Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   Vibration annoying/any solves that work? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/325172-vibration-annoying-any-solves-that-work.html)

bkmccann 12-30-2004 08:56 PM

Vibration annoying/any solves that work?

:mad: I recently replaced the clutch pack on my 2004 f150 Lariat crew and it resolved a shutter I was getting from the stand still (especiialy in the turn) however there is still a slight vibration from about 30MPH through to about 70MPH then it goes away. It's really annoying but I don;t know what to have the dealer do. Some say replace the drive shaft, some say its because the drive shaft is 2 piece, others say tires. I love the truck but can;t stand this annoying vibration. Someone said replaced the drive shaft with a one piece carbon unit is the way to go but it sounded like it was $800!

DonsFx4 12-30-2004 09:06 PM

Do a search on "vibration".

bkmccann 12-30-2004 09:08 PM

I've done that but I was hoping something new might come from someone...

gowestfx4 12-30-2004 09:49 PM

I have the same problems, getting the clutch pack replace monday, the vibration, they are going to see what they can do. I don't think it's the tires, I put new bfg a/t's on my truck and the vibration is still there. Hope they came do something, I love my truck.

DonsFx4 12-30-2004 10:24 PM

Ford came out with TSB's 04-25-7 and 04-25-8 that address the vibe issues. You can access them at

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/

Basically, it's a flow chart that starts w/ tire/wheel balance and continues to a point where the dealer installs diagnostics and runs it around the block, charting for freq of vibe and location.

Hopefully, you're problems will be solved soon. Good luck!

bkmccann 01-17-2005 01:19 PM

Just a followup...had a new drive shaft installed and it did not fix the vibration. However they then replace the ring and pinion and bracket and the vibration is gone. I'm very pleased now. Now if it will hold up?

joeprinter 01-17-2005 03:14 PM

vibration

I have had all of the tsb's done and still have the vibration (45-55mph). I had the truck (o4 F150 sc.) in the shop 8 times and they can not fix it! I have now filed a dsb. Will let you know what happens.

bkmccann 01-17-2005 04:10 PM

What truck do you have?

thenetguy 01-17-2005 04:14 PM

It's amazing how this topic makes the top 10 list every day. I suggest using the search feature and becoming well educated on this issue. It's one that caught me unexpectedly but this site is awesome for research and support.
You've come to the right place.

db3812 01-17-2005 07:56 PM

which Ring and pinion and bracket>?

which ring and pinion and bracket did they change? i have had everything done to my truck about the vibration adn it is driving me nuts. ihave had the tires replaced... its not the tires.... the front steering rack replaced... its not that.... i had to get the rear end replaced cause of a whine... fixed the whine but still an annoying vibration..... had the driveshaft replaced.... still have the vibration....had the tires "road Force" balanced... still there.... ia ms o fed up with this vibration that i can't stand it... and am almost ready to get rid of the truck... i haven't been able to enjoy my first 4x4 ever since i got it and really want some direction on where to go and what to do with this problem.... canu suggest any help?

bkmccann 01-17-2005 08:01 PM

I assume its associated with the drive shaft...but I would call Mike Green Service Manager (801) 488-1880. If you need more help let me know.

jbone108 01-17-2005 08:09 PM

I have had the draiveshaft replaced and tires balanced. without the problem being fixed. the dealer then refused to do anything else about the problem. I took it to the DSB and was turned down they said the problem could be fixed I'm now waiting a FSE ford engineer to look at the truck.

aplomb 01-17-2005 09:17 PM

jbone,

I don't have any personal experience with the vibes (although I'm plagued with the steering nibble) but I read on another board that someone with the vibes had 3 driveshafts replaced and the 3rd fixed the problem. I guess bad shafts are being replaced with bad shafts and eventually they may find a good one. I may even consider taking it to a private driveshaft shop to get the balance of it checked if it were me.

I read where another's vibe problem was in the transmission and a tranny replacement cured it. Appearantly something in the overdrive may be a problem with some of them. The way to tell is to drive your truck at the speed where you feel the vibe and press the OD button to take the tranny out of overdrive. If the vibe goes away when out of overdrive then the tranny is the problem. I am NOT an expert but I feel for you and wanted to offer solutions I read about. Good luck!

jbone108 01-17-2005 09:34 PM

thanks. APLOMB

I hope fords engineer comes up with a fix.
the truck is starting to get to me and my list of problem is growing just today my power steering went out. and I now have a fluid leak at my rearend. this truck only has 10k mile on it.
sorry for the rant

aplomb 01-17-2005 09:51 PM

Rant all you want jbone, we'll listen even if Ford won't. I've had the differential replaced and the truck in the shop for the steering nibble three times before I even made my first payment! They still haven't fixed the steering nibble either. I had an F250 buyback ten years ago that was a supreme headache, why I decided to trust Ford again I'll never know, and of course I'm paying the price now. I drove GMs for the last ten years (until that fateful day one month ago) and never had any trouble with them. If I had found this and another forum a day earlier I never would have bought the F150. Once I find a way to get rid of this POS I'll never stray from GM again! Sorry about your luck and rant here all you want!