Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chapter Discussion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum138/)
-   -   FTE Chapters Nationals Event (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/288802-fte-chapters-nationals-event.html)

FTE Ken 09-28-2004 08:49 PM

FTE Chapters Nationals Event

We're now in the planning stages for the 2005 FTE Chapters Nationals Meet...

Your ideas, thoughts and suggestions are welcome!

Mil1ion 09-28-2004 09:22 PM

I know that Lebanon,Kansas is the center of the US
But !
Where would the geographical center of the U.S. (minus Hawaii & Alaska) & the lower half of Canada be ?

Somewhere north of Lebanon & South of Rugby North Dakota I imagine ?

Wouldn't that make a cool cruise-in ?

EDIT:

It looks like it may be Winner,South Dakota or Valentine, Nebraska

of course Lincoln, Nebraska is the largest Metropolitan area to them.

fordborn 09-28-2004 09:59 PM

Great idea, I would suggest maybe on a long weekend in order to allow more people to drive the distance.

Dennis,

The 50 United States: 44°58' North, 103°46' West - West of Castle Rock, Butte County, South Dakota.

The geographic center of the contiguous (lower) 48 states is about four miles west of Lebanon, Kansas, at 98°35' West 39°50' North

Just in case you want the exact points. :-X22

Forgot one just in case.:The geographic center of the North American continent is 6 miles west of Balta, North Dakota . 8D

Mil1ion 09-28-2004 10:28 PM

Well, since Lincoln is a Ford Product ......... :)

FTE Ken 09-29-2004 06:39 AM

Hate to say this Dennis but I'm shooting for a central lower-48 USA location, at least for the first year. Because the vast majority of FTE's users and staff are USA based we need it to be as easy as possible on the greatest number of people. Remember, I'm going to have to drive to bring all the things FTE will need to set up... and I won't be driving to the Dakotas!

Mil1ion 09-29-2004 02:30 PM

That sounds fair, I guess I was just dreaming.

Fordlover55 09-30-2004 02:00 AM

I'll be watching this and see where we end up. I'd like to make one big function before I drop over. My Army company has it's annual reunions in Ft. Walton Beach, Florida every year....and that's too far to travel to, so I don't go. I would definitely like to see this be a huge turn out, so I hope it's within an affordable driving distance. I can always sleep in the back of the truck or in a tent if there's camping available. Ahhh...dreams of miles and miles of nothing but Fords!

sglaine 09-30-2004 07:44 PM

So please fill me in here. What do we do there and what goes on?

Mil1ion 09-30-2004 08:14 PM

Feedback ....we're looking for feedback from Chapter members in Canada & the U.S.

Bordaine 10-01-2004 04:38 PM

I am going to be in Atlanta July 21st/23rd for the AMC nationals. I would like to stop by FTE and meet everyone. As far as A FTE national, it sounds like fun. I would like to show up for that. :)

88grandmarquis 10-01-2004 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by webmaster
and I won't be driving to the Dakotas!

You sayin' thar som'n wrong wit us Dakot'ns? :-X04

A national event sounds real fun. Would there be a "show 'n shine" sort of thing? How about some trail running? How about some sort of deal with demonstrations (i.e.: body work, mechanical repairs, tips & tricks, etc. . . ) that members could do? I'd be up for it, but a lot of things would have to fall into place for me to make a trip like that.

Matts72 10-01-2004 09:15 PM

Sounds cool...I'd definetly be up for that.

Fastronald 10-01-2004 11:19 PM

F.T.E. National meeting

Love it!......there is always the state fair grounds in central Illinois/state capitol too.

Mil1ion 10-01-2004 11:38 PM

So....going by this map,would it be somewhere near Eastern Okla,North EasternTexas or Western Missouri or W.Arkansas?

http://www.infoplease.com/atlas/unitedstates.html

FTE Ken 10-01-2004 11:45 PM

I'm thinking Kansas/Missouri. They are fairly centralized and there are towns in both that handle this type of thing on a regular basis. :)