Thanks, Fastronald

theracingtouch 02-07-2005 09:52 AM

Summer Meeting for Southern IL

I live in Belleville, Illinios near St Louis, MO. We have several parks and other nice areas around here that would be great. C-Dale, Matton, Carlyle Lake is about 50 Minutes away from where I am it is in Carlyle IL. Great place for a get togeather FASTARNOLD with a nice lake for fishing, beach and so one for the summer activities. I know there is a couple of FTE members here in my area but I don't stop in here near enough to know there nicks. Speak up FTE's, let have some fun this summer, southern Il style!

Fastronald 02-07-2005 04:00 PM

March Meeting

We'll be looking forward to seeing some of you at the Gilman meeting to discuss other meetings in Central and in Southern Illinois.

Thus far a meeting in Matoon is in the planning stages, possibly in Danville as well.

Who is planning to attend the Gilman meeting?

Fastronald

mstoned1 02-07-2005 04:02 PM

i live in beckemeyer 5 min from carlyle lake great place to party

hagen :-fire

theracingtouch 02-07-2005 08:02 PM

Carlyle

Originally Posted by mstoned1
i live in beckemeyer 5 min from carlyle lake great place to party

hagen :-fire

COOL HAGEN, DO YOU OF BEELMAN TRUCK CO? I AM THE PURCHASING MGR FOR THEM. WHAT DO YOU DRIVE? I JUST TRADED MY 68 F100 FOR A 99 RANGER XLT. LOVE IT, POWER EVERYTHING, BIG CHANGE FROM THE ARM STRONG STEERING.

TALK TO YOU LATER

mstoned1 02-07-2005 08:41 PM

beelman has a yard close by here so i see red rockets all the time i have a big blue 79 bronco with a 460 a c6 205 d44 front d60 rear and 36 military hummer tires i just added onboard air with a york compressor. My dd is a 2002 ranger 4x4 with a 4.0 auto 4.11 and a light bar. great to hear from somebody local.

hagen
:-fire

theracingtouch 02-08-2005 12:30 PM

Fastarnold

Is It Ok If We Plan A Meeting Or Get Togeather For Us Guys Here In Southern Il? I Don't Want To Step On Your Toes, We All Just Want To Get Together And Show Off.

We Would Like To Get Permission Before We Have To Ask For Forgivness. Oh Heck What Is The Fun In That.

Steve

Fastronald 02-08-2005 04:14 PM

Meetings

This Chapter was founded as the "Illinois" Chapter. We have tried to hold each meeting in various locations to meet the needs of our members who have expressed an interest.

We are meeting in Gilman in March, April we could meet in Danville or Matoon.

We need to continue to hear your suggestions and comments to plan for a meeting in the area that meets the needs of the most members in any one location of the state.

If no one is willing to attend meetings set up in their areas and wish to make other plans, I make these suggestions.

If you are located closer to Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky or Indiana than the main stream Illinois locations, you could take part in their chapter events until we reach your area.

If members in the Central or Southern Illinois desire to establish a Southern Illinois Chapter, contact the site and suggest it. You would be required to fullfil the requirements of the site and follow the established rules, regulations, etc. of all chapters.

We have made efforts to seek members in Central and Southern Illinois to suggest meeting locations, cities, towns, etc. for some time. Making mention of where you live is only the first of many steps. We seek detailed information of area locations, parking capacity, easy access to state and federal highways to make it happen.

If you are willing and able to attend a meeting in Danville or Matoon speak up and we can better plan to meet your needs as well as the areas thus far selected.

Fastronald

theracingtouch 02-08-2005 07:45 PM

Si Meeting

Originally Posted by Fastronald
This Chapter was founded as the "Illinois" Chapter. We have tried to hold each meeting in various locations to meet the needs of our members who have expressed an interest.

We are meeting in Gilman in March, April we could meet in Danville or Matoon.

We need to continue to hear your suggestions and comments to plan for a meeting in the area that meets the needs of the most members in any one location of the state.

If no one is willing to attend meetings set up in their areas and wish to make other plans, I make these suggestions.

If you are located closer to Iowa, Missouri, Kentucky or Indiana than the main stream Illinois locations, you could take part in their chapter events until we reach your area.

If members in the Central or Southern Illinois desire to establish a Southern Illinois Chapter, contact the site and suggest it. You would be required to fullfil the requirements of the site and follow the established rules, regulations, etc. of all chapters.

We have made efforts to seek members in Central and Southern Illinois to suggest meeting locations, cities, towns, etc. for some time. Making mention of where you live is only the first of many steps. We seek detailed information of area locations, parking capacity, easy access to state and federal highways to make it happen.

If you are willing and able to attend a meeting in Danville or Matoon speak up and we can better plan to meet your needs as well as the areas thus far selected.

Fastronald

JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN AND WHERE AND I'LL BE THERE. I HOPE TO SEE ALOT MORE SI TRUCK GUYS THERE. DANVILLE IS ALMOST STILL CENTRAL TO SOME OF THE DEEP SOUTH GUYS, BUT I GUESS THAT IS THE PRICE WE PAY FOR LIVING IN A LONG STATE. LOL.

AS FAR AS PLACES, HERE WE HAVE GATEWAY INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY IN MADISON, IL. RIGHT NEAR I-55 / 70 AND HIGHWAY 203 BIG TRUCKS TOP RIGHT CLOSE TOO FOR THOSE GAS GUZZLERS.

ST CLAIR SQUARE, TONS OF PARKING. OFF I-64

CARLYLE LAKE, CARLYLE IL. VERY COOL PLACE FOR TRUCKS TO MEET, TONS OF PARKING AND ALOT FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING. RIGHT OFF HIGHWAY 50.

TONS OF CRUISING AVAILABLE IN THIS AREA.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK. WHAT IS THERE IN MATTOON AND DANVILLLE?

I HAVEN'T BEEN UP THERE IN ABOUT 15 YEARS.

STEVE

mstoned1 02-08-2005 09:15 PM

i think the race track in madison is a good idea there is a good junk yard right across the street also easy interstate axcess.

hagen :-X25

theracingtouch 02-08-2005 09:23 PM

Race Track

Originally Posted by mstoned1
i think the race track in madison is a good idea there is a good junk yard right across the street also easy interstate axcess.

hagen :-X25

WHERE YOU AT HAGAN? I LIVE IN BELLEVILLE OFF HARTMAN LANE