Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   chip for 2000 PSD with propane injection (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/302925-chip-for-2000-psd-with-propane-injection.html)

SoundBuys 11-03-2004 01:47 AM

chip for 2000 PSD with propane injection

So what do you guys recommend for me. I have a 2000 PSD with a Powershot propane kit on it. I am looking for a good chip.

Any help would be great!

Shawn

Quadzilla 11-03-2004 05:13 AM

You've got a few options, but the best one might be right under your nose. Ken, the webmaster here, is also a terrific chip burner, and can hook you up with a Diablo Delta flip chip that's programmed for propane use.

horsecop 11-04-2004 01:39 PM

Can you hook a burner up to the system to cook hamburgers too? Hheheheheh! Just kidding. Saw you were on this thread Quad and just wanted to say howdy. SoundBuys, the Quad knows about this propane stuff. :-X22

Quadzilla 11-04-2004 03:15 PM

Bubba!!!
It's good to hear from you, my friend! How've you been?
Scott.

powershotone 11-04-2004 03:43 PM

If you want to stay generic, really any chip or programmer in the 70-90 hp range will be a good marriage with the Powershot. Extreme , radical chips, usually those rated to be over 100 hp generally have advanced timing, which is what is programmed out with a custom burn/tune. And your right about Scott, He is one of the most knowledgeable people around when it comes to his Powershot and propane injection in general.

SoundBuys 11-04-2004 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Quadzilla
You've got a few options, but the best one might be right under your nose. Ken, the webmaster here, is also a terrific chip burner, and can hook you up with a Diablo Delta flip chip that's programmed for propane use.

Cool I will have to e-mail Ken.

Quad what do you run in your truck?

Quadzilla 11-05-2004 04:20 AM

For over a year, I ran a Diablo Delta chip, exactly like the ones Ken sells. (I didn't know about Ken at the time, or I would have bought mine from him.) That particular chip was programmed with a "Tow" program (54hp), and "Extreme" (100hp). Both programs were propane programs, meaning there wasn't any fuel timing advance built into the chip programming. Propane advances the fuel timing, so having it programmed into the chip would lead to pre-detonation.
Since then, I've started experimenting with a custom burned chip from another vendor. It has four positions, none of which are "stock", and take my 1.0AR turbine housing into account in the programming.
Other than giving me a few more options, I really can't say that the truck runs any better than it did with the Diablo Delta.

SoundBuys 11-05-2004 11:27 AM

Hmmm I may have to try that Delta one...... seems like a good option.

Shawn