Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nova Scotia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum121/)
-   -   we need this forum (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/323828-we-need-this-forum.html)

bossind 12-27-2004 05:18 PM

we need this forum

Come on people we have lots to talk about and deal with so we need to keep this forum.

For example: The lift laws or lack of lift laws in new brunswick have been taking their toll, RCMP are taking trucks off of the road. I'm sure this will become a problem for NS and the rest of Atlantic Canada sooner or later.

This forum can bring us togeather to address things like this.

Its also a great way to meet people, so lets save this forum we only have a few days left.

thank.

FordFadgeole 12-28-2004 07:34 PM

Good luck on trying to keep your chapter up and running guys. :-X22 I'v made a few friends just posting in your forum,and check it as often as I check my own for current posts.I checked a truck forum I'm a member of,and found someone who is 20 mins.from me .It's a great way to keep up on local topics.
I find that most of these Norteast chapters are a bit slow .It doesn't help that a lot of us are still playing with our Christmas presents.lol.
I can't help out with the chapter leader process,but I can do some posting of topics if you guys need some help. :-tap

Craigwell 01-06-2005 05:44 PM

i wonder how the rcmp would determine the lift on my truck was factory..
i have a highboy.. 4 inch lift blocks from the factory.. would they count leaf springs??

utter foolishness

bossind 01-06-2005 06:51 PM

If they think it has been modified they will send you to an engineer to determine that, the engineer will write a letter stating if its ok or not, and if its not you will recieve a letter from MVA giving you a date to have your truck return to stock or your plates will be cancled. That's what has been happening here, and is going on right now with 3 trucks down the road from me. One is a jeep with a 3" lift and 31" tires and the other is a jeep with a 4" lift and 35" tires. The third truck I don't have info on. This happen back in october and the trucks are still not on the road.

Craigwell 01-07-2005 12:01 AM

thanks for shedding some light on that.. i seem to recall hearing about that type of thing in other jurisdictions, and i guess it was inevitable that the powers that be tried to bring it here.. bummer.

id still love to know the basis of an engineer's judgement, whatever the final decision.

i also remember hearing before that if you had a highly modified or constructed vehicle and wanted it on the road legally, you had to take it to moncton and get a special inspection performed... even here in the n.s. jurisdiction; u have to take it to moncton apparently...

wild stuff.. i wonder if the same engineers are involved....

bossind 01-07-2005 07:08 AM

Yes thats true but what we are finding that no one wants to put their name on a lifted truck, liablitiy I guess. I'll PM a site to you that has the actually letters from MVA the Engineer and the guys trucks that have been taken off the road.

CdnSoldier 01-07-2005 10:07 AM

Bossind
Only in NB. HAHA. I know in Ont, you can have it upto 6" plus stock. Can you send me that link. Thanks Dave

bossind 01-07-2005 10:16 AM

You have PM CdnSoldier, it is good that you all at least take an interest and find out what is going on.

Craigwell 01-09-2005 11:28 AM

well to be 100% honest, I dont have a lot of sympathy for
recreational 4x4 drivers. I like offroading, dont get me
wrong, but it's not the main purpose for my truck. It's all about
practicality through ease of repair, maintenance costs, and the
ability to get my way through inclement conditions. I dont think a lot of recreational 4x4'ing is all that responsible to our environment, established trails or not.

i dont know why people want to drive jacked up trucks
as daily drivers. if you want a woods or mud monster to
play with, put it on a trailer and tow it with yer daily
driver. (im assuming this would get around the lift issues)

all this being said, i still wouldnt be surprised if they tried
to bother me about my truck someday.

im gonna look at the url you sent bossind, as i'm quite curious
regardless of my thinking on the matter. I still dont believe the
cops or engineers should be so overzealous about it all.

bossind 01-09-2005 12:28 PM

Well its not just about lifted trucks, its about any modifications from factory. If it didn't come from the factory than the truck or car is no longer certified. Thats what the NB MVA is saying.

Craigwell 01-09-2005 05:47 PM

just seems to be a way to try to get people buying new cars
or something.. there arent a lot of old cars out there that
arent modified even just out of necessity..

sounds like the clunker laws some us states have passed. a lot of people are fighting to keep classics from getting
scrapped in some areas, seems the fight's coming here.

bossind 01-09-2005 06:03 PM

I think the insurance companies have something to do with it.

BlueOvalBaker 01-10-2005 05:23 PM

The best way to go about it is to get some engineers on the inside, that's the way I see it, or air bags...Air bags work well, lower it to regulatory standars when the Rotten Carrots Mashed Potatoes go by, then hit the switch and ride on over a civic, something small.

bossind 01-10-2005 09:32 PM

If we could find another engineer we would be set. Thought about the air bags but wouldn't work well on my TTB front end unless I went to a SAS.