Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   propane injection? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/286240-propane-injection.html)

fordpower2003 09-22-2004 01:46 AM

propane injection?

hey guys,
i just wanted to get some input from yall and see what you thought about propane injection on a psd. Im thinking about doing it sometime in the future and would like yall to give some pros and cons about the system. if some of you already have propane i would like to hear if yall are impressed with it or not.

Thank yall much,
Ford Power 2003

Quadzilla 09-22-2004 04:45 AM

I've had the Powershot2000 system on my truck for over a year, and am impressed with the amount of additional power it provides. The installation is relatively easy, once you determine the tank size/location, etc. There's a true 80hp increase on a dyno. The cost of propane itself is well under $.01/mile, so the expense of operation isn't too bad.
The downside is if you have it set too high. Serious damage can occur if safe limits are exceeded. Bent rods and cracked pistons are a few of the potential dangers.
If you decide to install a system, let me know, and I can walk you through the initial "dial in" procedures.

farmb0y 09-22-2004 08:35 AM

Yea, listen to quadzilla, he knows what he's talking about. If you want to add any other mods to your truck, quadzilla has done it and can tell you how to do it! Just look at his truck in his gallery!! :-X22

Kwikkordead 09-22-2004 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by farmb0y
Yea, listen to quadzilla, he knows what he's talking about. If you want to add any other mods to your truck, quadzilla has done it and can tell you how to do it! Just look at his truck in his gallery!! :-X22

I've looked and never been able to see Quadzilla's truck. All I get is this little square with a red dot in the middle.

Quadzilla 09-22-2004 05:50 PM

Click here.

WeWeld 09-22-2004 10:12 PM

The Powershot 2000 is a good system , I've had mine for 160,000 miles.

GENE

Kwikkordead 09-22-2004 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Quadzilla

Wow, nice truck and very tricked out. I like the big exhaust. I'll bet that sounds nice and deep when you put the screws to it.

fordpower2003 09-24-2004 08:46 PM

Thank you very much for your input guys.
I will probably get propane injection after i get injectors and sell my edge products, and get a chip that will work with the injectors.

Thanks again,
Ford Power

Quadzilla 09-25-2004 06:28 AM

Just so you'll know what to expect..... If you add propane injection to a truck with stock injectors, you get a big increase in power. After adding aftermarket injectors, the amount of incremental power from propane is lower. Most of the people I know see injectors and propane as an either/or proposition. Few run both, though it's been done.

Phydeaux88 09-25-2004 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by fordpower2003
Thank you very much for your input guys.
I will probably get propane injection after i get injectors and sell my edge products, and get a chip that will work with the injectors.

Thanks again,
Ford Power

Before you invest in another chip find out if yours can simply be reprogrammed. Save a few $$$

dieselfish 11-21-2004 01:29 PM

From Quadzilla: "If you decide to install a system, let me know, and I can walk you through the initial "dial in" procedures."

I have driven ford diesel trucks since 1983 and made many modifications on them. I have never used a propane injection yet. Due to my business, I tow RV's very long distances. I have a 4" exhaust, cold air intake system (K&N), Superchip Trimode Tuner and a full gauge system on a 1996 F250 4x4. My mileage is only 12 mpg towing and 15-18 mpg empty (automatic, 3:55 gears). I have access to a complete used Bully Dog system for a 7.3 PS. Would this be a good addition to my towing package?