Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Jersey Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum143/)
-   -   Everyone ok after storm last night? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/288921-everyone-ok-after-storm-last-night.html)

iskybantilus 09-29-2004 06:39 AM

Everyone ok after storm last night?

hey all

After that heavy rain last night I was sure happy to find not a drop of water anywhere in my house (just closed last week). Driving back to my apartment was not as fun with all that rain. everyone make out ok or got any interesting stories?

jdmorg 09-29-2004 08:05 AM

I couldn't have been more than 1 mile away from the tornado that hit Cherry Hill, and I didn't see or hear a thing. Other than getting beasted with rain, I didn't see much else. The breeze made for some nice sleepin though

iskybantilus 09-29-2004 08:53 AM

yea, i heard about that ... had a heck of a time driving up 55 to 295 to the 561 exit about 10 oclock last night. not sure what time that touched down.

my apartment is in voorhees, so i am right by there as well

jdmorg 09-29-2004 09:08 AM

Yeah, I remember you saying that when we were talking about getting into Medford after the last big storms. I think they said the twister hit around 3:30 in the afetrnoon, but almost everything was flooded or blocked by something. They actually closed I-76 in Philly, and had people turning around in there lanes and going back to the last exit.

What town did you pick up a house in?

iskybantilus 09-29-2004 09:46 AM

i am moving to malaga, which on the border of north vineland. it is part of franklin twp. pretty nice place. after my incident in the parking lot of my apartment yesterday morning, i cant wait to get out. (see super duty forums or my gallary for pics) some idiot in an s10 backed into my truck pushing it about 3-4 feet. didnt doo much damage aside from tweak and scratch the bumper i dont think, but nonetheless, a pain. at least we got our own forum started here frinally... woo hoo

Paul Garvin 09-29-2004 12:58 PM

Storm Damage

I work in Cherry Hill. Made it out of here with no problems only to have a tree limb fall on my 1 1/2 month old truck in my driveway in Mount Laurel. This really sucks. I gotta move someplace where there are no trees, or build a very large garage for my truck.
Paul Garvin

iskybantilus 09-29-2004 02:03 PM

wow ... i feel your pain ..... anything we can do let us know. any pictures? how bad? if its pretty bad they should total out the truck due to age.

frederic 09-29-2004 03:32 PM

Over here in Colonia we just got a lot of water... both sumps in the basement kicked on and stayed on until the rain stopped - dry basement.

I had to add an auxilary sump pump in the driveway by the garage door, for some reason I had 3" standing water that never used to pool there, but aside from that, all was well.

kevincw 09-29-2004 05:12 PM

Not bad down the shore, some rain and some moderate winds. I was hoping that the rain would wash the dirt off the truck.

Ken00 09-29-2004 07:30 PM

I didn't have any problems at my place but my girl had about 2 feet of water in the driveway and front yard and 3-4 in the back of her house, no damage and the 2002 was parked up the street on higher ground.

Paul Garvin 09-30-2004 09:13 AM

Not too bad

Originally Posted by iskybantilus
wow ... i feel your pain ..... anything we can do let us know. any pictures? how bad? if its pretty bad they should total out the truck due to age.

The damage is not too bad. about 7 small dents on the roof. I doubt the insurance company would total the truck even if it were seriously damaged. I bought the truck in August with a sticker price near $38,000. I would probably have to have around $25,000 or more in damages before they would total it.
Paul Garvin

iskybantilus 09-30-2004 12:27 PM

ahhh, ok, i was picturing like this huge branch crushing the entire truck to the frame or something horrible .... good luck with the repairs.

1970f2504x4 10-04-2004 09:56 AM

We had plenty of rain here in Summit, NJ but no real flooding or other problems. Of course I left the vent windows open in our van so the back got a little wet. From what I understand the folks closer to the Delaware got a bit more rain than we did. I was in upstate NY a few weeks ago when the Delaware flooded.. now that was an interesting weekend trying to get from town to town up there! I wish I had my truck with me then.. but the compass on our van helped us out bigtime when we were trekking the woods.