Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum26/)
-   -   Upset at SVT (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/331863-upset-at-svt.html)

Freshjoe 01-15-2005 12:03 PM

Upset at SVT

Hey I am new to the forum, although i have always came here to read things I finally registered so I can post things.

I was one of the many who was waiting for the sweet 06 L, and did the whole powerlease program to be first in line to get one. Now after reading all over the internet that it has been shelved I need some suggestions what to do? I am a very impatient person and its been hard waiting just this long, being teased with all the delays and setbacks of the 3rd gen. Now I am tore between 2 options. Do i lease-buy my 04 sonic blue L, or should I pick up the new 06 harley 150? Only thing i have read about the harley i dont like is that I dont think it is going to be supercharged...am i wrong? O well thats all I got for now, any input, recommendations, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

jb1983 01-15-2005 08:10 PM

You have a 04 Lightning and your upset?.... don't be- you've got a new Lightning! I bought mine after saving for years to buy an F-150, I had to scramble at the last minute when they finished production of the 2nd gen Lightning’s but I got one( of the last ones out). Its kind silly to buy/lease one car just to be first to get another, my .02 but as they say patience is a virtue. I’d keep what you have and enjoy it until the 3rd gen appears. SVT takes their time on every vehicle they work on so, you are going to need a bit of patience. Remember only a little over 3700 people in the world have 04 Lightning’s of which a smaller fraction have a sonic blue one, be glad, I still can’t believe I have the privilege to own this truck. Do as you wish, but it sounds like the old “grass is greener on the other side to me”. Good Luck.

richtor 01-16-2005 12:17 AM

personnally i like the new 250 supercrew 4x4. but i can understand your need for a truck with a blower. so it seems to me that you have three options.
1. at the end of the lease, lease a new 06 cobra, they will be monster's and buy a used beater truck. by the end of the cobra lease the new lightnings should be out.
2. buy the 04 lightning at the end of the lease.
3. buy a new 06 f150 put a blower on it, bear racing brakes, and the ground force suspension package. with the new chasis of the 150 this would be one bad truck.

DjThomasJ 02-10-2005 10:45 AM

yah dont be upset about having an 04 L.. im 20.. i cant afford an L .. but id do anything to have an 03/04 WHITE svt lightning i hope in a few years when i can afford one (which i hope to) I can find a good used one on ebay or something.. but it cant be a smokers truck.. and cant be treated as if it were just any car/truck it has to be up to my standards lol .. i have an 03 reg cab f150 flairside in white.. and well i take care of it a lot and it shows.. and i would hope people with SVT's would do the same... be happy that you have your lightning :)