Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   Calgary FE Guys (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/329084-calgary-fe-guys.html)

Brad Brown 01-09-2005 01:23 PM

Calgary FE Guys

When is the next show and bull**** session, or do we have to make one :-X03 :-X03 :-X03 :-X03 :-X03 :-X03 :-X03 up?

Mil1ion 01-09-2005 04:13 PM

Please elaborate on your question ?

Brad Brown 01-09-2005 10:07 PM

The next time any of us can get together for a quick drink or coffee and get a sticker!

mustange70 01-11-2005 12:04 AM

Well i'm headed through Calgary on thursday and i'll be looking for some coffee probably around 2 (not entirely sure on that though) before my physio appointment (hopefully Waxy will be able to join too), if you're up for it name a good place down on Mcleod trail when you first come into calgary.

Hopefully we can get something decided on the stickers on thurday (see Coffee at Timmay'sss, Red Deer for whose going to be there) :).

Waxy 01-11-2005 09:30 AM

I'd be available on Thursday, but it would have to be after 4:30. I just can't get out of work right now, I took 2 weeks over Christmas, and now I pretty much have to put in a week of overtime to catch up.

Waxy

mustange70 01-11-2005 08:43 PM

yeah that physio appointment (dad answered the phone) is for 12:45, so maybe we can do it another time Waxy, But Brad would you still be up for it?

Brad Brown 01-11-2005 09:45 PM

I will have to look at my schedule for thursday but it might be possible. I will also find out about where to meet, I would be right downtown and have to come down to meet you. Where is your physio at??

mustange70 01-11-2005 10:07 PM

Its at the South Calgary Health centre, its at the south end of McLeod Trail (just north a few blocks of all the new stores when you first come into town), if it works out how bout after the appointment at the Hooters (gotta love gir, er wings, lol) thats on McLeod.

Brad Brown 01-11-2005 10:45 PM

What time do you think you will be at Hooters? I KNOW where that is! We call it the "south tower" for meeting you know! HAHAHAHAHA :-X07

mustange70 01-11-2005 11:27 PM

South tower, now thats a good one. I should be there between 1:40-1:50 depending if i get out early or not.

Waxy 01-12-2005 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by mustange70
yeah that physio appointment (dad answered the phone) is for 12:45, so maybe we can do it another time Waxy, But Brad would you still be up for it?

Sounds good. :-X22

Waxy

Brad Brown 01-13-2005 08:46 PM

Waxy, Mustang, where were you guys? I was there with my Platium Rooster and I didn't see anyone else, I asked some people over in the corner but know one was there. I was the big guy, 6'7" in the middle of the place by myself. I was there from 2 till 3. Too bad.... :-X16

mustange70 01-14-2005 12:42 AM

Sorry i missd but but here's what happened, remind you, that we haven't really dove this truck, an 88 ranger, to work all the bugs out, but here it is:

So here's what happened, as i was pulling into calgary on Mcleod i noticed that the temperature gauge was rising and i thought it was because of the weather cover thingy i had over the grill, but as i turned off into the road that took me to the South Calgary Health center the heater quit working (blew cold air), and the temperature guage started climbing real fast, so i hurried to the parking lot and shut if off before i cooked the motor.

When i got out i noticed that antifreeze was leaking pretty steadily from some where on the back of the motor, and then i knew exactly what it was (dad point it out yesterday when we changed the t-stat that a hose somewherre back there was leaking) there is a steel line that comes off the heater hose that goes to the intake manifold so as to keep the intake warm, and this steel line is just loose back there so it vibrates, and off choose it is lying right on the valve cover and it wore a hole about the size of a pencil tip in it and it leaked out all the antifeeze, I'm just luckly that it was minus 30 degrees the whole trip up so the motor didn't over heat.

So now i had to go find a place to fix this, and i ended up in front of a parts value store leaning under the hood in the cold @$$ weather trying to remove this line, once i got the line out (the dang hose clamps are right down in the most imposible spot to get at, and i what took me so dang long), i bought a lenght of 3/8 heater hose and slid it over the hole in the line and then hose clamp it at each end and over the hole so as not to wear another hole in the line. By the time i finshed up with everything and got the antifreeze levels right it was a quarter to 4, i knew you would've been gone be then, and so i left so i would be able to make it for red deer on time.

Talk about a bad day, anyway next time i come through Calgary i will be sure to stop in at the "south Tower" for lunch or something, my treat, and anyone else is more than welcome to join, and Waxy, maybe this time i can catch you on a day off or something. (if either of you just want to talk)

But again, sorry i missed you i was really looking forward to a plate of wings.

Brad Brown 01-14-2005 08:17 AM

Those things always happen when it is minus 30! Fun eh? Not a big deal, we will catch you on the next time thru! Thanks for the note.

mustange70 01-14-2005 11:09 AM

yeah and this morning my dad called and said that the other truck i would've taken (93 supercab 4wd, 31's, 302 and that POS mazda 5speed) broke down on my mom at 5 in the morning, something broke in the tranny so it won't engage in gear, time to swap out in favor of the good ol' 4sp and gear t-case.