Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chapter Discussion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum138/)
-   -   General Chapter Info (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/296418-general-chapter-info.html)

F2504x4 10-17-2004 10:47 PM

General Chapter Info

This is copied from FTE guidelines,
Starting A Chapter,

Is your region missing from the Chapters list? If you would like to organize a Chapter in your region please read the overview and submit a proposal when you are ready. Additionally, you are welcome to discuss starting a Chapter in the General Chapter Discussion forum.

Chapter Overview And Rules

In order to start a Chapter you must have minimum of 5 FTE members willing to join. Each member must be an active FTE user for at least 30 days. The member organizing the Chapter must be an FTE user for at least 60 days.

Once the Chapter is formed, you must organize an off-line meeting of the Chapter to elect a Chapter Leader and any additional officers your Chapter may need such as secretary, treasurer, photographer, etc. Each Chapter needs to have one or more persons with a digital camera so Chapter related photos can be maintained in the Chapter Gallery.

The Chapter Leader is responsible for seeking out new Chapter members on the FTE forums (we provide the tools for this), overseeing the organization of events, meetings and gatherings. Additionally, we encourage Chapter members to seek out new members at auto shows, fellow Ford owners in the work place and Ford truck owners you may encounter in your day-to-day life. You may even consider telling local dealerships or auto parts stores about your Chapter.

Chapters may use the FTE logo and domains in unmodified form with prior approval from FTE for each project. Detrimental, malicious, commercial, for-profit or competitive use of the FTE logo or domains is strictly prohibited. If either is used with another logo or domain, permission must be granted in writing.

****FTE reserves the right to print and/or sell Chapter t-shirt, bumper stickers, business cards or other Chapter items in its online store or through a third party in order to help support the costs associated with maintaining and promoting the Chapter on FTE.****

Chapter Leaders may not hold a similar position or title with a competitive venture, or otherwise have his position on FTE cause a conflict of interest.

Opinions and/or statements expressed by Chapter Leaders, officers and members do not reflect the opinions of "Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc.", its officers, directors, employees and shareholders. Ford Truck Enthusiasts, Inc. assumes no liability for direct, indirect, punitive, consequential, special or incidental damages, accident, injury, loss of property, income or life due to use or misuse of opinions, statements or information, actions or inaction of Chapter Leaders, officers and members.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
now for my 02's.
once you have got a chapter started, you should do the following.

Use the members search to find members from your state, go to the advance search tab, type in the state. this will give you a starting point to contact other members.

To help keep interest going, post some interesting topic's. encourage others to do so...

Try to have a least 3 meeting's a year..its a great way to get to know each other.

Pass the word about FTE and your chapter, to freinds and buisness assc.'s.

Have patience's...good group's don't happen overnight..... :-X25... ;)

okay...enough from me, lets hear from the other Chapter leader's ...Maam and Gentlemen...if you will...........

Fordlover55 10-17-2004 11:18 PM

Folks, I have been with FTE for only a short while compared to some others, but I think that the idea of everyone joining their state chapter is a teriffic idea. FTE is already the largest family oriented Ford Truck site on the net, gaining new users every single day. We are already, in effect, the largest Ford Truck club in the United States..if not the world.

The State chapters are a way for each of us to get better acquainted with each other, to meet, organize and have good times together. There are already several state chapters who are well organized and have had several outstanding events that promise to only get larger over time. The more active we are in our state chapters, the more likely we are to get Ford Motor Company's attention and possible sponsorship for our events, as time goes on.

I strongly urge everyone to join their state or regional chapter. The more people join the regional chapters, perhaps in no time at all, we will have all 50 states with individual chapters. I love the feeling of belonging and playing a part in the development of our chapters. Each of you can do the same and with a little effort, we can not only be the biggest...but the best!

cowlady 10-18-2004 05:47 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with both of you! I try to let anyone new know about joining "officially" & will stop strangers with a Ford truck & talk about the site/chapter.
I do have a problem with motivating get togethers. We're spread out with the greatest concentrartion of members some 400 miles away from me. Since we typically have so few nice days here in Buffalo most of the members take advantage of the summer months for things other than the internet. Hopefully we can get more involvement now that it's getting cold - I just hope we don't have the usual blizzardy winters! I dread winter here!
I am always open to suggestions from fellow leaders as to how to stir things up so fire away! I did email over 80 members & only a few replied & joined the chapter. I need something more to help get this chapter going!!!!!!!!!!!!

fordborn 10-18-2004 07:13 PM

Very good post and I agree very much with growing the chapters along with FTE. This is a big challenge to all leaders as well as the fellow members. Growing the chapters can be real trying and even discouraging at times but we all should remember that it will not all come together overnight, so if we keep up the activities and such the groups will become bigger and better. Getting new members and increasing the size of the chapters is great, but we have to focus on keeping the people we have as well. The Kansas chapter has a strong core group that have stuck together through many different conditions, our members are there to help others without even having to ask, they just show up and jump in. The members are also not concerned with where or when there are G2G's they will go where ever. This core group has become more of a extended family then just a group. Now I point this out because it took a few years to create the core members that form the chapter and with them we draw more into the group because newer members see how much is given by the other members without asking for anything in return. This not only draws new membership but helps them feel more at ease which makes it easier for them to feel like they fit in. Thus we get growth but it is also quality growth. I think all the leaders are doing a great job and should be commended for their actions, for this is not an easy position to be in. So any words I could say to all of you is to not get discouraged or feel that you are not making progress for each and every one of you are making progress. Without you there would be no chapter so that is progress. It will take time and things will start small but they will grow as time goes on. IF you can get 4 or 5 people together then they will have things to talk about and post about which will draw attention of others and on and on till you end up with 10 then 15 then more.Well thats my 2-cents which may be all it's worth but I hope it makes some sense.

F2504x4 11-17-2004 10:27 PM

For groups that are putting together a state chapter, please contact 99Trigger3_0 to sumitt a request to start a chapter, be sure you have read the requirements and guidelines for submitting a request. Then please be patient when waiting for approvel.
There may be a delay in processing your request due to upgrades,FTE buisness trips,unforseen problems that are happening behind the scenes...etc, etc.

Have a person nominated to act as a spokesperson on behalf group.

You can contact 99Trigger3_0, or one of the supermoderators=Beast12, or Carlene, to edit posts,removel of posts or add Read Firsts in your chapter.

If you have question that one of the other chapter leaders help you with, please post a thread in the chapter discusions forum, we all try to help each other out.

my .02's ...Grow slow ....Grow strong.....Be respectful to one another.

F2504x4 12-05-2004 11:22 AM

If you are needing a copy of the FTE logo's ....

Heres a link to the Hi-res FTE logo provided by Ken

https://www.ford-trucks.com/FTE_Logo.jpg

and heres the link to the smaller FTE logo.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/Web_store/Images/front.gif

Please remember that you cannot change the FTE logo in anyway , it is copyright protected.

if you want to see some examples of other chapter logo's and stores , look at the Highplains drifters chapter store.

http://www.cafepress.com/hpdrifters.

Remember to submit your logo to the Current Chapter Moderator by private messageing for approval before using it.

F2504x4 12-13-2004 10:57 PM

Just adding a good question by Brian A

finding fellow state FTE'rs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any advice on how to find all FTE members who are form my home state (Alabama)? As Alabama Chapter Leader, I want to get the word out to as many Alabama guys as I can.
I went to "Members List" in hope of sorting by state. But, that sort option doesn't appear to exist.
Any advice?
Thanks.

F2504x4 12-13-2004 11:00 PM

And a good answer....By Beast 12..

Oh but it does exist!

Go to Members List at the top. Then when the list comes up click on "Search Members" on the right side. A box will come up where you can type in a member's name. Below it says "advanced search". Click that. The rest should be self-explanatory!

-Matt

F2504x4 01-15-2005 10:44 AM

Info on chapter web site.

Heres a link to the thread that discusses the website for the chapters.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313185
<><>><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><>><>><<><><>< ><>><
and this is what URL for web site posted by the webmaster.

FTE will donate 50 meg of web space to any chapter that needs it:

chaptername.ford-trucks.com
<><><>><><><>><<>>><<>><><><><<><><><><><><><><><> <>><><<

F2504x4 07-15-2005 11:25 PM

Link to the Chapter leaders, meetings, etc. thread.....lots of good info on leaders .....

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/s...d.php?t=235977