Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ohio Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum91/)
-   -   Any Kentucky Lurkers out there? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/313253-any-kentucky-lurkers-out-there.html)

F2504x4 11-30-2004 07:17 PM

Any Kentucky Lurkers out there?

Hey guy's about stoppin in and saying Hi :-wink
and sharing some of your shine with us northern'ers.... :-X03

Gary42141 12-04-2004 03:17 AM

Glasgow, KY here.

Doesn't look like many other Kentuckians around here.

lightstar 12-05-2004 10:39 AM

[B]Gary..so far I have found 5 of us Kentuckians..

lightstar 12-05-2004 10:45 AM

By the way..I guess it's a good idea to check in often because I went to Indy swap and was mostly chevy...did not know about Columbus swap for us ...learned something today for sure

rywegh 12-05-2004 10:22 PM

hey there lightstar and Gary! How you guys doing? Glad to see you found our little club down here. Stop by and visit more. I'm trying to round up a bunch of members from Kentucky to start our own chapter. What do you guys think?

peppy 12-05-2004 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by rywegh
I'm trying to round up a bunch of members from Kentucky to start our own chapter. What do you guys think?

There ya go.....give him a title, and hes already attempting another sucession from the union. :p

rywegh 12-05-2004 11:34 PM

But of course! Would you expect anything else. Your not to far if you want to jump state...

F2504x4 12-05-2004 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by peppy
There ya go.....give him a title, and hes already attempting another sucession from the union. :p

Yaa it figures...{as i slowly pull the knife out of my back} :eek: Dang wildcats you never know when your gonna git bit..

:-X04

good to hear from ya peppy ....

nite out 12-06-2004 09:51 PM

willamsburg ky here. :-X20

rywegh 12-06-2004 11:57 PM

hey there nite out.

52FordF2 12-07-2004 02:19 AM

Hi Guys - I'm John from Northern Ky. 2 Years into a 52 F2 Redo. Currently in pieces - anybody up for a "garage night" in Northern Ky.

rywegh 12-07-2004 10:03 PM

what needs to be done there 52fordf2. I'm in Florence.

52FordF2 12-08-2004 04:46 AM

I am just starting to reconstruct the truck. The major drawback on the rebuild was the condition of the truck. When I started to take paint off, I found more bondo than metal. I wound up buying a welder and replacing all the rust with welded patches. I am into my 2nd 4x8 foot sheet of metal. I have dipped & painted frame and now in the process of rebuilding the suspension/axles. I got a rebuilt V8 flathead to go in. I have a small paint booth in my shop and I have been doing all body work and painting. As far as the body, I have only been doing rust repair and priming. I'm hoping to start shooting body color in Jan or Feb. If you like to come out and see the project, let me know. John

rywegh 12-09-2004 03:39 PM

Wouldn't mind if you don't. IF you want to try to meet up with us Friday if we still get together your more than welcome. I have noticed for some strange reason when members of a club such as ours meet they tend to go on in a good way. I think its because we just can't shut up about what we love. Oh yeah we also swap some good stories. I'll PM you my cell phone# just call when your done with your Christmas party to see if were telling fibs to each other. Shoot we might not evenget a meet going until a little later.

MrMando 12-10-2004 06:24 PM

Hey y'all another NKY person here. I am a newbe to doing much tearing apart and putting back together. I would love to talk with anyone in the area regarding restoring my old truck (check my gallery). My '67 is in pretty good shape and I use it as a daily driver. However, I would like to do some updating to the engine and drive train. The ol' 352 has plenty of power and compression seems to be good, but I want to update the carb and intake to get a little more power and combined with a different drive train, get a little better crusin' speed and gas mileage.

Also, I noticed that Ryan mentioned "meet up with us Friday". Is there a group of Ford truck owners that get together on a regular basis? Please let me know.
Cheers,
Scott