Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   Funds for The VA Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/311254-funds-for-the-va-chapter.html)

bob hare 11-25-2004 10:10 AM

Funds for The VA Chapter

I know on one of these threads somebody talked about drumming up some funds for the chapter. I'd like to suggest that some of us could donate some of our old stuff we have laying around our garages, and offer them up to the group for their donation to the chapter's coffers. I can think of a few things that I have laying around, that I'd donate.
What do you think???
Bob

stutterstan 11-25-2004 02:37 PM

How about @ oficial meetings we can pass around a hat, people can throw in a few bucks. I think dues might scare some people off. Bob has a good idea also to get funds started

Rory Goggin 11-25-2004 06:26 PM

I think both those ideas are worth trying! Maybe if you guys come help me clean my garage I'd consider donating everything you convence me I don't need to keep!:-D

MonsterBroncoKid 11-28-2004 01:36 PM

hmmm

donating is a great idea to keep things going and get stuff together, but we cant donate unless we getta cool little sticker or something. hell i wouldnt have voted unless they gave me the i voted sticker....lol.... hey tomcat did you ever finish up that VA Chap logo?

65vamonster 11-29-2004 10:40 AM

I think some small decals would be cheap to get made and we could make a couple bucks off of them. I am against the idea of mandatory dues as I am in a lot of forums and nobody charges for joining.

Rory Goggin 11-29-2004 06:18 PM

We need to check with Webmaster as to how / if we can "sell" decals to raise funds for the chapter first. Chapter Rules, as found here, state in part:

4. Chapters may use the FTE logo and domains in unmodified form with prior approval from FTE for each project. Detrimental, malicious, commercial, for-profit or competitive use of the FTE logo or domains is strictly prohibited. If either is used with another logo or domain, permission must be granted in writing.

5. FTE reserves the right to print and/or sell Chapter t-shirt, bumper stickers, business cards or other Chapter items in its online store or through a third party in order to help support the costs associated with maintaining and promoting the Chapter on FTE.

So, we need to check first. But it IS a good idea IMHO. And I'm certain that SOME of the funds can be channeled into the the chapter.

Tomcat7742 11-29-2004 07:30 PM

I am going to check with Webmaster and Mil1ion, see what the deal is on what our logo can and can not look like. I'll also check on producing stickers and/ or t-shirts.

I'd also love to be able to get some of those stickers that just cling to the window instead of just the traditional stickers.

- Chris

65vamonster 11-29-2004 07:42 PM

I worry about static stickers falling off above 100MPH.

MonsterBroncoKid 11-29-2004 07:57 PM

not concerned

hell im lucky if i can get my rig over 90 goin downhill with a good tailwind. damn 3 spd tranny and all the weight is great if i need to pull down a tree, but sux on hgwy

Tomcat7742 11-29-2004 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by 65vamonster
I worry about static stickers falling off above 100MPH.

:-X24 100mph? I wondered what that sound was earlier flying by me.

Well actually I mean producing both kinds of stickers. Also on the clinging ones, I mean the kind you can hang on the inside of the cab.

- Chris

65vamonster 11-30-2004 10:37 AM

Oh Ok. Did you know a post must contain ten characters?

MonsterBroncoKid 12-01-2004 05:58 AM

yup

yea that 10 char thing caught me just a few days ago. i had never noticed until then