Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1983 - 2012 Ranger & B-Series (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum35/)
-   -   95 ford ranger disabling the chime (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/334017-95-ford-ranger-disabling-the-chime.html)

Dclawson 01-20-2005 01:18 PM

95 ford ranger disabling the chime

Hi, I asked help before on my chime problem-someone said use wd40. I really would like to know which wire to cut. My truck is possessed, it keeps ringing on and off. I would appreciate anyones input. Thanks,Dave

rangerdog 01-20-2005 06:27 PM

Just follow your ear and un-plug the little black box that is making the noise.

samich 01-26-2005 04:35 PM

The "box" is behind the radio on the drivers side... unfortunately unplugging it also dissables the windshield wipers and interior lights.

FTE Trigger 01-27-2005 09:43 PM

Purposely and willfully destroy the chime itself?? (If ya cant unplug it) I had a friend pay me a few bux jus to ..."disable" his in the Chebby S-10

da'Moose 01-27-2005 11:14 PM

In 95’ Ford was still using the buzz box. I removed it from my F-150 and my Ranger, with no problems with any other systems.

Da’Moose

Donald Rohret 01-28-2005 12:18 AM

Sorry, I don't know which wire to cut to disable the chime. I also have a '95 Ranger and was bothered by my chime sometimes sounding off when I exited the truck and sometimes it wouldn't. Some kind soul, who was aware of my problem, inquired if I had an after market radio installed. I did indeed. Apparently the GEM circuit was screwed up when they installed it. I found if I always leave my radio turned on, when I turn off the ignition key, the alarm doesn't chime when I exit my truck. Just a thought.

pic498 01-28-2005 06:30 PM

I Know How To Fix It!!!

my 95 did the same thing... chime would ring forever after i shut the door and was going down the road, and the interior light would stay on too. So what i did was got into that black box, removed it, then just broke off the siren. then i put it back in. the light stayed on though. so then my friend that had a 96 said to spray WD40 in the door jamb, so i did and the light stayed off. Now i wish i would've just used the wd-40 so i'd stop leaving my headlights on (you know--the headlight warning chime). but yeah, if the wd didn't work--break it off.

RickPlmr 09-28-2005 01:38 PM

How to disable the alarm horn honk?

Hopefully this isn't too off topic, but is there also a way to disable the horn from honking when the alarm is set (i.e. when you press the lock button twice on the key fob)?

Gibber 1 09-28-2005 01:56 PM

The only way to disable the chime in a newer Ranger (and I'm not sure when Ford went to the circuit board type chime/windows/doors/etc.) is to take out the radio, remove the board from its case and very carefully unsolder the chime from the board. It can be done!! --- and after doing it, it's nice not having to listen to the stupid thing when you're trying to listen to the radio with the doors open!!