Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   K&N 2004+ F150 5.4L V8 - Aircharger Kit (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/326589-k-and-n-2004-f150-5-4l-v8-aircharger-kit.html)

BlkButy 01-03-2005 05:08 PM

K&N 2004+ F150 5.4L V8 - Aircharger Kit

Does anyone have this installed? Can you give your opinions on it if so! I am strongly considering this and need some reviews!

R.W.F. 01-04-2005 01:17 AM

I have one on mine I love it. alot loader than stock when you gas it sounds awesome. a very good kick in the pants and a little kick in the mpg. easy install took me about 30 mins.. Had it on for about three weeks now and no check eng. lights or any other problems. Go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BlkButy 01-04-2005 06:33 AM

Thanks for the info! Sounds good to me!

MotorPsycho 01-04-2005 07:15 AM

I'm a K&N fan from way back. However, take a look at the Volant before you bite the bullet. It is an enclosed box vs the K&N system which uses the hood and drivers side fender wall as part of the enclosure.

Two advantages to the enclosed box. First, quieter air intake. Second, less likelihood of engine compartment air getting into the intake.

The Volant also has an oval filter instead of cone... probably more surface area.

The quality of the product is excellent.

Enjoy.

jperea 01-04-2005 01:02 PM

I've got one also. Love the performance. Install was cake. This is my 3rd intake, by the way, so I know which ones not to get. Check my gallery for more. Thanks JP

HOLESHOT1 01-04-2005 07:15 PM

Hey BlkButy - I'm in the same boat as you. I've been a K&N fan for a while, filters in trucks, ATVs, etc. but there's so many options now for the F150. I still think I'm heading towards the K&N setup. Never a problem in the past.

jperea - just wondering, is that the white or the stainless steel guage face kit in your gallery? Tough to tell from the pic. Either way, looks great!

DEGBTI 01-09-2005 01:45 PM

just wondering, is the air-charger kit the one that is 'off road only', meaning not 50 state legal, or am I thinking of another kit that K&N makes

IB Tim 01-18-2005 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by DEGBTI
just wondering, is the air-charger kit the one that is 'off road only', meaning not 50 state legal, or am I thinking of another kit that K&N makes

Welcome to Ford Truck Enthusiasts! If you have a minute check out the Guidelines, it will help you to navigate through and understand FTE. Stick around someone will be by shortly...to answer your question.

We are pleased you have chosen the best source for Fords!
See you on the boards.
Enjoy FTE :-X22 …..

SoCalSuperCrew 01-20-2005 10:45 PM

I am also trying to decide between K&N and Volant... Last week the local shop said Volant is redesigning there's now. I decided to just go with a drop in K&N for now. I also got the superchips 1714 and a magnaflow( which sounds great)!

hooknbook 02-04-2005 02:03 PM

K&N is the way to go

One of the reasons why i purchased the full kit is because i know the regional sales manager. i got the thing for half price. as it was explained to me, if you go with the chrome intake system your hp increase is at an overall while driving. if you go with the black plastic colored intake system your 0-60 is where you have the most power. i was told for the chrome colored intake system i should get 18 hp to the rear wheels. i talked with an accessory guy from a ford dealership who has the volant system and he told me it was a little too loud. i think youll enjoy K&N. oh and it is smog legal.

Pylda 02-04-2005 06:20 PM

Is the aircharger kit smog legal?
I want to get one for my 4.6L but I thought I read that it isnt emissions legal.

FORDFX42004 02-04-2005 06:43 PM

I have one also and love it.Great sound and better mpg.Definetly recomend.

dj3330 02-06-2005 09:53 PM

Just installed one today before the Super Bowl. Took less than an hour. Test
drove it and I am glad I decided to do it.........get one......you'll love it.