Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oklahoma Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum92/)
-   -   Leaders among you- for our Chapter Leader. (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/331775-leaders-among-you-for-our-chapter-leader.html)

White_Knight 01-15-2005 12:10 AM

Leaders among you- for our Chapter Leader.

Stan,

This has been quite a year past, and as the new year dawns before us,
I'd like to think of things to come and to be. 2005 will hopefully be a much
better year for all of us.

I am honored to be a member of the Oklahoma Chapter, and I heartily encourage all who post here to give membership to our Chapter their
consideration and support, and keep up with our forum. I would also
encourage with the same fervor consideration of Club FTE membership.
This, along with support for the forum Sponsors, helps FTE remain what
it is- the premiere Ford Truck resource and organization online, and
hopefully, offline and in real time in our Chapters as well.

I will speak to you, and to all of our Chapter quite frankly now.

I stand in support of you, Stan, as our Chapter Leader. You were our choice,
and you stepped up to the task, and distinguished yourself among us. Rest
assured that I respect your Leadership and do not feel it becoming to advise you in any matter. However as a member, I may offer suggestions in matters
pertaining to our Chapter. I have had my "time in the sun" as the Moderator
of this forum, and unless the opportunity comes again by due process of election, or by the consensus of the Membership, I will not seek to lead. This
is your task, good sir. Not mine.

As a member, I ask you to consider these points. You must determine their
value, efficacy and purpose as befits our organization. This is your duty, and
I rest this matter in your capable hands.

Firstly-

As Chapter Leader you carry great responsibility. But it should not rest entirely upon your shoulders. As Leader consider delegating some of these responsibilities to others. Namely consider these offices:

Assistant Chapter Leader- your second in command.
Treasurer- a vital position in any organization.
Secretary- as critical as Treasurer.
Chapter Historian- someone who will chronicle events, GTG's and keep record of our unique history. Definitely someone with a darn good camera.
Event Coordinator- this individual sweats all the details for events, from what is brought to where is it held to how do I get there.
Publications/Communications Manager- handles the business of phone/email lists and newsletters, and works with Event Coordinator for flyers/handouts
and meeting/GTG coordination.
Chapter Counsel/Parlimentarian- drafts Chapter Constitution and Chain of Command structure, tenures of office and other legal/function issues of
Chapter government. Also administers the "swearing in" of Chapter officials.
Marketing Manager- handles fundraising events, Chapter-specific item marketing. Coordinates with Treasurer.

And, your "legs"- to stand on Statewide-

Regional Coordinators- these individuals facilitate GTG's in their
respective areas of the State. Initially I divided the State into five regions.
These ones will act in support of your efforts to get members together.
You will designate these five individuals. Working with them are:
Local Coordinators- these individuals facilitate meetings in their towns,cities
and counties. They can be selected by Regional Coordinators based on their
locations and individual merit.

At this point I would suggest considering Ken- ranger240 for the Central Region Coordinator- he has stepped forth to get the OKC folk together.
He may be the man to handle this task for you.

Whether you choose to appoint your officers- your Cabinet, as it were,
or select the candidates and have the Chapter vote on them is at your
discretion.

Secondly-

I'm not sure, you may have to ask Mil1ion about this. If I'm correct, you as
Chapter Leader have forum capacities like a Moderator. This may allow you
to post sticky notes, edit/delete posts and other functions. Learn the use of
these tools to your advantage, and use them in your efforts online. My Roster
post stands even to today. Take it down or make it your own. Edit out my name and place yours there instead- as our Leader.

Now- what happens from this point on is by your hand. I have spoken my peace.

I pray this comes as no offense to you, I mean well. It is my desire to see
our Chapter become what it can be, and share with our sister Chapter- Kansas. Look to the North and find the best of a friend in Rollie Trimmell-
Fordborn. We stand in support of you and wish you well. Yes, Stan. This is
your baby. It's time to give it a name, and help it to walk. And who knows?
Maybe in the process, change some diapers, young man. :-X24

your fellow FTE'r and compatriot,

Mark a.k.a. White_Knight :-X25

Traxxis 01-15-2005 06:12 PM

First off, no offense taken. I would hope that if there is a problem with how I coordinate this chapter, those problems would be pointed out to me. Next, yes, from what I once understood the CL's were indeed supposed to have some of the privilages of mods, however I've yet to see these powers inacted (unless I'm blind to the new functions). But to question if I would remove your thread, or remove you name of it and put mine in it's place to take credit for it??żż Not going to happen, and I'm really not sure why this suggestion would be made?

From your list of new offices that should be inacted, I counted 9. Unfortionately I don't believe there are 9 active members in this chapter (not counting you, or me as we already hold an official position). That number is not counting regional/local coordinators. Although, I too think that Ken might make a good regional coordinator, but this is a nomination that he himself will have to accept.

Am I wrong in still believing that you are our mod. still? I hope you undertsand that you are, and can be just as much of a leader as me. For that matter, we all can be. I hope this all makes sence and is clearly understood by everybody, as I too don't intend to step on anybody's toes, but rather to speak my peace. I guess now the forum is open to suggestions. Anyways I just got off of work and am tired and hungry. Take care.

STan

ranger240 01-16-2005 12:56 AM

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Mark. but what we really need here in OKC is members, at last count we only had 9 post up that they were here locally. I have only met two of the 4 or 5 active OKC members. and weather I am actually appointed this position or not I will continue to do so as I love to share my hobby with others, it isn't as much fun playing with one's self. hahaha

and Stan, I take it that was a second to the nomination? if so, then sure I'll accept. I have already started compiling a list of contact information for the local people (two so far, Brian[swokcoffroader], and Tom[stockcarnut])

as for state wide meetings/gtg's, it will be difficult to make more than a few anually as Oklahoma is a very large state, and gas isn't getting any cheaper.

as for the delegation of the powers, some of the positions proposed could be placed in the lap of one lucky individual.

I will keep an eye on this subject as it unfolds.

_Ken

fordborn 01-16-2005 01:54 AM

If I may, I would like to throw in a few thoughts about some things. My intention is not to step on anyones toes and please tell me to butt out if I step over the line. Just want to throw some past experience's out there to think about.

Mark has made some good suggestions about different positions within the chapter but as Stan has noted there is not a big core group as yet. Now some people can wear more then one hat or you cold cut back on a few positions. In my opinion I think it is too big of a step to undertake at this stage of the game. The key here is to develop a strong core group then build it out from there and from what I have seen so far there is a good core starting to form. We have in our chapter a core group of probably 25 people now with a full contingent of over 100 people. It was not always this way and took sometime to develop. We first started with a handful of people posting and then having a G2G in the KC area monthly along with 1 main event for the year and a Christmas party. As these took form and continued to take place more people became involved. This happened mainly because after the G2G's people would talk and post about them and the fun it was, which drew interest of others and they decided to try and get to one of the G2G's. New people came and tried it out, found they liked what was going on and kept coming back. This drew more people to the meets and as they talked and posted more thus the ball was rolling. Now Kansas is like Oklahoma as it is pretty big and spread out and not everyone wanted nor was able to drive to KC once a month. To facilitate we have now added a monthly G2G in the Wichita area. This allowed another group to start forming and coming together thus making our chapter bigger and better. Once these two groups started meeting and growing we were able to throw in occasional G2G's in areas that made it easy for members from all areas to show up. We now have 2 area monthly G2G's, Fordtoberfest, Christmas party, 2 day at the lake events, and spring time at the park. Stan for your sake and sanity you should look at area coordinator's. They can start developing little groups in their areas and then use that as a stepping stone to the state wide events. As the Kansas leader I knew I was not able to be everywhere and do it all myself so I called upon a few good people in key areas to act on my behalf in those areas. It was up to them to organize G2G's and to keep the flame burning in their area. This worked great because these people were able to give it a more personal touch as well as being in the area and knowing the people in the area. I as leader try and make as many G2G's as possible but everyone knows I cannot make them all, but with having these coordinators the members still feel as if they are being respected and have a person to look toward in order to guide the activities and the excitement. Ken, you look to have the drive and the desire to be such a person in your area and would be a great help to Stan. It's people like you that will stand up and do these things that will cause others to want to be a part of it. I hope some of my rambling will be of assistance to you all and you can draw upon my past experience's to help show that these things can and will come together with time and perseverance. Mainly do not let things discourage you nor let them keep you from the ultimate goal, they will not take place overnight but with what I see of you three they will happen in time.

On another note, Stan is correct in that we have as of yet received no special moderating powers as leaders. These will be forthcoming I hear and hope.

Oklahoma chapter has great things coming for them I know for I can tell that Mark, Stan and Ken are stand up people and they will not let the chapter down. Luck be with you all and keep up the good work.

White_Knight 01-16-2005 04:34 AM

Things yet to be.

Am I wrong in still believing that you are our mod. still? I hope you undertsand that you are, and can be just as much of a leader as me.

STan[/QUOTE]

To use the quote from "Highlander"- "There can be only one."

I am no longer Moderator. When we went to Chapters that was
phased out, especially when the Chapter Leader position was filled.
It is a good thing to be a member. In my former position I had to be
neutral in stance for the sake of the Chapter. Now I can indicate
preferences, take sides and make choices. That is one of the greatest
freedoms one can have. I have no authority, power or leadership
priveleges here, or anywhere else in FTE, for that matter.

I have no desire to lead. Unless I am called upon to do so. And then only
by the consensus of the entire Chapter.

Rollie has a valid point about the offices. There are not enough of us
to support the ones I suggested. The purpose was to illustrate what
could be, in time. And you, Stan, have expressed that point as well.
There are ways to build up our numbers. Mil1ion provided one of the
best- a flyer that could be handed out easily, and personalized with an
"invited by" signature. Jimbare and I will test this in our areas and keep
you informed. Another point Rollie made was about area coordinators.
Ken "ranger240" is an example- he's keeping track of folks in his area.
That's what's needed for now- let's break this down to small bite-size
pieces and do this. Ron "CigarXTC" could compile and handle Claremore
and Owasso. Alice might be able to keep tabs on folks around Vinita and
Pryor. I'll open up Tulsa for us until I can get someone to help me with
Glenpool/Jenks/Sapulpa/Sand Springs.

The offices will come in time. For now, let's get a few of us together to
spread the word and invite others in. This will grow, very well. And I'll help
in any way you direct me and as I can.

For now think about putting Ken to the business of the Central Region. He has my support for this. Also think about Ron and Alice. See if they could help too.These are people you can depend on.

Rollie, I will always be indebted to you, not only as a friend of mine, but also as a friend to our Chapter. I know there has been sorrow and loss in your life here lately, and my heart is bowed down at the news of it. You and your family are in my thoughts, and prayers even as my own. May God bless us
all in these days to come and watch between us until we meet.

Everyone here makes all the difference. Never forget that.

White_Knight

Arnold Kenyon 01-17-2005 08:51 AM

Northwest Oklahoma

I'm in Enid and would be willing to have some get togethers in this area if anyone is interested. I am originally from Dover and travel down into that area reguarly also. I see a lot of sharp older Ford trucks around town and have made copies of Mil1ions flyer to give to them. Lets get this part of the state involved.

ranger240 01-17-2005 10:14 AM

I was going to ask if it were OK to go ahead and make the flyers, as to not get in trouble with FTE by possibly putting out "the wrong flyer". or does it make any difference?

My family and I went to the show at Mel Hamlilton Ford there in Wichita, and might I say, Rollie, you guys have a great thing going on up there in Kansas. I could only hope ro achieve the greatness you have for the Oklahoma chapter. Great bunch of people you have up there.

as of yet, I haven't seen anything on the oklahoma chapter that needs moderated, or atleast nothing I have seen here has come accross as offensive. That being said, I can see why one would think the mod isn't doing his job. Christmas and New Year hollidays have just passed as well, so that may be a reason for a month long hiatus. I would not worry about things going down hill, really.

I guess I am now the central area coordinator. I have started a local roster with names, and phone numbers. I would like to get the names and numbers of those in other regions as well to be able to get ahold of them should I be in their area while driving throught our state. I visit Tulsa and Owasso atleast 3 times a year, so we could get together for lunch or whatever, and have a face to face (nice to know who you are talking to).

anyway I think things will come together as needed. The Nissan club here in the city has about 50 ACTIVE members and as of yet there are no "Officers", but I see the need for it should anyone get very serious about getting things to take place. The biggest problem we have is procurement of a place to meet that will facilitate our group of people. The local Studabaker club gets permission to block off an area at Crossroads mall for their meets occasionally, this could be a possibility for a state wide event. There is also the Ford dealership on I-35 and I-240 they generally have a large open area in their parking lot, and could let us meet there. These places have access to interstates, and there are several hotels close by, one of which is brand new and right there in the parking lot of crossrads mall. there is a Texas Roadhouse steak joint right there as well. I will check to see if this could be a possibility and start a new thread about a possible event here in OKC.

Looks like things will be alright here. Brian, Tom, and myself are pretty devoted individuals (Okc's core group so far), and I see it going places.

sorry to go on ranting so long, I hope this will be useful in setting a goal, as stated.

_Ken

Traxxis 01-17-2005 03:59 PM

Yes Ken, if you are willing to accept, then that was a second to your nomination. There have been a few instances where somebody with mod. privilages was needed... I think I was once refered to as a nazi... or perhaps that was Administrator Ken, I don't really remember the details, but I know we all here in the OK chapter had a couple rounds not too far back (ask Jim... he know's. hehe), but I'm glad to say that all problems were worked out, and it was handled in a mature manner. As far as mod. privilages for the CL's, I don't know when they will be inacted... last I heard they were to be inacted at the end of October.

Mark, actually I had no idea that I really took your place, I thought I was "under" you and was kinda your second-hand man, eh?

I'm glad everybody responded in a positive way to my last post in this thread, I was afraid it would come off as too abrasive... as saturday was a TERRIBLE day.

Hopefully I'll see all of you soon, and hopefully I'll remember to bring the camera this time, lol.

STan

White_Knight 01-18-2005 08:00 AM

There can be only one.

Mark, actually I had no idea that I really took your place, I thought I was "under" you and was kinda your second-hand man, eh?

STan[/QUOTE]

Stan,

What EVER gave you that idea? We Mods were phased out, and Chapter Leaders listed instead. You are not anyone's "second-hand"
man- you are the duly elected Chapter Leader. You are not "under" me.
And you NEVER will be. Understand that clearly. And be the Leader that I know you can be.

As for taking my place? You didn't. I was a Moderator. You are a Chapter
Leader. Two entirely different leadership forms. Besides that, the Mrs. would
argue that no one takes my place! ;)

I want to meet you in person. Very soon.

Mark

White_Knight 01-18-2005 08:13 AM

A first in our Chapter- a Regional Coordinator

Originally Posted by ranger240
I was going to ask if it were OK to go ahead and make the flyers, as to not get in trouble with FTE by possibly putting out "the wrong flyer". or does it make any difference?

as of yet, I haven't seen anything on the oklahoma chapter that needs moderated, or atleast nothing I have seen here has come accross as offensive. That being said, I can see why one would think the mod isn't doing his job.

I guess I am now the central area coordinator. I have started a local roster with names, and phone numbers. I would like to get the names and numbers of those in other regions as well to be able to get ahold of them should I be in their area while driving throught our state. I visit Tulsa and Owasso atleast 3 times a year, so we could get together for lunch or whatever, and have a face to face (nice to know who you are talking to).

Looks like things will be alright here. Brian, Tom, and myself are pretty devoted individuals (Okc's core group so far), and I see it going places.

_Ken

Well, Ken...

Mil1ion tossed it out here. I'd say go for it. Make the flyers just like he
put them out, make sure you sign the "invited by" line and have fun! And
congrats on becoming our first Regional Coordinator. You're doing all the
right things, and taking initiative. And I'm proud of you. As far as moderating,
the forum hasn't required that, and I'm grateful. Even when I was the forum
Mod I didn't have to use any of my priveleges- everyone here is mindful of
their conduct and its impact. Maturity and encouragement were very obvious.
It made me feel fortunate- some of my fellow Mods had it rough in their forums. When we went to the Chapter format we Mods were phased out when
the Chapter Leaders were elected in. So I'm not the Moderator of our forum anymore. You have one leader- Traxxis. I am a member just like you. And that's a good thing too.

I look forward to meeting you soon, Ken. You have my confidence and support in our efforts. Keep it up! :-X22

Mark

ranger240 01-18-2005 05:39 PM

}> mmmwwwwoooohhahahahahahahaaaa }> the pieces of my master plan are falling right into their proper places........WHAT, ....err.... OH! YEAH! I MEAN thanks for your support, and I will do the best I can. WEEEEEEEE!

hahahahahahaha :-wink :-X25 :-X01 :-X14 Oo. :-X04 :-X24 :-blah :-X05 ;) :-X22 :-X07

really though, thanks, Ill do my best.