Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Computer Chips & Tuners (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum46/)
-   -   Diablo Predator Tuner - Now what (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/306234-diablo-predator-tuner-now-what.html)

yamahonda41 11-11-2004 07:40 PM

Diablo Predator Tuner - Now what

I've had my Diablo for a couple weeks now and have tweaked the tune as much as I dare without a Dyno test. I went all the way to 10% advanced with the timing and changed a few of the shift pressures, etc.

I would like to ask Santa for $300 to maybe $500 in upgrades. Would exhaust be the next best thing for that money for my '03 F150 SC with 4.6L. All I have done is K&N air filter and the Diablo Tune. Everything else is stock.

I visited the local Automotive Engineering and the guy there said that headers would not help much at all on my truck and it is almost impossible to put on true dual exhaust. I would like it to be a little louder than stock but not so much in the cab. I am mainly interested in towing performance. Any ideas on exhaust upgrades for my truck?

Also, is $300 to $500 better spent elsewhere? Would love to supercharge it but that is way to much $$ to get approval from HQ :-X02

Thanks

Rocky J 11-11-2004 09:58 PM

Start an emergency fund to help defray the costs of upcoming tickets, lawyers, license suspension hearings, work permits, etc. I got my second speeding ticket in two weeks yesterday, removed the Diablo tune from the truck right there in the parking lot before driving home.

yamahonda41 11-11-2004 10:11 PM

Man that stinks. I guess I have been lucky so far. It was much easier to drive the speed limit prior to the tune!

Rocky J 11-11-2004 10:18 PM

A lot of my problem is that I've been driving a Ranger for 7 years. You cannot drive a tuned 5.4 F150 as aggressively as you can a Ranger and get away with it for very long. On a 6 lane divided road, 60 doesn't feel all that fast. But it's still 15 over the speed limit within Longwood city limits. :(

Check out the 4.6 motor forum for ideas on additional mods. Lots of Mustang GT parts will bolt on. Keep it on all 4 tires! :D

superrangerman2002 11-17-2004 08:06 PM

I would say BS to the "headers not being worth it" part. Check out my gallery for more details and ideas.

In my gallery there is a side by side comparison of the Gibson SS headers that I put on, and the stock ones of a 5.4L. For headers not being worth it, there is a very large market for them.

superrangerman2002 11-17-2004 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rocky J
A lot of my problem is that I've been driving a Ranger for 7 years. You cannot drive a tuned 5.4 F150 as aggressively as you can a Ranger and get away with it for very long. On a 6 lane divided road, 60 doesn't feel all that fast. But it's still 15 over the speed limit within Longwood city limits. :(

Check out the 4.6 motor forum for ideas on additional mods. Lots of Mustang GT parts will bolt on. Keep it on all 4 tires! :D

LOL, you'd prolly be skiddish in my rig!