Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chapter Discussion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum138/)
-   -   attention north-california members go vote for chapter leader (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/331988-attention-north-california-members-go-vote-for-chapter-leader.html)

F2504x4 01-15-2005 07:52 PM

attention north-california members go vote for chapter leader

please follow this link.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=331786

F2504x4 01-15-2005 08:26 PM

Hmmm i posted this in the GD forum to attract attention to this chapter, and it gets moved here :rolleyes: oh well.... :-X16

kinda makes you wonder.

Mil1ion 01-15-2005 08:55 PM

All ClubFTE chapter discussion is to be made in this section.

The general conversation forum does not include FTE web site discussion.

F2504x4 01-15-2005 09:01 PM

soo promoting the chapters is limited to this forum section only.

Sorry about trying to generate interest and getting some attention to chapters that have low activity. I will refrain from doing so in the future.

Mil1ion 01-15-2005 09:04 PM

It's just like the user feedback & suggestions forum getting FTE support threads posted in it.

F2504x4 01-15-2005 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mil1ion
It's just like the user feedback & suggestions forum getting FTE support threads posted in it.

I have to respectfully disagree with you on that.Tech issues should be directed to fte support, i agree with that. but the chapters need to be able to attract users, and there our many examples where it does inform new users that were unaware of the state chapters and the benifits they have to offer.
And when they see a thread calling attention to the chapters in one form or another it helps membership , which is the whole point, that is to grow the chapters and general discussion is a place that gets alot of traffic. Its just like placing ads where it will get the most attention, so that you will have the best chance of having some one respond to it.

My Only intention with this thread was to help N. cali user's be made aware that there was an election being help to keep there chapter open, what is wrong with that? I do not want to see anymore chapters get closed do to inactivity or no CL being elected, as a whole we need to move forward not backwards. even one of the most active chapters last year is suffering from inactivity, this is a trend that needs to be turned around.

Growth is something that has to be promoted, not restricted......

this is not meant to be disresectful to you or anyone else, that is not its intention.

rywegh 01-16-2005 03:38 PM

I can somewhat see your point Mil1ion. But I can also see what Ray is trying to do. If a post about the chapters cannot be allowed in General conversation, what can be done to bring the state chapters to everyone's attention.

Some people who visit here might either be new to computers or they are have tunnel vision and only look as far as it takes to get the info they need. Meaning they don't look/scroll down far enough to find the state chapters.

I remember back when the state chapters were first rolled out there was a sticky at the top of general pointing members to check it out. COuld this be done again?

Or how about adding on to this banner "We encourage you to show your support for the forum sponsors. They make FTE possible! Click Here for a list of sponsors." Maybe adding something to the effects of " Don't forget to check state chapters below" or " join the state chapters below."

Personally I have enjoyed FTE a whole lot more since I have become more active with the state chapters. Going to meetngreets and being able to put a face to the name. Swapping stories and enjoying the camaraderie is great fun also. The only thing that would make it better would be to have more people show up. more that know about the state chapters means more that could show up and add to the fun and experience.

Mil1ion 01-16-2005 04:07 PM

There are already 4 forums to draw people from:
General Chapter discussion forum
The Northern California chapter forum
The Introduction & announcement forum
The Events forum.

It is thought > That's enough forums for trying to get more people.

Also think if this >
ALL the other chapter's got going without yet another " Come to our chapter" post in the General Conversation forum.

If that chapter with Million's of people in that area of the state can't make it with 4 forums already I doubt it could make it with ONE more forum for exposure.
My moving a thread out of a NON-FTE dedicated forum is hardly going to make or break ONE chapter forum.

IMO, More has to be done on the inside (within the actual Chapter).
I like the idea of already members greeting new people but also mention In Conversation .

F2504x4 01-16-2005 09:00 PM

Thanks dennis for the more in depth reply, I can understand where your coming from, its just that all we are trying to do is increase awareness of the chapters across the whole board, as well as out side this site. and from time to time threads need to to put in differant forums to refresh users that the chapters exisit. who knows what this upcoming summer will bring, but hopefully attendance on the chapters meetings will increase.

So hopefully in the future you will allow some threads to be placed to in all forums, and i'm not talking every week , just a couple times a month, and they can even be locked for that matter, the title and a brief message is all that is needed.and concerning the General discussion forum along with the general auto forum, they are popular forums that a lot of users visit.

Look at the site annoucements, user feed back forum, alot of newbies miss those , and they are not as far down the board as we are, and look at what you guy's go through letting them know where they are .

Oh well.. we will just have to go forth and do what we can....

Thanks for your response on this Dennis, no ill will was meant by it, just a little venting, thats all, once again thank you for your reply regarding this.

And dennis we do appreciate what you do for the chapters.

Ray