Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   January Meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/317152-january-meeting.html)

Fastronald 12-10-2004 08:57 AM

January Meeting

Our January meeting will be at the Steak n Shake located on LARKIN Ave. in the Joliet area.

Our February meeting will be NORTH and the March meeting in Gilman.

We'll discuss the chapter logo, show/picnic, meeting locations, chapter sponsors and related topics.

The Steak n Shake is on LARKIN Ave., exit I - 80 on Larkin ave or exit I - 55 to Jefferson. Drive down Jefferson and turn RIGHT onto Larkin.

We're looking forward to seeing more new faces.

Thanks Fastronald

Fastronald 12-11-2004 10:45 AM

January Meeting

With John having been honored as the December Member of the Month, those who attended the meeting and I agree that Carol should be the January Member of the Month.

We have had some new names join the chapter in the past week or so. Some have posted but taken part in a meeting. Perhaps after the holidays we'll see them?

We have approval from the site to find a chapter sponsor so long as we have them contact the site for final approval. We'll make a list of potential businesses that I'll contact with a letter. The letter will be approved by the Chapter Members and then sent out.

See you in January! Happy Holidays!

Fastronald

mc73454 12-12-2004 11:03 AM

Any idea of a date for the January meeting? Joliet and Gilman are a bit of a drive,but I'm still planning on coming to at least ONE of them. Thanks!

Fastronald 12-12-2004 11:09 AM

Chapter Meetings

The Jaunary Meeting will be on the 9th at 1:00 in Joliet.

With enough interest from members, a meeting in Springfield or Matoon is possible in 2005.

What we would like to have a member from those areas attend two meetings to discuss locations, travel routes, etc, in that area.

My Daughter went to E.I.U.............so I have an idea about meeting sites in the Matoon/Charleston/Effingham area.

Hope to see many new faces in 2005.

Fastronald

mc73454 12-12-2004 11:22 AM

Sounds great,thanks!!

Fastronald 12-12-2004 11:31 AM

Meeting Date

Thanks................I forgot to post the date.

Fastronald 12-15-2004 11:21 AM

2005 meeting

We'll do as we usually do.........assemble in the parking lot, visit a bit, then when all are present, go in as a group and hold the chapter meeting and discussions.

Each chapter meeting has given us very nice weather and a sunny day. Let's see if this continues?

I should have a rough draft to have the members approve to be sent to potential chapter sponsors.

I will also have more copies of the interset/information sheet for everyone to hand out.

A final decision on our show/picnic location and the date should be made as well. This will allow long range planning to make it happen.

Remember the chapter logo has not been finalized, so bring your suggestions.

Hope to see more new faces in 2005!

Fastronald

JohnT 12-16-2004 07:05 PM

January meeting, Joliet

Carol and I will be there!

Fastronald 12-23-2004 11:57 AM

Meeting

I'll be looking forward to seeing all of you there. Will you have some pics of your latest project truck John?

JohnT 12-23-2004 04:58 PM

Pictures!

Hey Ron,
Yes, I will have pictures of the 73 Ford. Actually, the film is being developed right now as I write this! The truck is almost done, and it's looking really nice. -John

Fastronald 12-24-2004 01:09 PM

Meeting topic

Beyond the usual items we discuss and that of new business...........the seeking of a chapter sponsor is a matter I'd like chapter approval to proceed on.

Also, would anyone object IF, I check into establishing a chapter web site/web page?

Fastronald

JohnT 12-27-2004 03:25 PM

Ron,
Both finding a Chapter sponsor and establishing a Chapter web page sound like good ideas to me.
-John

dPrasse01 01-01-2005 03:26 PM

Ok , sounds good ...I was heading to Austin Tx with a trailer behind my 6.0 and missed the Dec meeting ....

will the steak and shake have a lot big enough if I happen to have a 38' trailer in tow ? or a street next door that I can parl my rig in , if I am in the area ? I hate turning a long rig in a little parking lot ( don't ask how I learned this ;) )
Heading for Washington state with a 38' camper Sunday ...

Fastronald 01-02-2005 10:32 AM

Meeting

There should be ample room either in their lot or the surrounding area. This Steak n Shake as are most, is located in a large shopping center type setting.

RedChick 01-03-2005 07:36 PM

The 9th is a bit iffy but I'll do my best!!! :)